Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Robi

Meghan Trainor | Treat Myself | January 31st, 2020

Really looking forward to this. rose1 Kinda lost hype initially after the string of flops and songs that were mildly interesting, but I love the three new ones. Evil Twin is typical Meghan and so cheeky, which I love. Wave is absolutely fantastic too. Kinda think it was dumb to not put GENETICS since it came out right before Wave like??? Also really liked the EP for the most part. Gonna miss Good Mornin not being on the album). Gonna be adding songs to the end of the album I guess. 

The new cover is a STUN

According to an eBay seller, this is the tracklist

1. Wave feat. Mike Sabath
2. Nice To Meet Ya feat. Nicki Minaj
3. Funk
4. Babygirl
5. Workin’ On It feat. Lennon Stella & Sasha Sloan
6. Ashes
7. Lie To Me
8. Here To Stay
9. Blink
10. Genetics feat. The Pussycat Dolls
11. Evil Twin
12. After You feat. AJ Mitchell
13. Another Opinion
14. No Excuses
15. Have You Now

It does match with her emojis. Interesting that she reworked After You giveup3 The Nicki Minaj feat rip3 

Ok so here’s a thought/question: why is she still calling this Treat Myself? Not only is the song only included in the Target edition (which is ugly af), but the mood just isn’t the same. The singles she’s been releasing leading up to this have been mostly different from the ones she released in 2018. I’m still confused as to why she put No Excuses on the final thing but not the TITLE TRACK. If you ask me, she should’ve changed the album name to Wave. She also should released an EP for the singles she released in 2018 (NE, LYBR, CD, ATW, & TM). She still could’ve done The Love Train EP, just without ATW. That way she could’ve done all the disco songs on one EP, and all the love songs on another. Also they’d both have 5 songs so yay for consistency! I really should be Meghan’s new manager, baby needs to get better at managing her brand.

2 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

@ajp

this is the only original tracklist song i could find that wasnt released.

also the (official tracklist) album leaked.

I like it but it sounds dated - like it’s something we’ve heard before from her. bebe1

Ashes, Lie to Me and Another Opinion are my faves from the new songs. Really cute record. Wasn't sure at first but from Track 5 onwards I was really liking everything. Not as instant as her past albums, but I see myself listening to it more throughout the year antm1 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.