Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

lovechristina

What was it like to experience Christina Aguilera during her earlier era's?

As a younger fan, the closest I can get to experiencing what it was like to witness her during the early 2000s was by reading articles/youtube videos. 
I'm really curious as to what it was like experiencing Christina's debut era and her Stripped era. I know she was controversial, but she was racking up awards and was gaining critical acclaim; listed as the best role model for UK teens and topped Cove's list for best vocalist of 2003, for example. Lot's of people say she ruled Europe during 2003 as well. 

I'd really love to hear your stories as fans who did experience that. Like, her Fighter video was one of a kind... how was that recieved? 

I mean, I was pretty young during the Stripped era too but I remember her being everywhere and hearing the singles everywhere, especially in my house because my mom used to LOVE her. 

I was very young back in the debut and Stripped era... and in Jordan, even though there wasn't social media/internet, but Christina Aguilera was everywhere on radios and magazines like Top of the Pops... and her popularity exploded even more in the Middle East after being one of the first artists to go for a concert in the UAE (Abu Dhabi) during her Back to Basics Live Under Tour.

Until now even though the GP are not aware of her recent music (Bionic - Lotus - Liberation) but she is still more favored above other pop artists; since everyone love her vocals AND Burlesque... some don't even know that she has gained weight mad5

I can remember being 6 or 7 and hearing genie in a bottle on the radio in the car and mishearing the lyrics

i used to think she said I'm a genie in a bottle baby come come come and let meow 

lol it made sense at that age Idk ny5

I Remember the earlys 2000 i was 10 and always being fan of music as all of my family so i seeing MTV since that time, Im from Perú and ofcourse in that time there was no youtube, or spotify or even internet everywhere... but I remember seing her every time on MTV TRL and VH1 and many other music Tv channels, and was awesome! Im a fan of Xtina since 99 same with Britney and Jessica too, those years were the best in music for me. brit2 I remember to read in a news paper the dates of the music videos premieres and go to a public Internet place and opened in Winamp that was so fucking awesome.

here in latin america Mi Reflejo was huge too yoo can hear Xtina singing in spanish in every party, restaurant, shopping center etc and its is very important now beacause you can heard her songs like Falsas Esperanzas and Ven Conmigo in the radio to date everytime.

9 hours ago, bluediamond said:

I can remember being 6 or 7 and hearing genie in a bottle on the radio in the car and mishearing the lyrics

i used to think she said I'm a genie in a bottle baby come come come and let meow 

lol it made sense at that age Idk ny5

oh shit xtina4mad7

9 hours ago, Aleco said:

I Remember the earlys 2000 i was 10 and always being fan of music as all of my family so i seeing MTV since that time, Im from Perú and ofcourse in that time there was no youtube, or spotify or even internet everywhere... but I remember seing her every time on MTV TRL and VH1 and many other music Tv channels, and was awesome! Im a fan of Xtina since 99 same with Britney and Jessica too, those years were the best in music for me. brit2 I remember to read in a news paper the dates of the music videos premieres and go to a public Internet place and opened in Winamp that was so fucking awesome.

here in latin america Mi Reflejo was huge too yoo can hear Xtina singing in spanish in every party, restaurant, shopping center etc and its is very important now beacause you can heard her songs like Falsas Esperanzas and Ven Conmigo in the radio to date everytime.

so she really used to be huge in SAantm1 I know that's been said multiple times but I couldn't believe it because her albums're not certfied in SA except for Stripped which is gold in Brazil&MR certified in many spanish language countries.  

it's prob similar to stanning for beyoke or taylor swift now... everywhere, touring arenas, lots of performances...1999-2007 xtina at ha peak. she wont be able to top those years (at least not with her current work ethics and not a chart chaser mentality). 

Being everywhere: this bish used to sit through award shows, nowadays since 2010, bish will show up for her performance, then goes straight back home dead7 (it's understandable since she prob misses her kids and gives 0 fucks about her popularity)...

Touring:  She used to tour for her fans and promote outside of USA, nowadays since 2010... she promotes from her couch... goes on Billionaire world's tour. 

