Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Divine

Who is getting the 2018 Video Vanguard Award?

Monsters have been leading a very strong campaign the past several years for Agag to win. Katy Cats want Fadty to win it. No one suspected the acrobatic sis Pink to win last year, so could the VMA's pull another wild card or will they give the gays everything they want?

#StreamGodIsAWoman

I'm rooting for my girls Gaga & Katy. The rest can literally choke as none of them deserve it (yet).

I do however think they will give it to a male artist this year as the vanguard award last year was for a female. But who knows! jj2 

2 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

If Gaga doesn't get it, then they can choke on a cow piss. alex1 Her videos are literally flawless (Million Reasons and Jolene excluded). alex1

I expect you to do a BB version of Dangerous Woman sis lol3 

12 minutes ago, Manel said:

If Gaga doesn't get it her fans will riot and have multiple breakdowns, so... Somebody else will probably get it.

Nah, everyone knows this award is given to whoever has something major to promote. It has lost its meaning. dead4 She will get it eventually.

3 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Nah, everyone knows this award is given to whoever has something major to promote. It has lost its meaning. dead4 She will get it eventually.

Only Pink had something to promote (which was the really random choice). Both Beyoncé and Rihanna got it MONTHS after their albums were released so promotion was kinda pointless. I have a feeling Gaga will get it this year since there's rumours she might be dropping new music soon with the Pop vibe EVERYONE wants from her.

Just now, Manel said:

Only Pink had something to promote (which was the really random choice). Both Beyoncé and Rihanna got it MONTHS after their albums were released so promotion was kinda pointless. I have a feeling Gaga will get it this year since there's rumours she might be dropping new music soon with the Pop vibe EVERYONE wants from her.

That's cool, ig lol3 

If we play fair, she needs one more era with at least 4 videos and 3 of them being top notch high budget lol3 ARTPOP era had only 2 videos and Joanne era had one snatching video, one okay-ish and two DUDS. lol3

1 minute ago, Freaky Prince said:

That's cool, ig lol3 

If we play fair, she needs one more era with at least 4 videos and 3 of them being top notch high budget lol3 ARTPOP era had only 2 videos and Joanne era had one snatching video, one okay-ish and two DUDS. lol3

Well then she's fucked cause I don't see it happening.

brit12

1 minute ago, Manel said:

Well then she's fucked cause I don't see it happening.

brit12

I'm kinda torn between LG6 being another half-assed era and it being another TFM/BTW era (in terms of sound/visuals) moo1 

She knows what her fans want and knows that Joanne was a letdown for most of the fans. Plus, the tour cancellation disappointed many. So, I feel like she's going back to her older sound/image. She is working with electronic producers on this album and teamed up again with her TFM/BTW days stylist. moo1 Also, I feel like she was disappointed that she didn't get a Grammy this year and is pissed and wants to come back BIG moo1 Kii, will the GP care tho? interesting1

2 minutes ago, Emperor Nick said:

It needs to be xtina

I was rooting for the sis, but after she abandoned Liberation 36 hours after its release... um3

They've been giving it to people who are pretty popular at the time of the award. Gaga is an obvious pick, but they'd probably only give it to her if she's in the middle of a promo cycle. Katy also has some well-regarded videos, but again, bad timing since she's almost certainly not gonna have another album out by then.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.