Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

BreatheeOnKnee

why are people praising areola as a feminist?

mainly because of her song "God is a woman" oprah8 It has nothing to do with feminism or anything remotely political, it's just another sex song but this time comparing her to being a god. Are people really trying that hard to make it look like she has substance? oprah8

Because the video proves it. She has been very public about feminism and how she copes with men downgrading women a lot. You can't just say she isn't a feminist lmfao or you're just intentionally a member of the Ariana hate bandwagon that has been going on lately. tehe1 

Buy God Is A Woman on iTunes now, pre-order Sweetener and you'll instantly get 3 exclusive tracks! 

The song has more meaning behind it than just sex. It talks about women feeling comfortable in their sexuality, being who they want to be regardless of what people call them. The video hammers that point in more when a bunch of guys slut shame her, she quite literally breaks the glass ceiling, and rewrites a history that has historically mistreated women by instead praising women and the hardship we have faced as a gender throughout time. Sorry you only looked at the song surface level but if you actually paid attention to the song and it’s accompanying video, you would see the song isn’t just about sex. 

2 minutes ago, Divine said:

The song has more meaning behind it than just sex. It talks about women feeling comfortable in their sexuality, being who they want to be regardless of what people call them. The video hammers that point in more when a bunch of guys slut shame her, she quite literally breaks the glass ceiling, and rewrites a history that has historically mistreated women by instead praising women and the hardship we have faced as a gender throughout time. Sorry you only looked at the song surface level but if you actually paid attention to the song and it’s accompanying video, you would see the song isn’t just about sex. 

7 minutes ago, Luca said:

Because the video proves it. She has been very public about feminism and how she copes with men downgrading women a lot. You can't just say she isn't a feminist lmfao or you're just intentionally a member of the Ariana hate bandwagon that has been going on lately. tehe1 

Buy God Is A Woman on iTunes now, pre-order Sweetener and you'll instantly get 3 exclusive tracks! 

I didn't know the video was out yet jj4 But okay, if she's so against men downgrading women and objectifying women why does she do it to herself? This will always be a mistake and a paradox in modern feminism and why it's considered a joke by many. Your against men objectifying women yet you make it look like all women can offer to the world is sex. 

Nevermind the fact the video it's self is tacky but ok she has some imagery and messages in it, why couldn't she make a song that actually matches with the video? Is it because no one would really listen to it if it didn't sound sexy? Stuff like this only pushes the agenda that women can only be sex objects further. 

6 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

I didn't know the video was out yet jj4 But okay, if she's so against men downgrading women and objectifying women why does she do it to herself? This will always be a mistake and a paradox in modern feminism and why it's considered a joke by many. Your against men objectifying women yet you make it look like all women can offer to the world is sex. 

Nevermind the fact the video it's self is tacky but ok she has some imagery and messages in it, why couldn't she make a song that actually matches with the video? Is it because no one would really listen to it if it didn't sound sexy? Stuff like this only pushes the agenda that women can only be sex objects further. 

Except she doesn't? dead2 

She went to the women march multiple times, has been preaching about female icons like Madonna, Whitney, Malala, etc. Basically based an entire interlude around females & feminism.

If you need more receipts, Google is your friend: https://dose.com/articles/8-ariana-grande-feminist-moments-thatll-make-you-say-yasss/

Just because a woman feels liberated and dares to talk about sex doesn't mean they are sex objects oh my god. fall3 If a man talks about sex, means the man is a sex object as well? No. The double standards need to stop lol. 

8 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

I get what you’re saying but I disagree. Women are looked at as things to have sex with, carry children, and take care of the house. For centuries, women couldn’t wear anything that shows any kind of skin, hell even some cultures today hate it. A woman being proud of her sexuality and showing it off isn’t for the male audience to faun over and it’s not them objectifying themselves, its for the woman to feel proud of herself and her body since women before and even now couldn’t do such a thing without being deemed the town whore. This is what the song and video are trying to get across. “When you try to come for me, I keep on flourishing” and “I can be all the things you tell me not to be” and “He sees the universe when I’m in company, it’s all in me” are lyrics from the song that most get that message across imo.

I heard the song on the radio the other day while I was decorating and I didn't hear the lyrics besides "God Is A Woman" and I thought - wig, what a statement, esp for an American artiste jj2 

But now, having heard the song properly, I'm disappointed that it hardly makes any statement at all. It's basically Love Me Harder (Ballad Version) jj4 

I actually really like it, both song and video. A pretty playful spin on a very controversial topic, so many conversations encapsulated in just one line of lyric - that's what Pop music at its' core is all about.

But yeah, I don't think she's this heroic feminist icon, it's so easy to achieve that status as a female artist these days. She has a long way to go to prove herself as an icon, let alone that. In my books.

3 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

its simple- sex sells

4 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

mainly because of her song "God is a woman" oprah8 It has nothing to do with feminism or anything remotely political, it's just another sex song but this time comparing her to being a god. Are people really trying that hard to make it look like she has substance? oprah8

btw ur fave Madonna, how many songs has she made about sex?  Exactly.

For the same reason madonna's called on. She literally made a bunch of songs like this in her prime and beyond. her career is based on it and now you wanna discredit Ariana for doing it?

ariana constantly and openly promotes feminism and shuts down bigots to their faces meanwhile her peers like demi are just drinking away their sobriety and deleting fatties on twitter

ari is one of the biggest feminist figures right now and y’all will deal 

Her new song is not a feminist song.  She's a white feminist though, I'll give her that at least.

She should've not called that song like that though.  A lot of feminist songs nowadays have a high tendency to flop.  Woman and Flop in Line are just examples. 

On 7/15/2018 at 3:18 PM, Luca said:

Except she doesn't? dead2 

She went to the women march multiple times, has been preaching about female icons like Madonna, Whitney, Malala, etc. Basically based an entire interlude around females & feminism.

If you need more receipts, Google is your friend: https://dose.com/articles/8-ariana-grande-feminist-moments-thatll-make-you-say-yasss/

Just because a woman feels liberated and dares to talk about sex doesn't mean they are sex objects oh my god. fall3 If a man talks about sex, means the man is a sex object as well? No. The double standards need to stop lol. 

Men who talk about nothing but sex are making themselves sex objects too, the difference is no one really cares. Men don't complain about other men being seen as sex objects. Look at Chris Brown, Trey Songz etc. their entire career is built on them making sexy songs for women to enjoy, they're being objectified when that happens. It's only a double standard because women choose to make it an issue when it happens to women(Or, because men don't see it as an issue towards men or women).

On 7/15/2018 at 3:21 PM, Divine said:

I get what you’re saying but I disagree. Women are looked at as things to have sex with, carry children, and take care of the house. For centuries, women couldn’t wear anything that shows any kind of skin, hell even some cultures today hate it. A woman being proud of her sexuality and showing it off isn’t for the male audience to faun over and it’s not them objectifying themselves, its for the woman to feel proud of herself and her body since women before and even now couldn’t do such a thing without being deemed the town whore. This is what the song and video are trying to get across. “When you try to come for me, I keep on flourishing” and “I can be all the things you tell me not to be” and “He sees the universe when I’m in company, it’s all in me” are lyrics from the song that most get that message across imo.

I get that, but at the end of the day men will faun for it and that is the message that'll always show the most. Considering that's REALLY the message she's trying to get out and that she isn't just selling sex like everyone else. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.