Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

HninSi

More remembered today - Hung Up or We Belong Together?

6 minutes ago, Q U E E N said:

i mean she can still get a top 20 hit and it went 2x platinum, the last time madonna ever achieved even close was literally 10 years ago but go off moo11

Really?

Well...let's see whose single stats are better.

Madonna:

UpdWM6b.png

hgZ79m5.png

atslBj6.png

Mariah:

PSxADUF.png

W5phNGv.png

UWDtZtl.png

What I'm seeing here is that the artist that is actually OLDER managed to pull better numbers and chart positions in MORE countries than the younger and apparently "more relevant" one.

Oh, and Madonna's last top 10 (a WW one at that) was GMAYL in 2012. A year before McRiah released Miguel's song and claimed it as her own by adding some background vocals. ny4 Everything else from that album including every single that followed tanked harder than Madonna's efforts. I mean even Living for Love and Ghosttown did better on a global scale than most of Mariah's post-2013 singles.

4 minutes ago, Q U E E N said:

only in certain countries don't get it twisted, it was available in the us and uk ari7

US & UK =/= world lol3 Educate yourself please. We know Mariah doesn't get many views from places outside of the anglophone sphere but that doesn't apply to everyone else.

1 minute ago, Q U E E N said:

Shame the youtube and spotify stats don't back up google stats ari7

Shame that Hung Up and 4 Minutes have both outsold Mariah's biggest hits from the respective years. ari7 

4 minutes ago, Ursula said:

Shame that Hung Up and 4 Minutes have both outsold Mariah's biggest hits from the respective years. ari7 

But the thread is about which is more remembered today hun if you read ari7 not their respective years ari7

1 hour ago, Q U E E N said:

i mean she can still get a top 20 hit and it went 2x platinum, the last time madonna ever achieved even close was literally 10 years ago but go off moo11

That was in 2013, dont delude yourself that Mariah will chart a single in the top 20 in 2018, apart from the xmas jingle which no one even knows that she sings

2 minutes ago, visionofrain said:

That was in 2013, dont delude yourself that Mariah will chart a single in the top 20 in 2018, apart from the xmas jingle which no one even knows that she sings

considering the hundreds of millions of streams she gets on youtube/spotify and amount of shazams it gets every christmas, and her popularity on twitter (memes involving mariah and being queen of christmas go viral each year with 300k+ retweets) i can guarantee you everyone knows that mariah sings it sweetie

source.gif

1 minute ago, Q U E E N said:

considering the hundreds of millions of streams she gets on youtube/spotify and amount of shazams it gets every christmas, and her popularity on twitter (memes involving mariah and being queen of christmas go viral each year with 300k+ retweets) i can guarantee you everyone knows that mariah sings it sweetie

source.gif

Mariah Carery - 19m Shazams

Madonna - 24.1m Shazams

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Q U E E N said:

source.gif

Imagine boasting about your fave being reduced to a twitter meme lol. Tragic. 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.