Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

What was the best pop diva era of the 00s?

Best pop diva era of the 2000s  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Best pop diva era of the 2000s

• Christina Aguilera "Stripped" (2002)
    • Britney Spears "In The Zone" (2003)
    • Rihanna "Good Girl Gone Bad" (2007)
    • Beyonce "I Am...Sasha Fierce" (2008)
    • Lady Gaga "The Fame" (2009)

4 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

How was ITZ “close” but “Stripped” wasn’t, when Stripped had 5 big singles, and bigger album sales ? All ITZ had was Toxic, while Stripped had much more than that. Take a seat ny14 

You will literally jump down anyone's throats if they don't applaud Stripped. You take a seat dead2 It was relatively big, but Britney was bigger than her and was throughout that time. ITZ was basically Britney's last big moment before her more depressing publicity. ITZ had more than Toxic outside the states. Stripped was a successful era, yes. But not on the same level as some of the others.

6 hours ago, Agugaga said:

I would rank it second behind "Stripped". 

Something about that Xtina album just gave the overall package. From iconic videos, to having a message that still remains relevant today, etc. Gaga's era was colorful and amazing and refreshing...but she was pretty much sipping on the same color kool-aid. "Stripped" was just more diverse and well rounded. 

Looks like The Fame won tho 

34 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

How was ITZ “close” but “Stripped” wasn’t, when Stripped had 5 big singles, and bigger album sales ? All ITZ had was Toxic, while Stripped had much more than that. Take a seat ny14 

What if I said all Stripped had was Beautiful? oprah14 

You rule out MATM and Everytime as “big singles” yet include Dirrty and The Voice Within as “big singles” even tho they peaked at #48 and #33. MATM was #35 and Everytime was #15 so you have to include them as “big singles” if you’re going to do it for your fave. brit3 

Everytime Literally outpeaked 3 of Stripped’s “big singles”... brit3 

Definition of biased and delusional brit3 

41 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

What if I said all Stripped had was Beautiful? oprah14 

You rule out MATM and Everytime as “big singles” yet include Dirrty and The Voice Within as “big singles” even tho they peaked at #48 and #33. MATM was #35 and Everytime was #15 so you have to include them as “big singles” if you’re going to do it for your fave. brit3 

Everytime Literally outpeaked 3 of Stripped’s “big singles”... brit3 

Definition of biased and delusional brit3 

I was talking about worldwide not just the US oprah14 

Stripped had 5 top ten singles on the Global charts oprah14 

And thanks for reminding everyone about how “The Voice Within,” a 5th single, outpeaked “Me Against The Music,” a 1st single featuring Madonna. Yet supposedly Britney “was bigger” than Xtina during this time period according to y’all right? oprah14 

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

I was talking about worldwide not just the US oprah14 

Stripped had 5 top ten singles on the Global charts oprah14 

And thanks for reminding everyone about how “The Voice Within,” a 5th single, outpeaked “Me Against The Music,” a 1st single featuring Madonna. Yet supposedly Britney “was bigger” than Xtina during this time period according to y’all right? oprah14 

Maybe I need to remind you your first single peaked at #48 & Brit’s first single outpeaked it. Your backwards and deluded logic. oprah14 

Britney WAS bigger. As I proved in that other thread you ran away from like a chicken, Britney was crowned Most Searched person in the entire world in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008. Xtina? Never. So try me. nat1 

23 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Maybe I need to remind you your first single peaked at #48 & Brit’s first single outpeaked it. Your backwards and deluded logic. oprah14 

Britney WAS bigger. As I proved in that other thread you ran away from like a chicken, Britney was crowned Most Searched person in the entire world in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008. Xtina? Never. So try me. nat1 

So why didn’t her albums sell more than Xtina’s from 2002-2007? nat1 

“Dirrty” peaked at #48 in the US in fall of 2002, but was successful everywhere else. Me Against The Music didn’t even come out til a year later, when The Voice Within was the single off “Stripped” so ya oprah14 

Its PATHETIC that you can’t admit that “Stripped” was more successful than ITZ. Suddenly the topic becomes about measuring “google searches.” You truly are a nitwit. oprah14 

19 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

“Dirrty” peaked at #48 in the US in fall of 2002, but was successful everywhere else. Me Against The Music didn’t even come out til a year later, when The Voice Within was the single off “Stripped” so ya oprah14 

Its PATHETIC that you can’t admit that “Stripped” was more successful than ITZ. Suddenly the topic becomes about measuring “google searches.” You truly are a nitwit. oprah14 

Shouldn’t you be more worried about Liberation selling 15 copies a week? Britney has outsold Xtina overall, fact. A fact you know very well. nat1 

