Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

secret

Glory feels empty

don't get me wrong i love the album it just feels empty 

it's ironic since i think it's the longest one (i think) but i don't know , the songs even tho they're bops and are amazing feel a bit filler 

like for example in the zone , blackout & circus had songs that stood out and are still remembered and the tracklist felt different and unique 

you had songs like hot as ice & why should i be sad on the same album it was all a mix of different types of songs

glory just feels a bit boring now i still like it but it doesn't have the same replay value her other albums have 

the only real change in the album is if im dancing tbh

even Britney Jean has different and more interesting songs like you can go from Alien & Perfume which are nice ballads to work out-ish bops like tik tik boom & work bitch

i hope B10 is much more unique 

Let's be honest, eveyone hyped it so much that you couldn't tell that this album is not her Holy Trinity ew2 

It have some flaws

Also, I don't enjoy it as much as OIDIA, Britney, ITZ, Blackout. Heck, even FF jj2 

It's album about nothing, only dance songs about men, sex and something about like that

FUCKING FIGHT ME, BRITNEY STANS! meg1 

I DONT SAY THAT IT SUCKED, BUT STOP PRETENDING LIKE YOU REALLY LOVE THIS ALBUM meg1 

Yeah @Brinty @Aleco @Violet I fucking said that! Deal with it! meg1 

Just now, Moonflower said:

did i just see BJ praise in that paragraph? Brinty is cancelled.

Bitch, let's say that this album isn't bad as it sounds. It still have some bops like in her discography, the whole concept really sucked and promo was awful.

#StopHatingBJ

7 minutes ago, Brinty said:

don't get me wrong i love the album it just feels empty 

it's ironic since i think it's the longest one (i think) but i don't know , the songs even tho they're bops and are amazing feel a bit filler 

like for example in the zone , blackout & circus had songs that stood out and are still remembered and the tracklist felt different and unique 

you had songs like hot as ice & why should i be sad on the same album it was all a mix of different types of songs

glory just feels a bit boring now i still like it but it doesn't have the same replay value her other albums have 

the only real change in the album is if im dancing tbh

even Britney Jean has different and more interesting songs like you can go from Alien & Perfume which are nice ballads to work out-ish bops like tik tik boom & work bitch

i hope B10 is much more unique 

And to this post.

I can't fucking agree with u. IID fucking sucked jj4 

Also also, B10 should be unique or it will be like Circus with filler songs jj4 

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way too. When it came out in 2016 I loved every track from it (except Private Show, Invitation and Hard to Forget Ya), but now I hardly even listen to it in full. I just listen to Just Luv Me, Slumber Party, Do You Wanna Come Over?, Love Me Down and Change Your Mind.

There’s a lot of variation though um2 

Liar? um2 

Man on the Moon? um2 

If I’m Dancing? um2 

Slumber Party? um2 

Change Your Mind? um2 

Coupure Electrique? um2 

They are all so different in terms of style...I don’t understand how you can claim it’s all boring when it’s literally the most diverse album she’s produced. 

Btw Hot as Ice and Why should I Be Sad sound very similar for an uptempo and a ballad xtina2 not sure what your ears are doing sis but... xtina2 

51 minutes ago, Vesper said:

They are all so different in terms of style...I don’t understand how you can claim it’s all boring when it’s literally the most diverse album she’s produced.

tumblr_mxoh8kKOwT1rqekzuo1_400.gif

Honey... In the Zone begs to differ. lol3

2 hours ago, Mr. "Legend" Gorgeous said:

Also also, B10 should be unique or it will be like Circus with filler songs jj4 

Circus is the only album with good filler songs imo 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

There’s a lot of variation though um2 

Liar? um2 

Man on the Moon? um2 

If I’m Dancing? um2 

Slumber Party? um2 

Change Your Mind? um2 

Coupure Electrique? um2 

The thing is they’re all just about sex & dance which yes is basically most of Britney’s discography but the other albums had a good balance like for example ITZ

heartbreak:

everytime & shadow 

dance/empowerment:

brave new girl , outrageous , me against the music & I got that boom boom 

Sex/love:

early mornin , the hookup , toxic , breathe on me , touch of my hand   

And what ever the fuck showdown is

nothing on glory really is memorable like gimme more , womanizer , breathe on me etc it was a very lackluster era imo with wasted potential 

