Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

The press is eagerly waiting for the court documents to be released

In an affirmation submitted today by Dr. Luke's lawyer, he confirmed that several news outlets have already asked him when the court documents will be released:

This prejudice is compounded by the fact that there is continued, frenzied press interest in the litigation. Plaintiffs have already received queries from the New York Times and USA Today regarding when the unsealed documents will be made public. (Attached hereto as Exhibit 2 is an email received by counsel for Plaintiffs on August 20, 2018 which illustrates the ongoing widespread press interest in the litigation documents). If a one-sided, cherry-picked record regarding issues that are not going to be the basis for deciding the pending motions is made public, it will be highly prejudicial to Plaintiffs.

E-Mail from USA Today journalist:

Hello, are you still Dr. Luke’s lawyer in this Kesha lawsuit? If so, I’m told all sorts of papers in the case set to become public tomorrow, with Katy Perry just filing an emergency motion to keep her deposition sealed. Or some such. I haven’t really covered this lawsuit for more than a year and I’ve been busy on Weinstein and all the other alleged criminal celebs who populate the entertainment universe. So I’m asking for an editor: Is this true? Is it in New York Superior Court? Is it tomorrow? How can we access these alleged papers if they are made public? Can I get them from you? Can I get them online? Any clarity, much appreciated. Thanks, Maria Puente

13 minutes ago, Drake said:

Why didn’t they ask Kesha’s lawyer instead? It’s like they’re on Dr. Luke’s side. 

I think it might just be because he is the plaintiff. But you're not entirely wrong, the press is always extremely focused on what Dr. Luke does and says and often ignores Kesha. Especially The Blast seems to be his lapdog magazine. Most "exclusive" news in this case come from The Blast and it really sounds like he feeds them and they don't portray him unfavorably in return sometimes.

@Dan The judge has now ordered that the court documents will be unsealed on August 27 at 5:00 PM EST, which is the day the deadline for Katy's lawyer to present arguments why Katy's deposition should remain under seal ends, and she has signed all corresponding proposed orders from Kesha, Dr. Luke and Sony regarding which lines should remain under seal regardless.

13 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

@Dan The judge has now ordered that the court documents will be unsealed on August 27 at 5:00 PM EST, which is the day the deadline for Katy's lawyer to present arguments why Katy's deposition should remain under seal ends, and she has signed all corresponding proposed orders from Kesha, Dr. Luke and Sony regarding which lines should remain under seal regardless.

You’re faster than the journalists lol! It’s almost as if youre an insider lol 😂 . I’m still trying to figure out how to search on the website. Can you take pictures of how you search? Sorry lol!

1 minute ago, Drake said:

You’re faster than the journalists lol! It’s almost as if youre an insider lol 😂 . I’m still trying to figure out how to search on the website. Can you take pictures of how you search? Sorry lol!

I am! I'm reading everything exclusively in the court database. The media doesn't even report 90% of what is happening in the lawsuit. Do you already have an eTrack account?

6 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

I am! I'm reading everything exclusively in the court database. The media doesn't even report 90% of what is happening in the lawsuit. Do you already have an eTrack account?

Oh wow, I’d love to read all that. Yup, I do.

Oh wow, I’d love to read all that. Yup, I do.

When you're logging into your account, click "Add an existing Civil Supreme Court case". Choose "Party Search", type "Sebert", choose "Defendant" or "Either" and "New York Supreme Court". There you have the case. Then you just have to add it to your list.

6 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

When you're logging into your account, click "Add an existing Civil Supreme Court case". Choose "Party Search", type "Sebert", choose "Defendant" or "Either" and "New York Supreme Court". There you have the case. Then you just have to add it to your list.

This is awesome!! Thank you!! I see everything here.

I’d like if they can email you when a filling is submitted lol

Yesss, that would be amazing! You only get an e-mail when there is a new appearance date set, but new document would be more useful.

3 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

Oooooh can’t wait cry7  Courts sure move damn slowly... 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Oooooh can’t wait cry7  Courts sure move damn slowly... 

It's only due to Katy's last-minute motion to stop her deposition from being released that the unsealing will be a bit later

On 8/23/2018 at 12:48 AM, TomTom2288 said:

It's only due to Katy's last-minute motion to stop her deposition from being released that the unsealing will be a bit later

You should get used because the promised court updates are often postponed for weeks or even months moo1

23 hours ago, Drake said:

I thought they were supposed to be released today at 5PM.

i posted that yesterday at 4:01 PM EST but idk id the docs were being released 5PM EST or some other time zone.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.