Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Kids have fewer problems when raised by gay parents, says study

31 minutes ago, The One Behind All said:

@Electra Heart.

Sapienza University:

QS Global World Ranking
LMFAO. That university is not even in the top 200 universities in the world. lol2
The scientific prestige of this survey is very low, as is scientific research in Italy. Anyway, I'm aware that there are more valid researches from more prestigious US or UK universities. So I'll get to the point and I will explain you why this survey is useless. trash1
First of all, psychological development in children occurs mainly in the first two years of life. This survey starts at the age of 3 years. The importance of the mother is revealed much earlier. According to attachment theory, the newborn child tends to develop a strong bond of attachment with those who take care of him. The brain development of children (as well as their social, emotional and cognitive development) depends on this attachment relationship with the so called primary caregiver. Usually it's the mom for obvious reason. You attach to your mom's breasts. This contact deeply affects the child's psyche. xtina14 
The children can feel the difference between mom and dad. Maternal love is different from paternal love, because women are biologically and psychologically different from men. Two men cannot breastfeeding for start and they  will never be able to replace a woman. Their children will have two dads, but they will never know what it means to have a mother. A woman who gives birth and becomes a mother, is perhaps more empathetically connected to the child than a man? What do you say?
Furthermore, I'd like to stress that the newborn should be exclusively breastfed in its first six months of life because breast milk protects it from infectious diseases, improves the path of growth and development, and reduces the likelihood of the appearance of chronic diseases. So if you don't receive breast milk then you are weaker from a medical point of view. rav1
That said, let's comeback to the survey.  The age range is up to 11 years. What happens next? Up to 11 years, you spend most of your time at home with your parents, so you are somehow much more protected. But how do these children leave the family nest and have to deal with the outside world?
In addition, what kind of questions they asked? I'm very curious to know if they have asked those kids if they ever felt excluded at school? If they said no, they are liars. At school we always talk about the difference between boys and girls with the other classmates. Also, how can you not feel excluded when you celebrate Mother's Day and you have two dads instead? Or how do you not feel different when studying classical literature, reading about men who marry women and the very different relationship of children with their mother and father? You should revisit all the literature to avoid making them feel excluded. This is more or less what they try to do in Germany where the gender-neutrality ideology is implemented, which seeks to inculcate in the children's head that there is no difference between men and women. In my opinion it is rubbish. mad9
Finally, I'd like to conclude with a general though on the topic. Gays need the help of society to have children: they need to use the sperm of a stranger or they have to resort to human technology. In this sense, human society has every right to ask gays the following question: why should we help you have children? Why do you need to use human technological knowledge to satisfy your personal need? Is being a parent really a fundamental human right? In my opinion, it is not a universal right. Being a parent is not for all human beings. We can not pretend to be parents. I am sure that many people without children would be able to love a child and be good parents, but it is not their right.
Let's think about IVF. It is obvious that without technology would not be possible. I do think that the technological development is part of Nature. But we must always make responsible use of technology so as not to damage nature and other human beings. Not everything that can be done, it must be done. For example, it is possible to clone human beings, but is it worth it? Who would benefit from that? oprah8

It doesn't matter where the research was conducted, but that it was conducted by experts and published in a scientific journal. I'm sure for you, one who studies everything, that's not good enough, but to try and diminish the credibility of a research institution to reaffirm your misguided, scientifically unproven beliefs is pathetic. 

I'm not going to address the second part of your post, because I'm sure it's plagued with ignorant generalizations and unfounded assertions that gay people are somehow unfit to become parents when several psychological and sociological studies have been conducted by researchers and experts to contradict such out-dated "beliefs". 

20 minutes ago, attitude said:

Imagine being so selfish to play mommy and daddy that you adopt a child and put them through years of homophobic bullying in school for having same-sex parents. We would never! sorry1

Children get bullied for a plethora of reasons though. Should we not have children with learning disabilities, diabetes, birth defects etc... just because they could be bullied?

