Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Which pop diva's catalog has no meaning/message

This pop diva's music stands for nothing  

43 members have voted

1. 1. No message behind the music

• Britney Spears
    • Katy Perry
    • Mariah Carey
    • Ariana Grande
    • Other

4 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

im sure every musician has a message somewhere in their catalog.

Of course. You almost cant be considered a serious artist without a handful of meaningful songs in your catalog 

53 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Everyone has songs like this in their catalogs. She’s not really taking a stand or speaking for disenfranchised communities, etc. 

This, everyone can sing about spreading your wings and fly and overcome your struggles or whatever, it's a standard in modern music. It's about having a perspective that makes you more of an artist that provokes idealism. 

12 minutes ago, I- said:

not to be the one to drag my own fave, but besides CHUD, what other song has she done where she speaks about disenfranchised communities? oprah14  

Oh you know, just a GLAAD award that she won for “Beautiful,” but CHUD was cute too. oprah14 

4 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Oh you know, just a GLAAD award that she won for “Beautiful,” but CHUD was cute too. oprah14 

that's the music video oprah14

the song is literally in the same vein as half of Mariah's self empowering songs.

Next oprah14 

7 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

But Mariah was honored at the GLAAD awards as well i believe not too long ago

And Beautiful is no different than any of the Mariah songs you are dismissing and its Xtina's most powerful single.

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

Everyone has songs like this in their catalogs. She’s not really taking a stand or speaking for disenfranchised communities, etc. 

she actually has a lot of songs about feeling like an outcast/experiencing discrimnation due to her race and different minorities/communities relate to them because she (usually) doesn't make them super personal to the extent of only her and people in her community being able to relate. that's why she has so many gay fans bey7

2 minutes ago, Tomás said:

she actually has a lot of songs about feeling like an outcast/experiencing discrimnation due to her race and different minorities/communities relate to them because she (usually) doesn't make them super personal to the extent of only her and people in her community being able to relate. that's why she has so many gay fans bey7

Every pop diva has so many gay fans oprah14 

12 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

"Pop diva"

They are both divas who make pop, so..

not in a classical "diva" sense though, since they have zero vocals..

2 hours ago, Winnie. said:

Her message is more in her image, than her music. While Mariah is the inverse, as her image was never controversial. 

Her image? lana11 Love Profusion, Papa Don't Preach, American Life, What It Feels Like for A Girl, Express Yourself say hi. rih12

Also some album tracks with no music videos say hi too. Keep It Together, In This Life, Nobody Knows Me, Easy Ride, Pray for Spanish Eyes, Nothing Fails etc. lana9

2 hours ago, Infrared said:

The Madonna stans trying it xtina6

The thread wasn't made by a Madonna fan. ny4 Obsessed much? mad7

4 minutes ago, Savage said:

They are both divas who make pop, so..

not in a classical "diva" since though, since they have zero vocals..

And this is why none of these girls can be called divas. Next.

Y'all aren't really voting Britney.

Sis has Stronger, Overprotected, Lucky, My Prerogative, Everytime... Like I'm not her biggest fan but sis has touched several topics and made several points.

I voted for Ariana.

22 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

Her image? lana11 Love Profusion, Papa Don't Preach, American Life, What It Feels Like for A Girl, Express Yourself say hi. rih12

Also some album tracks with no music videos say hi too. Keep It Together, In This Life, Nobody Knows Me, Easy Ride, Pray for Spanish Eyes, Nothing Fails etc. lana9

The thread wasn't made by a Madonna fan. ny4 Obsessed much? mad7

I could name a whole bunch of Mariah songs too baby 💀

Imagine trying to deny that madonnas image is where she’s most Controversial

Sex Book, Cone Titties, Her raunchy sexual performances, advocation for gay rights, advocation for AIDS, research and acceptance, music videos would be part of your image as well dead4

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.