Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jon.

Mariah Readying 'Aggressive' New Music

5b6e0bf20680665c5b647ee0?ops=max(750,0),

"I don't know I if I can tell you what she's working on now but, I mean, it's music," the R&B titan, who was recently inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, admitted during a recent interview with iHeartRadio."She's got a bunch of songs. I just did a bunch of songs for her. It feels aggressive, I can tell you that. When that's happening, ain't no telling what's about to happen." Dupri is just one of the collaborators working on Carey's follow-up to 2014's Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse. Among the other luminaries reportedly in the studio with MC include Prince Charlez, No I.D., Johnta Austin, Crystal Nicole, Eric Hudson, Priscilla Renea, and Diane Warren. 

Source

It's also interesting to note that Jermaine also said that Mariah Carey is trying out different sounding songs that isn't your typical Mariah Carey type of record last year. He also talked about the possibility of her working with Bryson Tiller as well. Could this mean she's going into a more darker route than before? MIAMTEC was a really honest and stripped back record and I feel like she's gon go IN with this new album. Rumors are also stating that she might be prepping for a September release, in conjunction with her iHeartRadio festival show. 

---

DID YOU PRODUCE MORE [than "I Don't"] FOR MARIAH?

JD: We got way more records. My thing was to get her to do something that don’t sound like a Mariah Carey record. We did so many records; it’s just trying to give people something different. Something that will be refreshing. I’m not doing every song, but I’m always trying to figure out something that will make the mind spark or say something like, “Damn. What made them do that?” That’s the song we’re moving with first and a lot of the songs, they got that same type of element. They might not have samples, but they’re not your typical-sounding Mariah Carey record initially.

https://www.rap-up.com/2017/02/15/jermaine-dupri-talks-mariah-carey-album-bryson-tiller-collaboration/

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.