MATM peaked in the Top 5 of multiple countries, so if you can use that excuse for Dirrty, well I’ll play dirrty.mp3 too. nat1 

Omg, you are special. You talk about popularity. Being the most searched celebrity in the entire world is the literal highest form of popularity that can be measured. But continue lacking common fucking sense and living in your delusional bubble. nat1 

And just so you know, I voted for The Fame. Stripped loses to that album in every way and that’s not even a debate. nat1 

7 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Shouldn’t you be more worried about Liberation selling 15 copies a week? Britney has outsold Xtina overall, fact. A fact you know very well. nat1 

MATM peaked in the Top 5 of multiple countries, so if you can use that excuse for Dirrty, well I’ll play dirrty.mp3 too. nat1 

Omg, you are special. You talk about popularity. Being the most searched celebrity in the entire world is the literal highest form of popularity that can be measured. But continue lacking common fucking sense and living in your delusional bubble. nat1 

Right. Because “most searched celebrity” means success right? Case in point her being most searched in 2007, yet “Blackout” bombed.  oprah14 

And once again you continue to avoid the question, why did Xtina’s 5th single do better than a Britney/Madonna collabo?

5 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Right. Because “most searched celebrity” means success right? Case in point her being most searched in 2007, yet “Blackout” bombed.  oprah14 

And once again you continue to avoid the question, why did Xtina’s 5th single do better than a Britney/Madonna collabo?

You argued Xtina was more popular or “bigger” in this thread and the other one from a few days ago. I gave you receipts how you’re wrong. Being the most popular doesn’t equal success. So no, I never stated it equaled success. I’m just proving you wrong that Xtina was not more popular. Britney was and always will be the most remembered of the two. Fact. nat1 

I literally don’t know what you’re trying to prove with the 5th single garbage? The single did well in every country but America, similar to Dirrty. So your point? nicki1 

Explain to me how Slumber Party outpeaked your precious hyped up Fall In Line while you’re at it lol2 

13 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

You will literally jump down anyone's throats if they don't applaud Stripped. You take a seat dead2 It was relatively big, but Britney was bigger than her and was throughout that time. ITZ was basically Britney's last big moment before her more depressing publicity. ITZ had more than Toxic outside the states. Stripped was a successful era, yes. But not on the same level as some of the others.

I agree with the first point of your post, but the rest? no oprah14

Stripped outsold In The Zone, and had two legendary singles Beautiful and Dirrty, while ITZ had Toxic oprah14 

Xtina was also Billboards' Top Female Artist in 2003, and Britney' wasn't oprah14 

11 hours ago, Agugaga said:

I thought this wasn’t about success? oprah14

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I thought this wasn’t about success? oprah14

It’s not. But success is still just one factor. The other factors being impact, influence, etc. Which brings me to an interesting observation with Britney fans. They want to tout that “Britney sold X amount of albums than Xtina,” but when it comes to comparing the impact and relevancy of “Stripped” and “In The Zone,” suddenly it no longer becomes about sales? Go figure. oprah14 

Anyway, nothing will change the fact that “Stripped” was more successful and impactful than “In The Zone,” not even to fit the Britney fan-wide branding of “Xtina was always second fiddle.” I know y’all have  stick to that narrative forever as it helps you overcome your faves shortcomings, but luckily there are hoax busters like me who will always be here to remind everyone that it’s not true. oprah14 

29 minutes ago, Loose Rap said:

GGGB is being slept on honestly. The singles and the album were literally everywhere from all of 2007-2008 and Umbrella was unexplainably HUGE. That era birthed her as a superstar.

giphy.gif

I gotta agree. I’d rank it #2 on this list. Rihanna wouldn’t be the global star she is without this album. Such great songs from that album. clap3 

2 hours ago, Agugaga said:

It’s not. But success is still just one factor. The other factors being impact, influence, etc. Which brings me to an interesting observation with Britney fans. They want to tout that “Britney sold X amount of albums than Xtina,” but when it comes to comparing the impact and relevancy of “Stripped” and “In The Zone,” suddenly it no longer becomes about sales? Go figure. oprah14 

Anyway, nothing will change the fact that “Stripped” was more successful and impactful than “In The Zone,” not even to fit the Britney fan-wide branding of “Xtina was always second fiddle.” I know y’all have  stick to that narrative forever as it helps you overcome your faves shortcomings, but luckily there are hoax busters like me who will always be here to remind everyone that it’s not true. oprah14 

Girl you were the one saying “let’s not count sales” in the Op, then when you came back to it you are now counting “success” to include sales oprah14

I love stripped and know that Stripped > ITZ, so don’t try it with me hunty oprah14 

And The Fame > so oprah14 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.