Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Entea

Travis Scott addresses Amanda Lepore’s absence on Astroworld cover art

Travis Scott, photo by Xavi Torrent/Redferns

Leading up to the release of his new album Astroworld, Travis Scott revealed the record’s cover art, shot by photographer Dave LaChapelle, who then shared alternate artwork featuring the iconic transgender model Amanda Lepore. Scott then posted a new version in which Lepore was notably absent, leading to backlash from people who speculated that the action was rooted in transphobia. Take a look at the new versions below.

Earlier this week, Lepore wrote in the caption of an Instagram post: “It was great being part of @david_lachapelle s incredible photograph of @travisscott s album cover but I’m curious why I’m not on the picture @travisscott posted.” Scott’s camp reportedly denied removing Lepore from the cover, while LaChapelle addressed the subject in an Instagram comment: “Everybody wants to explain everything with some phobia or whatever. This is a case of something else she can't seem to control lol.” He later clarified in a separate comment: “Amanda was taken out because she just upstaged everyone.” The model then edited her original IG caption to add, “A girl can't help it! Too distracting for the eyes! Upstaged everyone in the photograph!”

X

is that supposed to be an apology? I love how homophobes are so quick to talk shit but then they have to bite their tongues because they need that gay money, that gay stylist, that gay photographer, that gay promoter... Gays run the entertainment business and they have to deal with it.

bey11

2 hours ago, attitude said:

Who cares? Honestly? Everybody always has to have a seat at the table...

Yeah they do, because if they don’t it’s oppression. That’s not a difficult concept to grasp.

2 hours ago, Manel said:

is that supposed to be an apology? I love how homophobes are so quick to talk shit but then they have to bite their tongues because they need that gay money, that gay stylist, that gay photographer, that gay promoter... Gays run the entertainment business and they have to deal with it.

bey11

Right? They highkey diss us, treat us like trash but then think that this half-assed apologies will erase everything. I dig his music but honestly, this was a stupid move just to make everyone shut up and well, I doubt that will happen!

moo8

1 hour ago, Kenya said:

Yeah they do, because if they don’t it’s oppression. That’s not a difficult concept to grasp.

Amanda is a walking tub of plastic that looks like she was stung by a hoard of bees, get over it kesha5

20 minutes ago, attitude said:

Amanda is a walking tub of plastic that looks like she was stung by a hoard of bees, get over it kesha5

Do you have ANY decency? Why are you sitting here bashing her looks? How dare you bash her like that. You’re disgusting. I don’t care if this is a fucking joke. No one should be treated like that.

1 hour ago, sonowgoodbye said:

Do you have ANY decency? Why are you sitting here bashing her looks? How dare you bash her like that. You’re disgusting. I don’t care if this is a fucking joke. No one should be treated like that.

The sad thing is that’s who he is a person awk1

1 hour ago, sonowgoodbye said:

Could you clutch your pearls any harder?

7 hours ago, Entea said:

This also could tie into what he said during one of his shows awk1

This video is few years old and he apologised for these slurs - since then he was never problematic. 

Have you guys actually seen the cover? It lowkey looked to me like these lasers where coming out of her ass dead1 I’d simply remove her from aesthetical reasons, not because she’s trans cause personally I don’t care if you’re trans, hermaphrodite, alien, green or red - who cares? If the result is something you don’t like you have EVERY right to change your mind. All of you guys trying to pin it with some “phobias” and shit, smh dead1 

15 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

I hope his album will be a failure. moo12

300-400k first week, you wish it was a failure bey7 #1 everywhere iTunes, Spotify, AM etc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.