30 minutes ago, attitude said:

Imagine being so selfish to play mommy and daddy that you adopt a child and put them through years of homophobic bullying in school for having same-sex parents. We would never! sorry1

So a parent should throw away a baby if it has Downs Syndrome or any medical complications cuz we don’t want it to be bullied rav1 

So a Muslim parent in the USA shouldn’t have a kid because other kids might bully them for being a “terrorist” or “towel head” rav1 

Asian parents in America I guess better not either because kids might bully them for their eyes rav1 

Little people shouldn’t have kids either because it’s a very high probability their kids will also be little people and be made fun of rav1 

All these straight parents must be incredibly selfish rav1 

You are LITERALLY defending the bullies. You’re saying that if you bring a child into this world that would cause them to be ridiculed, you’re a selfish person. False. Gay or straight, you should unconditionally love your child, no matter how different they may be from “the norm.” How fucking selfish OF YOU to think someone can’t have a kid because of bullies, when the problem isn’t the child for being different, but the parents of the bully for allowing them to have this way of thinking. rav1 

You disgust me.

3 hours ago, attitude said:

Why not ask the children questions instead? The parents shouldn't be the ones giving the answers because they clearly have an agenda to push. 

The children were between the ages of 3-11, so a big portion of them wouldn't have been able to answer a written survey, the youngest ones not even a survey of any kind. Those who were able however, would still need to be accompanied by a legal guardian, which in turn could lead to people saying "maybe their parents told them to answer that way", unless they were individually asked and monitored, which would've taken too much time and manpower compared to the alternative they chose. 

3 hours ago, attitude said:

yup. Very selfish.rih5

Not to mention that the homophobic bullying is just one factor. It is a matter of genetic heredity too. Your eyes colors etc come from your genetic parents. There are studies on twins that suggest that genes may also be responsible for some aspects of the personality.  At one point a kid will wonder who his genetic parents are. Personally, I find it weird to create artificially your kid using the genes of other people and I would not be able to explain it to my kid when he ask me why I did that. I'm honestly puzzled why gays cannot accept the simple truth that kids are supposed to born with a mom and a dad. rih1

2 hours ago, Jae said:

Children get bullied for a plethora of reasons though. Should we not have children with learning disabilities, diabetes, birth defects etc... just because they could be bullied?

You totally missed the point. One thing is to be bullied for who you are (example if you are gay, disabled or got birth defects). This is a type of bullysim many people have to face for a plethora of reasons like you say. But you can defeat this bullysim if you are proud of who you are and don't care what other think of you. Another totally different thing is to get bullied because of who your parents are. This bullysm is much more difficult to handle for a kid imo, In this sense, parents are selfish cuz they don't care about their kids being bullied because of them. sass4

2 hours ago, Kenya said:

It doesn't matter where the research was conducted, but that it was conducted by experts and published in a scientific journal. I'm sure for you, one who studies everything, that's not good enough, but to try and diminish the credibility of a research institution to reaffirm your misguided, scientifically unproven beliefs is pathetic. 

I'm not going to address the second part of your post, because I'm sure it's plagued with ignorant generalizations and unfounded assertions that gay people are somehow unfit to become parents when several psychological and sociological studies have been conducted by researchers and experts to contradict such out-dated "beliefs". 

Uhm do you know what science is? Those kind of scientific papers MUST be criticized in order to science to progress. If we take every scientific paper as the God's word it is not anymore science, but religion. Moreover, I just pointed out that this is not a research coming from Oxford or the UCL, but it is coming from a university with a bad reputation.

On top of that, this survey is a fucking JOKE. Do you expect gay parents to say that they have struggled with parenthood on an online survey? Obviously, the gay parents have interests to say that everything is good. The gay community is powerful and this "scientific researches" are doomed to be biased by political interests.

