Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Honey

Emotional

I personally LOVE this song, but I know it gets a lot of hate in the fandom. So I wanted to take a chance and discuss this song! Why we hate and and why we love it.

Personally i love the dark tone in the instrumental, it’s so powerful. That chorus is also amazing! cry5 

I also know that much of the hate comes from the lyrics but I believe that comes from viewing it the wrong way: this track was most likely made so Kesha could vent a little, let the pain out in just blatant and obvious lyrics. If you look it from that angle, I think it becomes much more listenable. 

What do you guys think about Emotional?

I love the lyrics, they are so personal and raw. The song also sounds good, it just loses me on the production. I still love the song, but the “GOD I’M ONLY HUMAN” at the beginning always ruins it for me. I’d love to see a fan edit of the song, with better production cry7 

But, all in all, I really do love the song!

I find it whiney, but the bridge is very good.

I'm driving back home through the canyon
There's only so much that I can't handle
Nobody knows it, nobody knows it
I've never shown it, I've never shown it
I'm supposed to be the girl that never does this
I'm supposed to be some party girl that stands for nothing

Nobody knows it, nobody knows it
I'm about to lose it, I'm about to lose it

Lines five and six especially.

1 minute ago, Rosé. said:

She's defiantly entitled to vent, but a messy vent isn't nice on the ears.

I guess that’s why it’s a Japan bonus track, isn’t hurting much as an exclusive dead2 

do people really not like the production? I love it it has this mystical vibe that fits in with hymn that gives off a more personal and mellow vibe and the reason its on Japanese is because of the subject matter I'm pretty sure - all of rainbow is about healing and having fun there are no vunreble songs or actually seeing what she went through only the healing and the aftermath/ result. this is the only song where she really goes deep and lets loose on everything and her emotions and I saw a video that commended Kesha for this album not being sappy or her having a breakdown and it being about healing and finding the light so I totally understand why this was left off but the song clearly meant a lot to her had so much meaning and was a important part of her story which was missing throughout the album so she probably put it on Japan so her fans could hear but not affect the gp perception of the album also to boost sales in Japan as 80% of the market is physical IE vinyl and cds and imports are way cheaper there (around 25%) so they add a bonus track there along with stickers and in rainbows case being the only edition with a jewel case so people in Japan don't feel like their missing out by buying the imports which are actually readily available in cd stores and aren't a hard process.  and yes I love digging up old threadsjj2

3 minutes ago, idrk said:

do people really not like the production? I love it it has this mystical vibe that fits in with hymn that gives off a more personal and mellow vibe and the reason its on Japanese is because of the subject matter I'm pretty sure - all of rainbow is about healing and having fun there are no vunreble songs or actually seeing what she went through only the healing and the aftermath/ result. this is the only song where she really goes deep and lets loose on everything and her emotions and I saw a video that commended Kesha for this album not being sappy or her having a breakdown and it being about healing and finding the light so I totally understand why this was left off but the song clearly meant a lot to her had so much meaning and was a important part of her story which was missing throughout the album so she probably put it on Japan so her fans could hear but not affect the gp perception of the album also to boost sales in Japan as 80% of the market is physical IE vinyl and cds and imports are way cheaper there (around 25%) so they add a bonus track there along with stickers and in rainbows case being the only edition with a jewel case so people in Japan don't feel like their missing out by buying the imports which are actually readily available in cd stores and aren't a hard process.  and yes I love digging up old threadsjj2

Love the lyrics because they are so direct and honest, but the production is just not it - very off-putting and boring. I think I have never listened to Emotional more than twice.

2 hours ago, TomTom said:

Love the lyrics because they are so direct and honest, but the production is just not it - very off-putting and boring. I think I have never listened to Emotional more than twice.

I love the second verse sound effects inn the background but I kinda do understand what you mean its quite underproduced but what else did u expect from a outtake in every country apart from Japan to boost sales

5 hours ago, idrk said:

I like the song but the production is kind of iffy. I listened to it a lot when Rainbow came out, but not much since then. I agree with @TomTom though that it sounds underproduced and just not polished. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.