Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

Are you here for a rent-a-rapper remix of I Did Something Bad?

I don't really see them going there after End Game flopped, but it's a possibility wendy3 

are you here for a remix a la Bad Blood? wendy3 if so, what rapper should she get? wendy3 Cardi B? wendy3 

Hmm, I heard rumour they are planning a remix of Delicate with a rapper ( although I don't see how can it be sincerely ), but I Did Something Bad can be revamped with a rapper. In that case, Cardi B, does seem likely.

9 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

Hmm, I heard rumour they are planning a remix of Delicate with a rapper ( although I don't see how can it be sincerely ), but I Did Something Bad can be revamped with a rapper. In that case, Cardi B, does seem likely.

omg no way pls oprah5 

Well, thinking about everything regarding single choices this era, this should have been scenario that would actually tell clearer story ( at least the way I see it ).

Look What You Made Me Do can be let as a lead single because it would be very strange to leave that kind of song ( statement of sorts ) as an album track.

...Ready For It? should have been promotional single ( there shouldn't have been sign of Gorgeous and Call It What You Want so far ).

I Did Something Bad would fit as the second single because now we are ready to look further in whole rage drama of hers when she is willing to ironically clarify that she DID bad and now it is ok.

Believe it or not, in my head, Don't Blame Me would serve as third single because it shows some kind of transition between her angst phase and emotional crisis to Delicate ( which actually is the 4th one released as the single ).

So far, we know she prepared us to be shocked as she embraces everything negative said about her ( in much darker tone than what was the case with Blank Space and Shake It Off ) eventually leading to the point when we should "forgive" her and don't judge her since love has made her crazy.

Delicate seems like the returning to the old Taylor ( especially to the 1989 Taylor ) when love/crush for someone has finally replaced bitternes and everything else sour that she felt up to this point. Things are still not completely right as she feels her fragile reputation could ruin this one love interest, but she is willing to overcome that.

From my point of view, Getaway Car should be the 5th official single because this song represents the best of what Taylor has offered us trough her catalogue so far. It also serves as a bridge to the Call It Want You Want ( 6th single, possibly final ), because in Delicate, she is in love ( or so it seems ), but unsure how things will turn out because of the turmoils around her and about her, but reminding herself about two lovers in Getaway Car ( one of them one-night stand ) are not the ones worth staying longer in relationship and the fact that this guy ( Joe ) erases all her worries and truly cares for her, she can finally proclaims that she is happy to run away with him and that he loves her like she is brand new.

With this order of songs, it would feel more certain that she started this era wounded, angry but she is calming down realizing love, fans and other people are still here for her, so she can finally go back to the 2006-2015 self.

Excuse me for being a little bit off topic, but it's because I needed to sort it out in order to actully determine if I Did Somethign Bad can serve as the next single. I think it would have been much better choice sooner in the era than it is now. Huge reason for this is that Delicate has been climbing radio lately and people seem like they miss the old Taylor, so maybe having another dark tune might turn them off. That's the reason I think that Getaway Car is the best choice. That being said, I am fine with everything Taylor and her team decide to do, because I enjoy all of these mentioned songs (:D) and they certainly know what they are doing, at least much better than me.

10 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

Well, thinking about everything regarding single choices this era, this should have been scenario that would actually tell clearer story ( at least the way I see it ).

Look What You Made Me Do can be let as a lead single because it would be very strange to leave that kind of track ( statement of sorts ) as an album track.

...Ready For It? should have been promotional single ( there shouldn't have been sign of Gorgeous and Call It What You Want so far ).

I Did Something Bad would fit as the second single because now we are ready to look further in whole rage drama of hers when she is willing to ironically clarify that she DID bad and now it is ok.

Believe it or not, in my head, Don't Blame Me would serve as third single because it shows some kind of transition between her angst phase and emotional crisis to Delicate ( which actually is the 4th one released as the single ).

So far, we know she prepared us to be shocked as she embraces everything negative said about her ( in much darker tone that what was the case with Blank Space and Shake It Off ) eventually leading to the point when we should "forgive" her and don't judge her since love has made her crazy.

Delicate seems like the returning to the old Taylor ( especially to the 1989 Taylor ) when love/crush for someone has finally replaced bitternes and everything else sour that she felt up to this point. Things are still not completely right as she feels her fragile reputation could ruin this one love interest, but she is willing to overcome that.

