Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

H.O.N.E.Y

What annoys u in a song?

An epic build up to an uneventful/nonexistent chorus - Look What You Made Me Do, Focus, Dark Horse, ect. Also, adding some random rapper right before the final chorus instead of having a bridge. It's so overdone at this point lol3

I really hate poor or bad diction in songs. As a non-native English speaker, it makes it more difficult to relate to a song if you can't understand the lyrics to it.

Example? Dance To This. Both verses are just being mumbled by Troye and Ariana and I just cannot enjoy the song. That's why I hate Post Malone too.

And extremely overused falsettos (pre-chorus in Never Be The Same... it makes my ears hurt!)

On 16 July 2018 at 3:18 PM, H.O.N.E.Y said:

Show me examples of songs u like with spelling in it. Cos I'm sure I like it in those songs. The songs I'm talking about do it in a lame lazy way. rav2

Haven't I made it obvious

Haven't I made it clear

Want me to spell it out for ya

F R I N D S

On 20 July 2018 at 5:57 AM, PoisonCandy said:

An epic build up to an uneventful/nonexistent chorus - Look What You Made Me Do, Focus, Dark Horse, ect. Also, adding some random rapper right before the final chorus instead of having a bridge. It's so overdone at this point lol3

lol3 Yes! DH is a bop but it would be an even better bop if it had a proper chorus lol3 

Even worse is when there is no bridge and instead there's a slowed-down version of the chorus, followed by the usual chorus lol3

Or when some random singer sings a few lines for the bridge and is never seen again lol3 See: Moves Like Jagger, We Are Young, Tyrant etc.

when artists hit a high note by basically screAMingGG, like Ke$ha's high note in Praying idk it just sounds like a screech to me and lowkey ruins the song i always have to stop listening before then. 

18 hours ago, Modern Woman said:

Or when some random singer sings a few lines for the bridge and is never seen again lol3 See: Moves Like Jagger, We Are Young, Tyrant etc.

Not exactly the same, but that reminded me of Akon making a looped background noise in The Sweet Escape orangu1

30 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

The only thing that really peeves me off is when they just repeat the chorus with more minimal production rather than having an actual bridge. jj4 

Omg another Ryan Beatty stan? oprah4 

On 7/20/2018 at 12:57 AM, PoisonCandy said:

I was annoyed when Selena Gomez did that for Fetish. She could’ve done something creative or different instead of having a shitty irrelevant rapper on there. Same for Katy Perry with Bon Appetite 

All sound cloud rappers in any song

all the new autotune spanish singers on english songs , it was cute for like a week it's annoying now

shitty rap verses 

a huge buildup then it's shit

6 hours ago, PoisonCandy said:

Not exactly the same, but that reminded me of Akon making a looped background noise in The Sweet Escape orangu1

The woo-hoo, wee-hoo noise? dead7 

On 7/16/2018 at 1:48 PM, Jae said:

Halsey/Julia Michaels-style singing that has somehow become popular 

Honestly this! I mean for those who love it, that's fine. But I really am not a fan at all fall1 

On 7/23/2018 at 6:50 PM, Moonlight said:

I was annoyed when Selena Gomez did that for Fetish. She could’ve done something creative or different instead of having a shitty irrelevant rapper on there. Same for Katy Perry with Bon Appetite 

Influence by Tove Lo is another one. The rap verse in that song is like 15 seconds long laughcry1 So unnecessary.

On 7/23/2018 at 10:03 PM, Modern Woman said:

The woo-hoo, wee-hoo noise? dead7 

Yes dead4

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.