Finally, online questions...seriously? like don't these professors know the importance of face-to-face questions? When you answer online you can lie much easier. Face expression is everything when answering a question.

To sum up, I think this research's methodology is biased as well as the amount of families taken into account is very small as well as the age gap considered (3-11 years old) is not able to provide a sufficient psychological description of the kids.  xtina5

3 hours ago, Hylia said:

^Can we just ban it lmao

What if I told you that tolerance doesn't mean agreement?

Spoiler

It means agreeing to disagree. rav1

@attitude and @The One Behind All would rather children be stuck and miserable in the foster care system then have two parents that love and WANT them... kylie2 like, do you hate yourself that much? Someone in that debate thread on IVF mentioned feeling so dissociated with the LGBT community, which is exactly how I feel, and honestly it's because (assuming you're both LGBT) of gays like you. You both SPIT on the values that the LGBT community has FOUGHT AND DIED for. Like seriously HOW DARE you side with the people who would rather not acknowledge our existence! My mind is literally so dumbfounded right now....... um3

11 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

@attitude and @The One Behind All would rather children be stuck and miserable in the foster care system then have two parents that love and WANT them... kylie2 like, do you hate yourself that much? Someone in that debate thread on IVF mentioned feeling so dissociated with the LGBT community, which is exactly how I feel, and honestly it's because (assuming you're both LGBT) of gays like you. You both SPIT on the values that the LGBT community has FOUGHT AND DIED for. Like seriously HOW DARE you side with the people who would rather not acknowledge our existence! My mind is literally so dumbfounded right now....... um3

give those kids to lovely heterosexual families instead. There are so many of them! The solution to adoption is to improve the legal procedures for the many heterosexual families out there. kylie2

41 minutes ago, The One Behind All said:

give those kids to lovely heterosexual families instead. There are so many of them! The solution to adoption is to improve the legal procedures for the many heterosexual families out there. kylie2

You literally just said two posts above and I quote: “Youreyes colors etc come from your genetic parents. There are studies on twins that suggest that genes may also be responsible for some aspects of the personality.  At one point a kid will wonder who his genetic parents are.”

Do kids adopted by straight parents not wonder who their biological parents are? Not all of them ever find out. If it’s such a concerning issue for you that an adopted kid MUST know their genetic parents, then how bout dat? rav1 

You literally contradicted yourself kylie2 

On 6/30/2018 at 9:30 PM, The One Behind All said:

You are so fucking insufferable and so fucking ignorant it's not even funny. CHILDREN NEED LOVE YOU DENSE FUCK. It MAKES NO DIFFERENCE whether that be heterosexual parents, homosexual parents, or single parents! Also POINT ME to LGBT parents who have murdered their children or left their newborns in the fucking TRASH. I'll be waiting for an awful long time because IT RARELY if EVER happens. LGBT+ parents need to PLAN to raise a child and WANT to make a child a part of their family. They are WANTED AND LOVED. That's all that fucking matters! Unfortunately for you the research ALL shows that children of LGBT parents are often happier and healthier than kids with heterosexual parents. You pathetically argued in a thread about a gay 10 year old BEING MURDERED BY HIS STEP FATHER that it proves that it's not safe for children of LGBT parents to say that they are children of LGBT parents. Well you're fucking contributing to these degrading attitudes when you're calling them "test tube babies" and "not natural" aren't you? You ARE. And it's pretty fucking disgusting if you're an LGBT person! You're also fucking ignorant if you think animals who are perceived as gay don't raise children ... these two gay penguins in a zoo hatched and raised a baby after it was abandoned by it's heterosexual parents. Kinda sounds like the real world ironically! 

Seriously you are so infuriating, I just don't understand why ANYONE would deny a CHILD two loving parents. Especially if you identify as gay yourself! You're REALLY not that bright are you? Seriously SHUT YOUR MOUTH about issues you have clearly no understanding of.