Visuals: Amazing visuals, but after Bionic, the visuals have gotten worse and worse. 

If you became a fan of hers after 2010, I feel sorry for you, from 2010-2018, this is xtina at her lowest (work ethics, visuals)... or doesn't-give-a-fuck-tina. She hasn't done a single complex choreo since Burlesque. 

Like this is the best example of when XTINA gave a damn about her performance, she had choreo, vocals and LOOKS. nowadays she shows up in sweatpants, doesn't do any single choreo, tired/didn't warm up beforehand vocals etc... -__-

Present day-tina not giving any fucks about performances:

I hope her tour is not like this....  if she not gonna dance, at least have vocals on point dead7

i have to say though, even though 2010-2018 is her career lows... during those years she gave some of my most fav performances, it's like her voice keeps evolving (or maybe she's becoming more true to her singing style)

these are some of my fav post-2010 xtina performances:

i know people say there are a lot of technical issues with her whitney tribute, but honestly, i can't tell since i don't have a technical ear... and when i was streaming it... i just felt what P!NK was feeling... she connected the emotions through and thats what matters more in singing, imo.

I was 12 when she started so I was there for the lot. I’m bought Stripped the day it came out, it was my main album between late 2002 - 2004.

the way her career is now, especially how this “era” has done makes me a bit depressed, I was honestly thinking she was coming back strong but he came back with a whimper then shit herself back up in her mansion.

I am sorry some of you didn’t get to experience Xtina properly between 1999-2007 as it was an amazing time to be a fan.

It was great! I was 16 around the time when she first came out and here, it was all part of the Britney, Backstreet Boys, bubble gum pop phase. Being based in the UK, we got her singles from her debut album but she never toured over here until Stripped. Genie and What a Girl Wants did well in the UK but I Turn To You (which was delayed and barely promoted) and COOB didn't do overly well.

Lady Marmalade was a big hit in the UK and helped her stay moderately relevant for that period.

Stripped was an explosion in terms of the media attention she received. Dirrty was played in all the clubs. The album first peaked in the charts at around number 20 when it was first released, however the growing popularity of Dirry, then subsequent singles, saw the album increase and stick around the top 5/10 for weeks. I was on the front row for her Stripped concert in Sheffield and loved every minute of it. It was very gritty and sweaty and fitting of the image she had back then! I feel like this was the time she truly claimed her own identity separate to Britney.

Back to Basics was big in terms of Aint No Other Man. That was played everywhere. From the Hurt release onwards, her popularity began to dwindle. I once again saw her B2B concert in Sheffield, which was great, however from the pregnancy onwards, people moved onto other artists - Gaga, etc.

6 hours ago, STJ said:

it's prob similar to stanning for beyoke or taylor swift now... everywhere, touring arenas, lots of performances...1999-2007 xtina at ha peak. she wont be able to top those years (at least not with her current work ethics and not a chart chaser mentality). 

Being everywhere: this bish used to sit through award shows, nowadays since 2010, bish will show up for her performance, then goes straight back home dead7 (it's understandable since she prob misses her kids and gives 0 fucks about her popularity)...

Touring:  She used to tour for her fans and promote outside of USA, nowadays since 2010... she promotes from her couch... goes on Billionaire world's tour. 

Visuals: Amazing visuals, but after Bionic, the visuals have gotten worse and worse. 

If you became a fan of hers after 2010, I feel sorry for you, from 2010-2018, this is xtina at her lowest (work ethics, visuals)... or doesn't-give-a-fuck-tina. She hasn't done a single complex choreo since Burlesque. 

