Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

sunny.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

During an appearance at the TCA summer press tour on Friday, “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” cast members Charlie Day, Danny DeVito, Rob McElhenney, and Kaitlin Olson revealed that Glenn Howerton will in fact appear in most of the episodes of the show’s upcoming thirteenth season.

“We went through all sorts of ideas before we knew that Glenn was coming back,” McElhenney said. “He’s in pretty much every episode.”

“He’s in the majority of them,” Day chimed in. Day also revealed that the team behind the show got creative with ways to shoot around Howerton’s absence, such as doing an all-female reboot of a past episode of the series.

FXX had previously announced that Howerton wouldn’t be as big a part of Season 13 of the series.

The official synopsis for the season read, in part:

Dennis takes on the new role of father in North Dakota…Even without Dennis Reynolds, the Gang has its hands full as Charlie hopes to have a child with The Waitress, Mac sets out to understand his newfound sexuality, Dee takes feminism to new heights, and Frank goes to great lengths for the Gang to experience the greatest moment in Philadelphia sports history – an Eagles Super Bowl victory.”

Howerton’s reduced role was not unexpected, given he is currently the lead on the NBC comedy “AP Bio,” which was renewed for a second season back in May. In that show, he plays a philosophy scholar who loses out on his dream job and goes to work as a high school Advanced Placement biology teacher.

The new season of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” will premiere on Sept. 5 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FXX.

The third episode was definitely the best of the season thus far, I'd say. I'm always down for more Waitress and Artemis, and this episode had more of Artemis than maybe any episode ever. No Dennis but that's OK considering I expected him to barely show up at all this season and it was a good episode regardless, and Dee's "soyboy beta cuck" jab at the Gugino's waiter was pretty funny.

4 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Diamond I just realized that your return means there's at least one other active member that watches this show now nicki5 Or at least you did - are you looking forward to season 14?

I still need to watch the rest of Season 13 brit15 I watched the first four episodes and pretty much disliked all of them so I lost interest rip4 

I plan on catching up soon and watching Season 14 as it airs though! 

4 minutes ago, Diamond said:

I still need to watch the rest of Season 13 brit15 I watched the first four episodes and pretty much disliked all of them so I lost interest rip4 

I plan on catching up soon and watching Season 14 as it airs though! 

You were one off from seeing the best episode of the season - The Gang Gets New Wheels is quite funny. Other than that, I think most of the episodes were OK at best and it was definitely their weakest season overall rip3 You could really tell that it was written around the cast's schedule - Dennis not being in half of it is the most obvious one, but Dee is the one main character in the Boggs reboot episode, Charlie has a solo episode and is barely in another three, the finale is all about Mac and Frank, etc. Just felt off.

Still, I am anticipating season 14, and Dennis' presence throughout should be a big plus. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Dee is the one main character in the Boggs reboot episode

I really didn't like this one omg jj4 Even some questionable Sunny episodes get at least a giggle out of me but I was stone-faced the entire time jj4 

Is Dennis going to be in all of the episodes? I haven't been keeping up with the news tbh. I really hope so, the show wouldn't be the same without him.

22 minutes ago, Diamond said:

I really didn't like this one omg jj4 Even some questionable Sunny episodes get at least a giggle out of me but I was stone-faced the entire time jj4 

Is Dennis going to be in all of the episodes? I haven't been keeping up with the news tbh. I really hope so, the show wouldn't be the same without him.

I thought it was funny when she calls the waiter a soyboy beta cuck rip2 I'm in an Always Sunny meme group on FB and I was amazed at how many people took that joke literally rip2 The idea that anyone who likes this show doesn't appreciate irony is disconcerting rip2 But yeah, if you stuck that episode in any other season it would be the weakest one or close to it.

I'm not sure about every episode, but he's definitely supposed to be in more of them. The main thing screwing with Howerton's schedule was that AP Bio show that got cancelled and then revived a couple of months later, so I'm not sure how exactly that affected his availability. He did direct a couple of episodes this season, so that probably bodes well for his time

15 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Diamond have you seen any of season 14 yet? I wasn't a huge fan of the Thundergun episode, but both of the other episodes were pretty good, especially Dee Day. And Dennis and the rest of the gang have all been in each episode prominently jj2

Not yet 😭 I was planning on catching up this weekend. The entire gang being there makes me excited to watch though!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.