Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Phoebe

Albums that ended up surprising you in a positive way

What albums did you expect to be worse than hell, but you ended up being surprised that they are actually good? kr72gi0.png

For me:

• Madonna - Rebel Heart: when I heard Living For Love for the first time I didn't like the song at all + the leaks for Holy Water, Wash All Over Me... were utter shite and I thought it'd be another Hard Candy or MDNA mess. But no, when the album came out I was impressed by it. I still don't like Living For Love tho (the fact that she/her team chose it to be the first single is way beyond me lol3). Top 5 from that album: Iconic, Messiah, Rebel Heart, HeartBreakCity, Ghosttown.
  • Michael Jackson - Dangerous: when I first started to get into MJ (in 2014 I think), I started from Off the Wall -> Thriller -> Bad. Off the Wall and Thriller were great, but Bad was pure filler (except the singles) from start to end. But after listening to Dangerous, I was left wigless. His best album. He did THAT btw! Normally, I wasn't a big fan of new jack swing but this album proved me wrong. Top 5: Who Is It, Give Into Me, In the Closet, Jam, She Drives Me Wild.
  • Mariah Carey - E=MC²My first impression of Mariah was that she was a ballad singer only. But a few days ago, I decided to listen to some of her music and I chose Rainbow (lol3 couldn't have picked a worse album btw). But then I went on YT and decided to give Touch My Body a try. And the good sis was a whole bawp so I said let's give this album some streams. Bitch, I did not expect that at all. Pop, R&B, disco, hip hop... mess1 (and some ballads here and there btw jj3). But the album as a whole snatched me. A 8.6/10. alex1 Top 5: Migrate, Touch My Body, I'm That Chick, Side Effects, I'll Be Loving U Long Time. mess1

Share yours sistrens. jj2

Rainbow is like... 10x better than E=MySecondWorstAlbum but anyway... lol3

Tell Me You Love Me is something that comes to mind. Demi has never had an album with more than like 4 good songs so to release an album that is almost all quality I was a bit surprised. lol3 

22 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

Tell Me You Love Me is something that comes to mind. Demi has never had an album with more than like 4 good songs so to release an album that is almost all quality I was a bit surprised. lol3 

This tbh.

Ultraviolence

I remember I downloaded Born To Die at some stage, but I really didn't like it so it was deleted after a month. When UV came out, some weird force came over me and I was like "you know what, I'll give it a go." It ended up being one of the best albums I've ever heard, so yeah, I was surprised! jj2

40 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

What albums did you expect to be worse than hell, but you ended up being surprised that they are actually good? kr72gi0.png

For me:

• Madonna - Rebel Heart: when I heard Living For Love for the first time I didn't like the song at all + the leaks for Holy Water, Wash All Over Me... were utter shite and I thought it'd be another Hard Candy or MDNA mess. But no, when the album came out I was impressed by it. I still don't like Living For Love tho (the fact that she/her team chose it to be the first single is way beyond me lol3). Top 5 from that album: Iconic, Messiah, Rebel Heart, HeartBreakCity, Ghosttown.

Messiah is her worst ballad and most try-hard moment ever. Rebel Fart (song) sounds underdeveloped. Living for God is the best lead single they could have chosen from this album.

oFcxEps.gif

40 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

For me:

• Michael Jackson - Dangerous: when I first started to get into MJ (in 2014 I think), I started from Off the Wall -> Thriller -> Bad. Off the Wall and Thriller were great, but Bad was pure filler (except the singles) from start to end. But after listening to Dangerous, I was left wigless. His best album. He did THAT btw! Normally, I wasn't a big fan of new jack swing but this album proved me wrong. Top 5: Who Is It, Give Into Me, In the Closet, Jam, She Drives Me Wild.

Share yours sistrens. jj2

I mean duh...the album has 11 songs and 9 (almost 10) were released as singles.

oFcxEps.gif

34 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

What in the...even i as a Moo hater can tell that Rainbow is like...one of her worst albums.

oFcxEps.gif

1 minute ago, Ursula said:

Messiah is her worst ballad and most try-hard moment ever. Rebel Fart (song) sounds underdeveloped. Living for God is the best lead single they could have chosen from this album.

oFcxEps.gif

You take all of that back or there'll be some serious consequences.

oFcxEps.gif

2 minutes ago, Ursula said:

I mean duh...the album has 11 songs and 9 (almost 10) were released as singles.

oFcxEps.gif

When I mean singles, I only count the 5 #1s + Smooth Criminal. The others can choke on a micropenis.

oFcxEps.gif

13 hours ago, Mr. "Legend" Gorgeous said:

I'd give a Stripped go. I wasn't dissapointed tbh. Walk Away, The Voice Within and Cruz snatched me! cry6 

That album is one of the most perfect albums ever recorded. Dirrty, Can't Hold Us Down, Fighter, Infatuation, Loving Me 4 Me, Beautiful, Slay Mine, Slay Yours, I'm OK...

oFcxEps.gif

the singles leading up to CHVRCHES' Love Is Dead's release ranged from bad to generally misleading, but the album wound up being really good and fun imo and even the singles have grown on me in the context of the album jj2 

44 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

The first statement made me want to downvote your post, but that second one saved you a bit, so I guess I'll let it slide this time. 

oFcxEps.gif

9 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

You take all of that back or there'll be some serious consequences.

oFcxEps.gif

There will be no Living for Slayage slander in my presence. Messiah is and has always been a filler. Its inclusion on RHT was a disgrace.

oFcxEps.gif

9 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

When I mean singles, I only count the 5 #1s + Smooth Criminal. The others can choke on a micropenis.

oFcxEps.gif

Leave Me Alone and Liberian Girl are both fantastic songs. The latter has one of the most unique productions of its time and has been sampled in the following bops:

oFcxEps.gif

2 minutes ago, Ursula said:

There will be no Living for Slayage slander in my presence. Messiah is and has always been a filler. Its inclusion on RHT was a disgrace.

oFcxEps.gif

Turn on your fucking location right now. We have some punches words to exchange.

oFcxEps.gif

Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto

Ellie Goulding - any (?) album can fit criteria

Erasure - The Innocents

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

OneRepublic - Native

Paramore - After Laughter

The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow, The Queen Is Dead

Tove Lo - any album can fit criteria

52 minutes ago, Ursula said:

What in the...even i as a Moo hater can tell that Rainbow is like...one of her worst albums.

oFcxEps.gif

I'm not acting like Rainbow is the opus of her discography by any means but E=MC sucks ass.

oFcxEps.gif

8 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

I'm not acting like Rainbow is the opus of her discography by any means but E=MC sucks ass.

oFcxEps.gif

Lack of taste jumped the fuck out

oFcxEps.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.