Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

The biggest selling female singers can’t sing, why?

Why do we allow people who can’t fulfill the basic description for their job title succeed? 

Madonna and Rihanna are the two highest certified female artists, and neither can sing. Don’t need you to post receipts of Rihanna signing Love on the brain with her fingers doing yoga, or Madonna talksinging one her forgotten 80s ballads. 

They can’t sing, yet they sell millions. Does the GP Stan mediocrity? Are these a example of white and lightskin privilege? Had Madonna been black she wouldn’t have gotten where she was today. Had Rihanna been darkskin people wouldn’t have latched onto her like they do. Fact

Before you come for lightskin Black woman Mariah Carey, she can sing and she worked for fame. Before you claim Whitney had success, she had to promoted and used by a white man, and forced to make pop music that appealed to a white audience, as well as present herself in a “safe” way. 

Discuss sistrens 

2 minutes ago, light741 said:

They make up for it with their visuals and performing styles. Specially Madonna. She truly excels at it.

I’m a Brain surgeon who can’t perform brain surgery, i make up for it by being charismatic and a pleasure to have in the surgery room.  

I know you only said female, but with both males and females, some people prefer listening to music for the vocals, and some are more into the production and/or lyrics. Many of the most legendary artists like Madonna, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, David Bowie, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, and Billy Joel aren’t known for having 5 octaves or an incredible vocal range, but to deny their talent would be ludicrous. At the end of the day, they all still sing their lyrics, which means they are indeed singers.

2 minutes ago, Hylia said:

I know you only said female, but with both males and females, some people prefer listening to music for the vocals, and some are more into the production and/or lyrics. Many of the most legendary artists like Madonna, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, David Bowie, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, and Billy Joel aren’t known for having 5 octaves or an incredible vocal range, but to deny their talent would be ludicrous. At the end of the day, they all still sing their lyrics, which means they are indeed singers.

Singers should be able to sing well. Is that hard to ask? 

Those you listed are wolrd reknown spoken word performers 

Just now, Winnie. said:

I’m a Brain surgeon who can’t perform brain surgery, i make up for it by being charismatic and a pleasure to have in the surgery room.  

Yes. That works fine. jj2 But Madonna and Rihanna never claimed themselves to be powerhouse vocalists. Their strong points are in other areas of music.

6 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

Mariah Carey Billboard Greatest of All Time Hot 100 Women Artists
Mariah Carey

Janet Jackson Billboard Greatest of All Time Hot 100 Women Artists
Janet Jackson

Whitney Houston Billboard Greatest of All Time Hot 100 Women Artists

Whitney Houston
Im glad two black female singers are in the top 5 

No tea no shade, just lemonade, but It took them 30+ years to get wherever they are on this list. it only took rihanna 13 to be among them. clap3 and she's not even 30 yet. clap3 

As for madonna, she was an aggressive dominant top and topped them all. So both rih and madonna are winning.

I mean let's be honest. Madonna's ability to understand the market and her place in it was usually tactically on point. She knew how to work in an industry that changes so fast and easily forgets. She knew when to change to survive when things were going against her. Her ability to adapt is top level. Her transformation from Erotica era to Something To Remember and then to Ray of Light was an expert read of understanding the public's perception of her and how to rebound from that. The woman is a master of this. And it is one of the main reasons why she is such a legend and the queen of pop.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

Singers should be able to sing well. Is that hard to ask? 

Those you listed are wolrd reknown spoken word performers 

They all sing well and convey the emotion behind their lyrics, or else they would not be world renowned. Them not having a million octaves or being able to belt for 30 minutes straight just so a few gays can lose their minds over a diva on stage doesn’t take away from that

Just now, light741 said:

I mean let's be honest. Madonna's ability to understand the market and her place in it was usually tactically on point. She knew how to work it and when to change to survive when things were going against her. Her shift from Erotica / the Sex Book to Something To Remember and then onto Ray of Light was an expert read of understanding the publics perception of her and how to rebound from that. The woman is a master of this. And it is one of the main reasons why she is such a legend and the queen of pop.

giphy.gif

such a class act clap3 

but you'd never see a fossil complimenting Mariah on anything.

1 minute ago, Infrared said:

such a class act clap3 

but you'd never see a fossil complimenting Mariah on anything.

Of course. Because Lambs are deluded and Madonna fans are all objective.

giphy.gif

Mariah Carey isnt black No 1 and 2 she had everything handed to her on a plate from Sony and Tommy. and 3 Rihannas performance of Love on the brain was amazing. 

Poor Mimi couldnt sing like that today if her gastric band depended on it. 

1 minute ago, visionofrain said:

Mariah Carey isnt black No 1 and 2 she had everything handed to her on a plate from Sony and Tommy. and 3 Rihannas performance of Love on the brain was amazing. 

Poor Mimi couldnt sing like that today if her gastric band depended on it. 

1 Mariah has black roots from her father's side.

2. Mariah worked hard for her career.

3. Mariah can still sing. 2092150964_misfitsbye.thumb.gif.53a7af81

1 minute ago, light741 said:

1 Mariah has black roots from her father's side.

2. Mariah worked hard for her career.

3. Mariah can still sing. 2092150964_misfitsbye.thumb.gif.53a7af81

Child i am 5 percent portuguese from a long lost relative and my skin is darker than Mariahs.

The woman is a white biracial. This Mariah is black rubbish has to stop. Its insulting to actual black women who had to fight for exposure in the industry,

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.