Like this is the best example of when XTINA gave a damn about her performance, she had choreo, vocals and LOOKS. nowadays she shows up in sweatpants, doesn't do any single choreo, tired/didn't warm up beforehand vocals etc... -__-

Present day-tina not giving any fucks about performances:

I hope her tour is not like this....  if she not gonna dance, at least have vocals on point dead7

it's really sad that she became sort of artist she's today. there's no excuse for giving no fuck about performances,especially since she performs once or twice a year jj3  I became ha stan in January 2011 and every time I watch her performances from 2002-2007 I'm like "why did that bitch dissapear" rih9 I understand that she's a mom but it doesn't mean that u have to become worse performer,kids usually motivate mothers&give them power dead2 I hope the tour'll make us all shook because otherwise she might lose her most devoted stans. I love her but her performances these days're so hard to watch...she used to slay every performance and now she has like one good performance and 1000 bad ones chi1

29 minutes ago, BackToBasics said:

it's really sad that she became sort of artist she's today. there's no excuse for giving no fuck about performances,especially since she performs once or twice a year jj3  I became ha stan in January 2011 and every time I watch her performances from 2002-2007 I'm like "why did that bitch dissapear" rih9 I understand that she's a mom but it doesn't mean that u have to become worse performer,kids usually motivate mothers&give them power dead2 I hope the tour'll make us all shook because otherwise she might lose her most devoted stans. I love her but her performances these days're so hard to watch...she used to slay every performance and now she has like one good performance and 1000 bad ones chi1

kids, not a chart chaser are all random excuses. the truth is she became lazy and admits to being lazy (i.e. the instagram video searching for maria where she said "become too comfortable in one spot, I have to start over" she meant being on "The voice" for 5 seasons).

my uneducated guess is that matt is one reason she became lazy. When she was with jordan, i think he inspired her to work ha ass off, cuz he also works.  Ever since she met matt, matt  became unemployed and just stayed with her 24/7 since they hooked up in 2011. 

She even admits this on Queen Latifah interview, "I just want to come home and have a man be there for me"... in other word, she forced or persuaded matt to be a stay-at-home unemployed dad. And I think matt isn't as challenging to her as Jordan was since he's happy leeching off of her wealth...

She sounds really good when she only has to sing 1 or 3 songs. But when she has to do a tour setlist (for festivals, billionaires) she often run out of breath, or dodge notes.  I believe this has to do with fitness level, she looks fit and healthy, but she simply doesn't have the stamina for a tour setlist, I just hope she gets her physical level up because nowadays, people will be recording her tour with their phones and post on youtube/insta etc... she will get dragged if she tours without the proper stamina/fitness level. 

i  stayed up all night long waiting for her Music Videos to debut on MTV

i remember watching all her Making the Videos on MTV

staying up at night cos i knew she would performe at the VMAs

or remember her hosting the EMAs cry6 

remember going to B2B tour cry6 what a day cry6

3 minutes ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

i made myself some kind of Altar for my Britney Baby One More Time CD SIngle and my Christina Aguilera Genie in the Bottle, Lady Marmalade CD single eve1

wow and my parents thought im straight eve1

well to be fair, during their debut, even str8 guys were into them jj2

On 7/11/2018 at 4:16 AM, Bionic-Boy-84 said:

It was great! I was 16 around the time when she first came out and here, it was all part of the Britney, Backstreet Boys, bubble gum pop phase. Being based in the UK, we got her singles from her debut album but she never toured over here until Stripped. Genie and What a Girl Wants did well in the UK but I Turn To You (which was delayed and barely promoted) and COOB didn't do overly well.

Lady Marmalade was a big hit in the UK and helped her stay moderately relevant for that period.

Stripped was an explosion in terms of the media attention she received. Dirrty was played in all the clubs. The album first peaked in the charts at around number 20 when it was first released, however the growing popularity of Dirry, then subsequent singles, saw the album increase and stick around the top 5/10 for weeks. I was on the front row for her Stripped concert in Sheffield and loved every minute of it. It was very gritty and sweaty and fitting of the image she had back then! I feel like this was the time she truly claimed her own identity separate to Britney.

Back to Basics was big in terms of Aint No Other Man. That was played everywhere. From the Hurt release onwards, her popularity began to dwindle. I once again saw her B2B concert in Sheffield, which was great, however from the pregnancy onwards, people moved onto other artists - Gaga, etc.

Yeah, I read that Stripped was better received in Europe and that it turned her into a huge phenomenon in the UK. You're so lucky to have gone to her Stripped concert, that's my favorite era. Sometimes I wish she released a transition album between Stripped and B2B during 2004 though. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.