Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Turkey to boycott Apple products

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said his country will boycott electronic products made in the US amid an escalating diplomatic feud with the Trump administration that has contributed to a currency meltdown in Turkey.

Advertisement

The move comes after the US imposed sanctions on two Turkish ministers over the continued detention of an American pastor on terror-related charges.

President Donald Trump has also compounded the country's economic crisis by doubling steel and aluminium tariffs to 50% and 20% respectively.

Mr Erdogan suggested Turkey would stop procuring US-made iPhones and buy Korean Samsung or Turkish-made Vestel devices instead.

He said: "If they have the iPhone, there is Samsung elsewhere. We have Vestel."

It is unclear how the Turkish leader plans to implement the boycott.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/turkey-to-boycott-us-electronics-including-iphone-11472506

59 minutes ago, Kaulitz. said:

I may be a bit dense at the moment, because I don't get what Apple products have to do with Trump?

He placed sanctions on Turkish imports, so I guess this is them retaliating

Trump and Erdogan are like mirrored images of each others.

Both immature, ugly, racist and narcissistic idiots. lol3 It was only a matter of time before these two egos would collide with each other.

On 8/14/2018 at 8:56 PM, Ursula said:

Trump and Erdogan are like mirrored images of each others.

Both immature, ugly, racist and narcissistic idiots. lol3 It was only a matter of time before these two egos would collide with each other.

this

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.