Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Mexico facing punishment over homophobic chants against German goalkeeper

Mexico were last night facing punishment for their fans’ homophobic chanting during their World Cup victory over Germany.

Fifa opened disciplinary proceedings against the Mexican Football Federationafter thousands of the country’s supporters repeatedly yelled “puto” - the Spanish word for a male prostitute - during Sunday’s game at the Luzhniki Stadium.

The chanting - seemingly directed primarily at Manuel Neuer - was filmed by the governing body’s independent anti-discrimination observers and reported to those responsible for policing bigotry in the stadium.

The abuse was the first major test at the World Cup of Fifa’s so-called ‘three-step process’ for dealing with bigotry from the stands.

The first step involves the referee stopping the game so a warning can be issued over the public address, which, if ignored, is then escalated to the match being suspended and eventually abandoned.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2018/06/18/fifa-launch-investigation-homophobic-chants-mexico-fans-world/amp/

scream1  my poor queen, i love him

i mean during the game me and my friends talked about Manuels homesexuality which is pretty much known by everyone here in cologne,germany oprah14 

i hate the fact football is still so fucking behind everything and its still an absolute taboo for a gay footballer to come out :(  even in 2018

and yes fifa educate them and punish them for shouting clap1

13 minutes ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

mean during the game me and my friends talked about Manuels homesexuality which is pretty much known by everyone here in cologne,germany 

Was? scream1 tell me more 

10 hours ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

i mean during the game me and my friends talked about Manuels homesexuality which is pretty much known by everyone here in cologne,germany oprah14 

i hate the fact football is still so fucking behind everything and its still an absolute taboo for a gay footballer to come out :(  even in 2018

Wikipedia says he's married to a woman though? scream1 what's the truth? Cause he's a 6'4" snacc 

19 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Wikipedia says he's married to a woman though? scream1 what's the truth? Cause he's a 6'4" snacc 

Neuer is a Catholic, and lends his support to a Gelsenkirchen-based Catholic social action group which campaigns against child poverty as well as a Gelsenkirchen-based youth club run by the Amigonians

On 21 May 2017, Neuer married longtime girlfriend Nina Weiss in Tannheim, Austria, in a civil ceremony, which was followed by a church wedding in the Cathedral of Santissima della Madia in Monopoli, Italy on 10 June

oprah14 

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

Neuer is a Catholic, and lends his support to a Gelsenkirchen-based Catholic social action group which campaigns against child poverty as well as a Gelsenkirchen-based youth club run by the Amigonians

On 21 May 2017, Neuer married longtime girlfriend Nina Weiss in Tannheim, Austria, in a civil ceremony, which was followed by a church wedding in the Cathedral of Santissima della Madia in Monopoli, Italy on 10 June

oprah14 

Uh huh orangu1 I read that on Wikipedia. As I literally just said. I was responding to this:

11 hours ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

i mean during the game me and my friends talked about Manuels homesexuality which is pretty much known by everyone here in cologne, germany oprah14 

I know nothing about football or football players. Is there gay rumors about this guy? That's why I asked @ParentalAdvisory oprah14

5 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Uh huh orangu1 I read that on Wikipedia. As I literally just said. I was responding to this:

i wasnt suggesting anythign different than you orangu1 

we literally do this in every game... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh putooooo!!! its not a big deal tbh dead1   its a mexican thing i guess, i mean, im puto and i dont feel offender smh,  camate pofavor FIFA rip3

On 6/21/2018 at 12:01 AM, frankgutz said:

we literally do this in every game... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh putooooo!!! its not a big deal tbh dead1   its a mexican thing i guess, i mean, im puto and i dont feel offender smh,  camate pofavor FIFA rip3

I really disagree with this type of mentality. The fact that it's always done doesn't justify it. The word is a slang word specifically aimed to denigrate gay people, if you don't take offence, kudos to you, but equating being gay with being: inferior, a looser or anything offensive, is something that everyone in the LGBTI+ community should fight instead of being complicit.  

1 hour ago, jacs vs looser said:

I really disagree with this type of mentality. The fact that it's always done doesn't justify it. The word is a slang word specifically aimed to denigrate gay people, if you don't take offence, kudos to you, but equating being gay with being: inferior, a looser or anything offensive, is something that everyone in the LGBTI+ community should fight instead of being complicit.  

tell me more SWJ member jacks vs looser  lol

23 minutes ago, frankgutz said:

I assume you mean "SJW", for which I guess continuing this conversation with you will probably lead to nothing of value, so I'll leave it at that. brit11

21 hours ago, frankgutz said:

Tell me more sheep member frankgutz about how you’re okay with offensive remarks against gay men just because “everyone in Mexico does it” brit5 

I guess Mexico is filled with a toxic machismo, anti-gay culture and the rest of the world should just go “ah it’s not a big deal calm down” instead of saying “hey this is not okay”... xtina2 

Being Mexican myself it’s one of the reasons I feel weird about going to an actual game. Like I get it it’s a tradition, like doing the wave or the “everybody clap your hands” but it’s still annoying to hear dead7

On 6/19/2018 at 3:04 AM, ParentalAdvisory said:

They didn't do this because they suspect he's gay. It's just something they shout at every goalkeeper when he punts the ball as a way to taunt the other team. I suspect most fans do it because of tradition and not because they're against gay people.

But I agree that it sends the wrong message and it should stop. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.