I don't agree with you, if you want to name an album that sounds the same on almost every song, that's femme fatale (which i love so much rav3

1 hour ago, Brinty said:

The thing is they’re all just about sex & dance which yes is basically most of Britney’s discography but the other albums had a good balance like for example ITZ

heartbreak:

everytime & shadow 

dance/empowerment:

Sex/love:

nothing on glory really is memorable like gimme more , womanizer , breathe on me etc it was a very lackluster era imo with wasted potential 

Glory:

heartbreak?:

Just Like Me, Liar

dance:

Do You Wanna Come Over, Clumsy ( yas2 ) Love Me Down,  Hard To Forget Ya, If I'm Dancing, Better

Sex/Love:

Make Me, Man On the Moon, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party, Change Your Mind, Mood Ring

And I'd separate Private Show, Invitation, What You Need and Coupure Électrique, on What You Need she's serving vocals in a different way rav3, Invitation and Coupure Électrique are lowkey love but not fully, like, something different from everything she has done, and Private show is not at all a dance song, sexy, but it's more R&B

I can see the balance rav3 

and about Womanizer/Gimme More they are memorable because they are bops that's true demi1 but also for the hype, when you get introduced to britney it's probably for one of these songs (Or Toxic, or BOMT) because let's be honest, there are better songs than womanizer or probably gimme more (by britney) maybe she needed more promo? jj2 I think Liar as a first single with a killer video, then Man On The Moon, Slumber Party and Do You Wanna Come Over or Better as official singles would make the era more memorable rav3 

1 hour ago, Brinty said:

heartbreak:

everytime & shadow 

dance/empowerment:

Sex/love:

Completely disagree clap1 

Like @Jose pointed out, Glory touches just as many categories. You’re being reductive on the themes of Glory just because you don’t like the songs as much. nat1

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Like @Jose pointed out, Glory touches just as many categories. You’re being reductive on the themes of Glory just because you don’t like the songs as much. nat1

I'm glad you stan talent sis rav3 

5 hours ago, Mr. "Legend" Gorgeous said:

It's album about nothing, only dance songs about men, sex and something about like that

It's a Britney album I don't expect it to have deep songs, that's not why I listen to Britney. By the way, the whole blackout album is about sex except for 2 songs but we still love it um2

1 hour ago, Jose said:

I don't agree with you, if you want to name an album that sounds the same on almost every song, that's femme fatale (which i love so much rav3

Glory:

heartbreak?:

Just Like Me, Liar

dance:

Do You Wanna Come Over, Clumsy ( yas2 ) Love Me Down,  Hard To Forget Ya, If I'm Dancing, Better

Sex/Love:

Make Me, Man On the Moon, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party, Change Your Mind, Mood Ring

And I'd separate Private Show, Invitation, What You Need and Coupure Électrique, on What You Need she's serving vocals in a different way rav3, Invitation and Coupure Électrique are lowkey love but not fully, like, something different from everything she has done, and Private show is not at all a dance song, sexy, but it's more R&B

I can see the balance rav3 

and about Womanizer/Gimme More they are memorable because they are bops that's true demi1 but also for the hype, when you get introduced to britney it's probably for one of these songs (Or Toxic, or BOMT) because let's be honest, there are better songs than womanizer or probably gimme more (by britney) maybe she needed more promo? jj2 I think Liar as a first single with a killer video, then Man On The Moon, Slumber Party and Do You Wanna Come Over or Better as official singles would make the era more memorable rav3 

Tbh id make the set list more like this

Glory:

heartbreak?:

Just Like Me

dance:

Clumsy ( yas2 ) Love Me Down,  Hard To Forget Ya, If I'm Dancing, Liar

Sex/Love:

Make Me, Man On the Moon, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party, Change Your Mind, Mood Ring,Do You Wanna Come Over,Better

imo the only songs that really stand out are private show , CYM , Dwyco & if I’m dancing 

