Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

XXXTentacion's girlfriend and abuse victim says she's "broken" by his death

55 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

is she mentally ok? he abused ha and she's hurt by his death? jj3 

It's incredibly common for a victim of abuse to defend their abuser, it's stockholm syndrome of sorts. 

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

i hope she gets her speedy recovery but jj3 

is she mentally ok? he abused ha and she's hurt by his death? jj3 

5 minutes ago, Onika said:

It's incredibly common for a victim of abuse to defend their abuser, it's stockholm syndrome of sorts. 

Seems pretty feeble and insulting to suggest that she's mentally incapable in some way, especially after she's given her view on this and it wasn't what many expected or wanted to hear.

I wouldn't exactly call "I didn't want him dead" a defense anyway.

it's crucial i get the surgery otherwise my eyeball will die and the nerve connecting my lip/cheek and teeth will eventually die as well. i'd appreciate anything, this is a very strenuous obstacle that has been put into my hands. also could use money towards my living situation and food. thank you.

Damn, that poor girl doesn't need anyone telling her how to feel rn. Needs to be left alone and given space tbh

13 hours ago, Onika said:

i thought about that

13 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Seems pretty feeble and insulting to suggest that she's mentally incapable in some way, especially after she's given her view on this and it wasn't what many expected or wanted to hear.

I wouldn't exactly call "I didn't want him dead" a defense anyway.

i didnt mean for it to sound as if i was calling her mentally disabled, but i meant like "is she suffering from a mental illness in wake of the abuse" jj3 

15 hours ago, Jake said:

Stockholm Syndrome is a bitch.

2 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

i thought about that

i didnt mean for it to sound as if i was calling her mentally disabled, but i meant like "is she suffering from a mental illness in wake of the abuse" jj3 

Hmm, I dunno guys, in the past year it seems like society has learned a lot about listening to victims of abuse - not that their feelings would be the ultimate determiner of justice, but they should always be heard and taken into account. But what I get out of this viewpoint (even if you didn't carry it out to this conclusion) is that victims have to be as angry, hurt and vengeful as possible, otherwise they won't be taken seriously and maybe even have their mental wellness called into question. If people don't always take them seriously regardless of their feelings, then it seems less like people care about the victims themselves and they view them more as a good reason to revel in the misfortune of their abuser. The feeling of justified anger can be pretty satisfying.

7 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Apparently she tried to go to his vigil, and not only did they kick her out but they burned everything she left for him jj4jj4jj4 Good lord....

Wow I didn't know FOTP members attended his vigil. rav2

20 hours ago, Onika said:

19 hours ago, Jake said:

Stockholm Syndrome is a bitch.

ny12

20 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Hmm, I dunno guys, in the past year it seems like society has learned a lot about listening to victims of abuse - not that their feelings would be the ultimate determiner of justice, but they should always be heard and taken into account. But what I get out of this viewpoint (even if you didn't carry it out to this conclusion) is that victims have to be as angry, hurt and vengeful as possible, otherwise they won't be taken seriously and maybe even have their mental wellness called into question. If people don't always take them seriously regardless of their feelings, then it seems less like people care about the victims themselves and they view them more as a good reason to revel in the misfortune of their abuser. The feeling of justified anger can be pretty satisfying.

It's not about reveling in the misfortune of someone, but rather I find it relieving that there's one less abuser in the world. If that makes me a bad person, I'm cool with that label. Everyone's going to have their own feelings about it and I don't begrudge anyone their own, that's just how I feel.

16 hours ago, Urbanov said:

ny12

Yes?

36 minutes ago, Onika said:

It's not about reveling in the misfortune of someone, but rather I find it relieving that there's one less abuser in the world. If that makes me a bad person, I'm cool with that label. Everyone's going to have their own feelings about it and I don't begrudge anyone their own, that's just how I feel.

Yes?

There are too many abusers out there to feel any sort of relief. The solution is not killing em, but jail and education. To solve the problem you need to identify the cause of it: we are living in a sexist violent society that needs to change.tea2

2 hours ago, The One Behind All said:

There are too many abusers out there to feel any sort of relief. The solution is not killing em, but jail and education. To solve the problem you need to identify the cause of it: we are living in a sexist violent society that needs to change.tea2

Nothing I said or feel stands in opposition to any of these points. 

59 minutes ago, Onika said:

And what makes you think that? 

That you say it’s common that victims are defending their abusers which is bullshit ny12 For some time victims remain silent (like X’s girlfriend was even though later she tried to press charges but eventually she stopped doing anything with this case) but later they stand up for themselves - Kesha vs Dr Luke is a great example. Don’t want to make it personal cause it’s not a point of this conversation but I also was for almost 3 years in a toxic relationship and in the beginning I was confused cause I couldn’t comprehend how anyone who says “I love you” and makes you think/feel they do, can abuse others physically/emotionally but later victims realise what’s going on and they do anything to cut ties. Don’t say it’s a Stockholm syndrome or whatever you think it is when you clearly don’t have any idea what are you talking about.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.