Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Dua Lipa doing the next Bond song

Just now, Freaky Prince said:

Why? Her voice is very suitable for such song.

im just scared of how its gonna sound. They better not add a modern twist to it just cause she's young.

Oh hell to the FUCK no.

Dua gets the Bond song but Lana (who would be more than suitable for this) will never be considered? trash1 

I wish Dumpa Lumpa would fucking disappear. Her music is basic, she has no stage presence or anything remotely interesting about her.

Oh wow, she is so completely wrong for this role. At least you could make the argument that Sam Smith's voice is kinda soulful, but Dua literally got famous off about the most pop music imaginable. I'm fully expecting a repeat of Die Another Day that gets savaged by the critics. dead2 

34 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Ivy Levan is the most suitable for this xx

She would be if people knew who the fuck she is. xx

7 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Oh wow, she is so completely wrong for this role. At least you could make the argument that Sam Smith's voice is kinda soulful, but Dua literally got famous off about the most pop music imaginable. I'm fully expecting a repeat of Die Another Day that gets savaged by the critics. dead2 

Which was an extraordinary Bond song at least. oprah14 The critics were just surprised they didn't serve the same old cookie-cutter/Jazzy Bond ballad.

45 minutes ago, Ursula said:

Oh hell to the FUCK no.

Dua gets the Bond song but Lana (who would be more than suitable for this) will never be considered? trash1 

I wish Dumpa Lumpa would fucking disappear. Her music is basic, she has no stage presence or anything remotely interesting about her.

Her voice is unique, she serves quality bops, she has strong and empowerment lyrics, nice aesthetics etc. Pop girls will kill for songs like New Rules.

trash1

I love Dua but much like Madonna and others in the past she is just jumping on the Bond bandwagon just because the franchise is popular, even though she knows she is not right for it. 

Adele, Shirley Bassey, Paul McCartney, Gladys Knight, Tina Turner, Carly Simon, Nancy Sinatra... they had the best Bond songs by far. 

48 minutes ago, Ursula said:

Oh hell to the FUCK no.

I dont agree with the last line but yes the choice of Lana is even better. She'd make a great one, i just know it.

4 minutes ago, Anna Wintour said:

I love Dua but much like Madonna and others in the past she is just jumping on the Bond bandwagon just because the franchise is popular, even though she knows she is not right for it. 

Adele, Shirley Bassey, Paul McCartney, Gladys Knight, Tina Turner, Carly Simon, Nancy Sinatra... they had the best Bond songs by far. 

Whew Tina, Shirley= wigs giveup1

5 minutes ago, Ursula said:

Which was an extraordinary Bond song at least. oprah14 The critics were just surprised they didn't serve the same old cookie-cutter/Jazzy Bond ballad.

Ehhh, it was a great song, but I don't think it was a great Bond song. You do kinda need to follow the established formula and she strayed from it a tad too much. Since then, they've been making picks that are really safe and known for being soulful (i.e. Alicia Keys, Sam Smith, Adele), so this one is more than a little bit of a headscratcher.

2 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

Lana deserves to do it already. Doing a Bond song is a big deal. I love Dua but she's not established enough to deserve to do it sns

But even some of the most successful and 'established' artists who have done a Bond song have made themselves a laughing stock and are regarded as some of the worst. 

Dua's will undoubtably be better than Die Another Day, Another Way to Die, Writings on the Wall etc. 

11 minutes ago, Ursula said:

She would be if people knew who the fuck she is. xx

Madonna did go out of the box but in my opinon it did not do her good this time. Die Another Day was an effort at most.

25 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Ehhh, it was a great song, but I don't think it was a great Bond song. You do kinda need to follow the established formula and she strayed from it a tad too much. Since then, they've been making picks that are really safe and known for being soulful (i.e. Alicia Keys, Sam Smith, Adele), so this one is more than a little bit of a headscratcher.

I mean yeah I agree that it was strange for the franchise but you know...that's Madonna. That's what she's popular for. I'm interested in hearing what the original song her and Mirwais did for the Bond movie, "Can't You See My Mind?" sounds like. It's a ballad apparently.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.