CE could’ve had potential to be a good song but she did it in a really bad French accent instead I loved the instrumental 

The thing is I don’t hate the album it’s in my top 3 faves it just feels empty and forgettable it just feels like britney isn’t there more so than femme fatale which is saying a lot maybe cuz her baby voice isn’t really there I’m not sure 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I actually really love all of them they just aren’t that memorable and just don’t feel like a britney song some songs sound really similar like private show & what you need as well as better & LMD

34 minutes ago, Violet said:

By the way, the whole blackout album is about sex except for 2 songs but we still love it um2

Blackout did sex perfectly tho all if not most of the songs sounded completely different and had a unique feel & sound to them

btw y’all I swear I’m not hating britney or glory I love ha and glory I’m just a bit disappointed that glory is kinda forgettable 

57 minutes ago, Brinty said:

I actually really love all of them they just aren’t that memorable and just don’t feel like a britney song some songs sound really similar like private show & what you need as well as better & LMD

Blackout did sex perfectly tho all if not most of the songs sounded completely different and had a unique feel & sound to them

btw y’all I swear I’m not hating britney or glory I love ha and glory I’m just a bit disappointed that glory is kinda forgettable 

No you’re just wrong nat2 

blackout a a lot of the songs are FIRE but they sound SUPER SIMILAR in tone and style. It’s a cohesive album with the same dark, urban electro vibe going throughout.

Girl I swear I don’t understand if you’re listening to the same album as the rest of the world not brit4 

1 hour ago, Brinty said:

Tbh id make the set list more like this

Glory:

heartbreak?:

Just Like Me

dance:

Clumsy ( yas2 ) Love Me Down,  Hard To Forget Ya, If I'm Dancing, Liar

Sex/Love:

Make Me, Man On the Moon, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party, Change Your Mind, Mood Ring,Do You Wanna Come Over,Better

imo the only songs that really stand out are private show , CYM , Dwyco & if I’m dancing 

CE could’ve had potential to be a good song but she did it in a really bad French accent instead I loved the instrumental 

The thing is I don’t hate the album it’s in my top 3 faves it just feels empty and forgettable it just feels like britney isn’t there more so than femme fatale which is saying a lot maybe cuz her baby voice isn’t really there I’m not sure 

HOW IN THE WORLD IS LIAR A DANCE TRACK?! fall2 

Listen to the lyrics sis! fall1 

It’s about empowerment against a lying cheating ex.

and Man on the Moon is about longing for your lover who’s away... I don’t know how you can even put that in the same category as Do You Wanna Come Over which is about tinder / one night stands...

are you purposefully trolling us right now? xtina2 

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

HOW IN THE WORLD IS LIAR A DANCE TRACK?! fall2 

Listen to the lyrics sis! fall1 

It’s about empowerment against a lying cheating ex.

and Man on the Moon is about longing for your lover who’s away... I don’t know how you can even put that in the same category as Do You Wanna Come Over which is about tinder / one night stands...

are you purposefully trolling us right now? xtina2 

Liar is more of a fuck you dance track it’s very upbeat and empowering 

and man on the moon is about love 

dywco is about sex gaycat1

sex/love ^ 

there might be a hint of trolling but I really do feel glory could’ve been better

2 hours ago, Brinty said:

Liar is more of a fuck you dance track it’s very upbeat and empowering 

and man on the moon is about love 

dywco is about sex gaycat1

sex/love ^ 

there might be a hint of trolling but I really do feel glory could’ve been better

Ok you’re mixing up the sound of the track versus what the track is about oprah13

Stick to one criteria sis oprah13 

and if you want to bundle love/sex together even though they are very different, then:

love/sex: Toxic, Showdown, The Hook Up, Touch of My Hand, Breathe On Me, Early Mornin, Dont Hang up, The Answer, I’ve Got That Boom Boom... oprah14

Aka almost all of ITZ minus MATM, Everytime, Shadow, Brave New Girl and Outrageous.

Whereas Glory has Liar, What You Need, If I’m Dancing, Just Like Me.

not so far off oprah14

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.