Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

Was not including Brooklyn Nights on Artpop Gaga's biggest mistake that era?

1 hour ago, Ursula said:

Yeah because they took her when no one believed in her/wanted her. orangu1 Ugh...fucking LA Reid.

1 hour ago, Freaky Prince said:

5 albums deal and she most likely extended it after Joanne considering she dropped The Cure with them.

She will never leave them tbh, I think she's too afraid of doing such thing.

INTERSCOPE is one of the labels who gives more creative control to artists, if INTERSCOPE it's that way imagine the other labels jj4

Look for instance EPIC records, they suck horrible,  they couldnt make Mandy Moore happen when pop girls were the biggest shit in early 00, fast forward to present theyre wasting a lot of oportunities with Camila Cabello, and i dont know who else is with EPIC but if we search i bet they kill them own artists,  then we have SONY, and artists like Joss Stone and Michael Jackson or Mariah Carey that end up hating Tommy Mottola and Sony....  to be fair, she is lucky

1 hour ago, Ursula said:

According to Gaga she wanted:

Born This Way > Marry the Night > The Edge of Glory > Scheiße

and that's a much better single run already. lol3 She also wanted Heavy Metal Lover and Hair at some point. Both of which sounded more like hits than Judas and Yoü and I did. Add Government Hooker to the mix and you have the perfect single selection.

The thing is, not EVERY single needs to be a hit. Janet and Michael released a shit ton of singles mostly to promote them with videos which is what Gaga's brand was mostly known for: her visuals.

Had she gotten the chance to create AMAZING videos for all of these singles, her reputation as a visual artist wouldn't have faded away so quickly.

The Edge of Glory should have been directed by Joseph Khan. She shouldn't have fired him and should have honestly stepped off her high horse. Marry the Night deserved an artistic video by Mark Romanek, Scheiße another Steven Klein video and Heavy Metal Lover should have been similar to the MTV VMA performance commercial.

I love all your ideas except for the Joseph Khan, he is literally trash and his work is overrated af, there is no other music video director more mediocre than him jj4  ive been hating him since for forever, i guess that's the reason i lowkey dont like LOVEGAME mv, idk

1 hour ago, frankgutz said:

INTERSCOPE is one of the labels who gives more creative control to artists, if INTERSCOPE it's that way imagine the other labels jj4

Look for instance EPIC records, they suck horrible,  they couldnt make Mandy Moore happen when pop girls were the biggest shit in early 00, fast forward to present theyre wasting a lot of oportunities with Camila Cabello, and i dont know who else is with EPIC but if we search i bet they kill them own artists,  then we have SONY, and artists like Joss Stone and Michael Jackson or Mariah Carey that end up hating Tommy Mottola and Sony....  to be fair, she is lucky

I love all your ideas except for the Joseph Khan, he is literally trash and his work is overrated af, there is no other music video director more mediocre than him jj4  ive been hating him since for forever, i guess that's the reason i lowkey dont like LOVEGAME mv, idk

Well, he may be trash but I wanted that big budget Mermaid video for The Edge of Glory. It's what the song deserved...not that trashy 5$ video it got in the end. cry5 

He's one of the most opulent producers in terms of production. He could have brought out the best in Gaga. Besides, her planning/shooting that original TEOG video with him  and cancelling it probably resulted in huge budget cuts for the rest of the era. It's one big fucking mess. She should have just shut up and let him do his thing.

That Yoü and I single/video also should have never ever happened. A waste of money, ideas, looks and performance slots. The time she spent on trying to make that song happen was twice the amount regular singles have gotten. We could have literally have gotten two more singles instead of Yoü and I.

5 hours ago, Ursula said:

Well, he may be trash but I wanted that big budget Mermaid video for The Edge of Glory. It's what the song deserved...not that trashy 5$ video it got in the end. cry5 

He's one of the most opulent producers in terms of production. He could have brought out the best in Gaga. Besides, her planning/shooting that original TEOG video with him  and cancelling it probably resulted in huge budget cuts for the rest of the era. It's one big fucking mess. She should have just shut up and let him do his thing.

That Yoü and I single/video also should have never ever happened. A waste of money, ideas, looks and performance slots. The time she spent on trying to make that song happen was twice the amount regular singles have gotten. We could have literally have gotten two more singles instead of Yoü and I.

i feel you cry8  but idk if the video would actually look good or a CGI mess, we will never know, i do lowkey like TEOG music we got tho, still better than her last videos since Applause, her last good video

12 hours ago, fab said:

I think the TEOG video is great tho jj3 You And I is where everything went downhill jj3 

HOW?

It's so lame and basic and she doesn't look good. The song needed something grand and that video just isn't the tea.

4 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

Idk about it being a single, but the Y&I video is in her Top 5 omg so underrated jj4

It's 5 seemingly not-connected videos scrambled into one. Same goes for Marry the Night.

1 minute ago, Ursula said:

HOW?

It's so lame and basic and she doesn't look good. The song needed something grand and that video just isn't the tea.

yes it's basic but at least it's not a tacky mess like the rest of the videos from that era jj3 (except for Judas maisy ) 

19 hours ago, fab said:

I think the TEOG video is great tho jj3 You And I is where everything went downhill jj3 

18 hours ago, Rachel Green said:

the delusion is real. lol3

yall wrong, G.U.Y. started ha downfall  jj2  followed by MR, JW & J jj3

6 hours ago, Ursula said:

HOW?

It's 5 seemingly not-connected videos scrambled into one. Same goes for Marry the Night.

oh no!!! noT with MARRY THE GOD

tumblr_mkq1bg3Zsp1qf9akvo3_500.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_m2pfo3eqdn1qa05v4.gif

Spoiler

bon-qui-qui-rude-gif-2.gif

Spoiler

19f653944867a4d5d800d52eff43d7df.jpg

On 7/29/2018 at 1:05 PM, fab said:

you mean this one? was it actually supposed to be the cover? ny11 

10GAGA-master1050.jpg

Still my all time fave image from a Gaga photoshoot oprah4 the potential oprah4 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.