3PXRDlr.gif

PS, just to piss you off, I needed to post photos of well known of loving LGBT parents.

berkus-1.jpg

tumblr_nslky0KDCH1u0b57vo1_1280.jpg

ricky_martin_kids.png

neil-patrick-harris-600x450.jpg

1 hour ago, The One Behind All said:

yup. Very selfish.rih5

Not to mention that the homophobic bullying is just one factor. It is a matter of genetic heredity too. Your eyes colors etc come from your genetic parents. There are studies on twins that suggest that genes may also be responsible for some aspects of the personality.  At one point a kid will wonder who his genetic parents are. Personally, I find it weird to create artificially your kid using the genes of other people and I would not be able to explain it to my kid when he ask me why I did that. I'm honestly puzzled why gays cannot accept the simple truth that kids are supposed to born with a mom and a dad. rih1

You totally missed the point. One thing is to be bullied for who you are (example if you are gay, disabled or got birth defects). This is a type of bullysim many people have to face for a plethora of reasons like you say. But you can defeat this bullysim if you are proud of who you are and don't care what other think of you. Another totally different thing is to get bullied because of who your parents are. This bullysm is much more difficult to handle for a kid imo, In this sense, parents are selfish cuz they don't care about their kids being bullied because of them. sass4

Uhm do you know what science is? Those kind of scientific papers MUST be criticized in order to science to progress. If we take every scientific paper as the God's word it is not anymore science, but religion. Moreover, I just pointed out that this is not a research coming from Oxford or the UCL, but it is coming from a university with a bad reputation.

On top of that, this survey is a fucking JOKE. Do you expect gay parents to say that they have struggled with parenthood on an online survey? Obviously, the gay parents have interests to say that everything is good. The gay community is powerful and this "scientific researches" are doomed to be biased by political interests.

Finally, online questions...seriously? like don't these professors know the importance of face-to-face questions? When you answer online you can lie much easier. Face expression is everything when answering a question.

To sum up, I think this research's methodology is biased as well as the amount of families taken into account is very small as well as the age gap considered (3-11 years old) is not able to provide a sufficient psychological description of the kids.  xtina5

What if I told you that tolerance doesn't mean agreement?

Hide contents

It means agreeing to disagree. rav1

Fuck your tolerance and fuck your views. You do nothing but stir shit up and bring hate into a community that has already suffered enough from those outside of it. Do not quote me again, do not mention me again, do not think of me again.

22 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

You are so fucking insufferable and so fucking ignorant it's not even funny. CHILDREN NEED LOVE YOU DENSE FUCK. It MAKES NO DIFFERENCE whether that be heterosexual parents, homosexual parents, or single parents! Also POINT ME to LGBT parents who have murdered their children or left their newborns in the fucking TRASH. I'll be waiting for an awful long time because IT RARELY if EVER happens. LGBT+ parents need to PLAN to raise a child and WANT to make a child a part of their family. They are WANTED AND LOVED. That's all that fucking matters! Unfortunately for you the research ALL shows that children of LGBT kids are often happier and healthier than kids with heterosexual parents. You pathetically argued in a thread about a gay 10 year old BEING MURDERED BY HIS STEP FATHER that it proves that it's not safe for children of LGBT parents to say that they are children of LGBT parents. Well you're fucking contributing to these degrading attitudes when you're calling them "test tube babies" and "not natural" aren't you? You ARE. And it's pretty fucking disgusting if you're an LGBT person! You're also fucking ignorant if you think animals who are perceived as gay don't raise children ... these two gay penguins in a zoo hatched and raised a baby after it was abandoned by it's heterosexual parents. Kinda sounds like the real world ironically! 

Seriously you are so infuriating, I just don't understand why ANYONE would deny a CHILD two loving parents. Especially if you identify as gay yourself! You're REALLY not that bright are you? Seriously SHUT YOUR MOUTH about issues you have clearly no understanding of.

