Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

New York court rules that Sony has to tell Kesha the names of interviewed persons in internal investigation about Dr. Luke

33 minutes ago, Recycled stardust said:

The affidavits were uploaded on june 29, I'm digging into the court documents, soon I will say what I found

BTW it seems the judge has been officially changed to Jennifer Schecter 

Proof? If so, That’s AWESOME!!

21 minutes ago, Recycled stardust said:
1260  06/18/2018  EXHIBIT(S) Screenshot of posting on Flop of the Pops dated February 1, 2014  037  CHRISTINE LEPERA 

OMG we're in shock1

The screenshot is about this topic:

I don’t get it, can you clarify?

1 hour ago, Recycled stardust said:

Case detail now mentions this new judge, since about the end of may

Hide contents

lBCW6Sm.jpg

Woah!!! That’s HUGE!! How come this wasn’t posted anywhere?

25 minutes ago, Recycled stardust said:

Not sure how it works, it could be temporary or whatever, anyway every document filed during the past month has her name as judge

Let’s hope it’s permanent, as I feel Kesha will have a much fair case now.

The judge could of recused herself from the case.

1 minute ago, Kivo said:

Does anyone know why they are investigating the names like 4 years later? wat3

Not 4 years later. Sony decided to fire Dr. Luke in April 2017 and Kesha's injunction was denied in February 2016, so the investigation has to have taken place in this time span.

Because they are relevant! The information of these people ultimately made Sony decide to fire Dr. Luke, so the overall echo was most likely negative. If the interviewed persons said mostly negative things about Dr. Luke, that influences his position in the defamation lawsuit. 

5 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

Not 4 years later. Sony decided to fire Dr. Luke in April 2017 and Kesha's injunction was denied in February 2016, so the investigation has to have taken place in this time span.

Because they are relevant! The information of these people ultimately made Sony decide to fire Dr. Luke, so the overall echo was most likely negative. If the interviewed persons said mostly negative things about Dr. Luke, that influences his position in the defamation lawsuit. 

I didn’t even know Sony did an internal investigation.

Update: Sony filed a new motion, begging the judge not forcing them to release the names. They disagree with the judge's decision because they are convinced that the interviews do represent legal strategy and now want to prove this.

They stressed that the investigation was launched as a reaction to Kesha's complaints against Sony, so they specifically interviewed people they thought would present evidence against Kesha. However, Kesha's lawyer insist on releasing them and Sony is afraid to do so, which means that they are aware of the fact that the release of the interviews would shed a very bad light and probably have negative consequences for them.

3 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

Update: Sony filed a new motion, begging the judge not forcing them to release the names. They disagree with the judge's decision because they are convinced that the interviews do represent legal strategy and now want to prove this.

They stressed that the investigation was launched as a reaction to Kesha's complaints against Sony, so they specifically interviewed people they thought would present evidence against Kesha. However, Kesha's lawyer insist on releasing them and Sony is afraid to do so, which means that they are aware of the fact that the release of the interviews would shed a very bad light and probably have negative consequences for them.

Knowing Kesha's luck the names won't be released brit12 Sony not wanting to show the names basically is proof they are working against her. 

15 minutes ago, Kivo said:

Knowing Kesha's luck the names won't be released brit12 Sony not wanting to show the names basically is proof they are working against her. 

They have a new judge though, at least it appears that way. So it’ll be fair now, I hope.

I didn’t know you can fight back when you’re ordered to do something by a judge.

1 minute ago, Drake said:

They have a new judge though, at least it appears that way. So it’ll be fair now, I hope.

I didn’t know you can fight back when you’re ordered to do something by a judge.

Neither did I, I bet Korneich or whatever her name was would have sided with Sony. brit12 Let's Pray

1 minute ago, Kivo said:

Neither did I, I bet Korneich or whatever her name was would have sided with Sony. brit12 Let's Pray

She’s married to a Sony lawyer so I wouldn’t be surprised if she did side with Sony.

Jennifer please be fair.  - All Kesha fans 

28 minutes ago, Kivo said:

Not necessarily. There is a new judge and she already ruled that the names have to be released. Sony has to present good arguments if they don't want them to be released and after reading their motion, I don't think they have them.

IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED AND AGREED, by and between the undersigned counsel for Kesha and Sony, and SO ORDERED by the Court, that:

1. The deadline for Kesha to file her Opposition is extended to July 20, 2018.

2. The return date for the Motion is extended to July 23, 2018.

3. Unless subsequently ordered otherwise, the deadline for Sony to identify the interviewees pursuant to the Order is stayed until the later of (a) the date of the Court's ruling on the Motion, or (b) the date Sony files a Notice Of Appeal of the Order.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.