Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Nicki thinks she has no competition

1 minute ago, Freaky Prince said:

No, because they have their own #1s rip3

No one's saying Cardi is bigger than Nicki, but she sure as hell is competition now burn1

but Paula had more um2 so that makes her bigger than Britney, right? um2

no one is saying that Cardi B is not Nicki's competition, but Nicki is on ANOTHER LANE, a lane where she is the highest selling female rapper (outsold many males too), and is still getting top 10 platinum hits, and possibly a #1 album, 10 years into her career. 

Why are y'all reaching? It seems that you all just want something to pick on Nicki. What she said is the TRUTH, she doesn't have competition because 9 from the 10 female rappers that have come out and were successful lost in the end. Nicki's been on the business for ten years now and the other girls can't even get hits anymore. Maybe Cardi is getting #1s but we know that #1s really don't mean anything, see: Iggy. I'm not defending her because I really dont like that she worked with a pedo, but she's still not saying lies.

Just now, Hector said:

Why are y'all reaching? It seems that you all just want something to pick on Nicki. What she said is the TRUTH, she doesn't have competition because 9 from the 10 female rappers that have come out and were successful lost in the end. Nicki's been on the business for ten years now and the other girls can't even get hits anymore. Maybe Cardi is getting #1s but we know that #1s really don't mean anything, see: Iggy. I'm not defending her because I really dont like that she worked with a pedo, but she's still not saying lies.

oprah14 

59 minutes ago, rose said:

how come it's a problem when Nicki says shit like this but not when male rappers do lol3 

Drake DOES get shit for his bragging.  jj4 

ALSO,

There is an abundance of top male rappers and the best ones help support themselves to get and be better. Kanye supporting literally all the men who inspires him (Kid Kudi, Travis Scott, etc..) and even signing them. 

I’m confused af on why Nicki is not even trying to be supportive to these female rappers. jj4 

Like have some open for u on tour  

they got Rico Nasty, Cupcakke, Dreamdoll or whatever her name is, Lizzo, etc.  

like all Cardi has been doing is minding her business. She views herself as her own competition. Yet daily Nicki just keeps throwing some form of shade jj4 

Nicki is the most successful female rapper ever and will most likely remain so unless Cardi serves longevity. And since we cant see the future of 5 years we can say no one is coming for that title as of now.

2 hours ago, I- said:

Okay and? 

Paula Abdul has like 7 #1s, but is she bigger than Britney? or Gaga? ny14 

According to Billboard’s Top Female Artist list she is bigger than Britney ny5 

8 hours ago, I- said:

Okay and? 

Paula Abdul has like 7 #1s, but is she bigger than Britney? or Gaga? ny14 

Paula was HUGE during her time.  She did not mark her legacy because her career just ended abruptly due to her injuries.  I think she would’ve been a big legend if she stayed long or as longer than Janet, Madonna, Cher, etc.  She literally fizzled on her way to the legend’s ball.  But she was HUGE.  You cannot compare Gaga or Brit as they are products of their own time.  Gaga especially because she’s still a current artist.  Even Britney to an extent.  

Brit literally got banned from radio, she would have gotten her multiple #1s back then - bad example.

Comparing Paula to Brit or Gaga is like comparing Janet or Madonna to Ariana or Rihanna.

Time, sis.  And in Nicki’s state, her most memorable work is her pop rap work.  

Also, we cannot gauge Cardi as well bc she’s still too recent.  She has what it takes though and she’s already getting the accomplishments.  It’s time and also how well she’s going to handle her career.  Iggy fizzled quick bc of her controversies.  But looking at Cardi’s thin-skinned meltdowns, not sure how long she’s going to last tbh

Just now, ploopy said:

Paula was HUGE during her time.  She did not mark her legacy because her career just ended abruptly due to her injuries.  I think she would’ve been a big legend if she stayed long or as longer than Janet, Madonna, Cher, etc.  She literally fizzled on her way to the legend’s ball.  But she was HUGE.  You cannot compare Gaga or Brit as they are products of their own time.  Gaga especially because she’s still a current artist.  Even Britney to an extent.  

Brit literally got banned from radio, she would have gotten her multiple #1s back then - bad example.

Comparing Paula to Brit or Gaga is like comparing Janet or Madonna to Ariana or Rihanna.

Time, sis.  And in Nicki’s state, her most memorable work is her pop rap work.  

Also, we cannot gauge Cardi as well bc she’s still too recent.  She has what it takes though and she’s already getting the accomplishments.  It’s time and also how well she’s going to handle her career.  Iggy fizzled quick bc of her controversies.  But looking at Cardi’s thin-skinned meltdowns, not sure how long she’s going to last tbh

1074323034_ScreenShot2018-08-13at3_27_19

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.