3PXRDlr.gif

PS, just to piss you off, I needed to post photos of well known of loving LGBT parents.

berkus-1.jpg

ricky_martin_kids.png

SO. MUCH. SLAYAGE. IN. ONE. POST. gaga11gaga12gaga13 

Also all those families are SO CUTE. Have you seen Neil Patrick Harris and his husband’s Halloween costumes every year? They’re the best. I live for them cry3 

Reading through this thread gave me a fucking rash. I cannot believe we still have to debate whether or not gay couples are capable of raising children, especially with members of our own goddamn community. If you think otherwise — grow up, rethink your life choices, educate yourself and stop spreading ignorance.

That is all. Have a great day!

3 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

I don't side with homophobes and those that want to harm others. The community isn't a monolith and we all have different beliefs on how we should move forward.

2 hours ago, Hylia said:

Fuck your tolerance and fuck your views. You do nothing but stir shit up and bring hate into a community that has already suffered enough from those outside of it. Do not quote me again, do not mention me again, do not think of me again.

Oh wow go off ..something is happening in my pants

oprah-eating-gif-6.gif

11 hours ago, attitude said:

I don't side with homophobes and those that want to harm others. The community isn't a monolith and we all have different beliefs on how we should move forward.

Yes you do.

16 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

You are so fucking insufferable and so fucking ignorant it's not even funny. CHILDREN NEED LOVE YOU DENSE FUCK. It MAKES NO DIFFERENCE whether that be heterosexual parents, homosexual parents, or single parents! Also POINT ME to LGBT parents who have murdered their children or left their newborns in the fucking TRASH. I'll be waiting for an awful long time because IT RARELY if EVER happens. LGBT+ parents need to PLAN to raise a child and WANT to make a child a part of their family. They are WANTED AND LOVED. That's all that fucking matters! Unfortunately for you the research ALL shows that children of LGBT kids are often happier and healthier than kids with heterosexual parents. You pathetically argued in a thread about a gay 10 year old BEING MURDERED BY HIS STEP FATHER that it proves that it's not safe for children of LGBT parents to say that they are children of LGBT parents. Well you're fucking contributing to these degrading attitudes when you're calling them "test tube babies" and "not natural" aren't you? You ARE. And it's pretty fucking disgusting if you're an LGBT person! You're also fucking ignorant if you think animals who are perceived as gay don't raise children ... these two gay penguins in a zoo hatched and raised a baby after it was abandoned by it's heterosexual parents. Kinda sounds like the real world ironically! 

3PXRDlr.gif

berkus-1.jpg

ricky_martin_kids.png

The social conditioning in the Ricky Martin photo dead1 The fact the kid is wearing a LGBT wristband brit10

This study is problematic but so are all social studies... it's impossible to measure the happiness of children and the functioning of families exactly, there's just no methods for that rih14

Still, the staggering mountain of scientific studies about this topic should persuade everyone that there is no objective reason to doubt that same-sex parenting is any different structurally than heterosexual parenting moo6 There's just no evidence whatsoever to back up the claim that kids raised by two gay fathers are off worse just because their parents are gay and not heterosexual.

As much as I appreciate these studies, threads like these show how they will never do much good on a wider social spectrum nicki4 I suggest to simply focus on what these self-loathing gays and heterosexual dogma addicts so proudly proclaim to be their prime concern: the welfare of children. Let's put heterosexuals through the same rigorous screening process as gay couples looking to adopt oprah6 I guarantee you half the heterosexual population wouldn't pass.

Even without these studies, I'd much rather trust a devoted gay couple having confidently and sincerely chosen a role as parent, having been put through screening, than a couple of heterosexual fuck-ups who accidentally had a baby and decided to keep it because, hey, isn't that what people are supposed to do, raise a kid? sha1 If all of those self-hating gays and hating-in-general heterosexuals focused on the welfare of kids so much, truly, they'd focus on a whole lot of other issues. Enough problems in the heterosexual world of parenting, henny. Get to work.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.