From my point of view, Getaway Car should be the 5th official single because this song represents the best of what Taylor has offered us trough her catalogue so far. It also serves as a bridge to the Call It Want You Want, because in Delicate, she is in love ( or so it seems ), but unsure how thing will turn out because of the turmoils around her and about her, but reminding herself about two lovers in Getaway Car ( one of them one-night stand ) are not the ones worth staying longer in relationship and the fact that this guy ( Joe ) erases all her worries and truly cares for her, she can finally proclaims that she is happy to run away with him and that he loves her like she is brand new.

With this order of songs, it would feel more certain that she started this era wounded, angry but she is calming down realizing love, fans and other people are still here for her, so she can finally go back to the 2006-2015 self.

Excuse me for being a little bit off topic, but it's because I needed to sort it out in order to actully determine if I Did Somethign Bad can serve as the next single. I think it would have been much better choice sooner in the era than it is now. Huge reason for this is that Delicate has been climbing radio lately and people seem like they miss the old Taylor, so maybe having another dark tune might turn them off. That's the reason I think that Getaway Car is the best choice. That being said, I am fine with everything Taylor and her team decide to do, because I enjoy all of these mentioned songs (:D) and they certainly know what they are doing, at least much better than me.

omg what a great post sis  yas1  I love that you're including lyrics and storytelling aspects into your single picks and not just their commercial potential oprah3  

36 minutes ago, fab said:

omg what a great post sis  yas1  I love that you're including lyrics and storytelling aspects into your single picks and not just their commercial potential oprah3  

Oh, thank you. hug2

Well, I think that single choices put together troughout an era, that actually are connected somehow and tell concrete story, would actually find their way to listeners and their wallets. :D I mean, Taylor has been doing pretty much what I expected from her so far - she is shifting from dark lairs to the more delighted, yet melancholic sound. So, she actually is telling a story ( promotional singles excluded, because they are the old Taylor, but they were tangled up with Ready For It and Look What You Made Me Do, so they were pretty much left behind early on in the era ). The question is she going to release an official single from second half of the album aka the old Taylor half ( or it is at least alledgedly known as that :D ). If that's the case, Delicate seems like transition point.

14 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

Oh, thank you. hug2

Well, I think that single choices put together troughout an era, that actually are connected somehow and tell concrete story, would actually find their way to listeners and their wallets. :D I mean, Taylor has been doing pretty much what I expected from her so far - she is shifting from dark lairs to the more delighted, yet melancholic sound. So, she actually is telling a story ( promotional singles excluded, because they are the old Taylor, but they were tangled up with Ready For It and Look What You Made Me Do, so they were pretty much left behind eraly on in the era ). The question is she going to release an official single from second half of the album aka the old Taylot half ( or it is at least alledgedly known as that :D ). If that's the case, Delicate seems like transition point.

assuming that her team also thinks like this we can kind of exclude IDSB getting released as single oprah3 

3 minutes ago, fab said:

assuming that her team also thinks like this we can kind of exclude IDSB getting released as single oprah3 

Haha, no need to worry, I am sure that they would find a way around if they really wanted I Did Something Bad to be single, so maybe it will be actually. :D

I was thinking Cardi too but she’s becoming overexposed (ILI, GLY feature, etc) much like Ed was when End Game was pushed (Perfect, other Divide singles still receiving airplay, and then End Game), which ultimately hurt its performance a lot since radio won’t want to spin too many songs including one artist at the same time jj3 

I think they should at least remix it and make the beat less electronic and more trap like with Bad Blood and of course remove the gunshots from the chorus because IDSB doesn’t need to get Die Young’d oprah5 

19 hours ago, Taylor said:

I was thinking Cardi too but she’s becoming overexposed (ILI, GLY feature, etc) much like Ed was when End Game was pushed (Perfect, other Divide singles still receiving airplay, and then End Game), which ultimately hurt its performance a lot since radio won’t want to spin too many songs including one artist at the same time jj3 

I think they should at least remix it and make the beat less electronic and more trap like with Bad Blood and of course remove the gunshots from the chorus because IDSB doesn’t need to get Die Young’d oprah5 

the gunshots sound so snatching cry3  

but you're probably right cry9  if there is a major shooting during its single (which isn't unlikely unfortunately) it would immediately become very problematic to continue playing it on the radio jj4  

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.