Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Look What You Made Me Do turns 1

The single and lyric video was released exactly a year ago today. It went on to sell 353,000 copies in its first week, spend 3 weeks at #1 and manage to garner over 200,000,000 streams for two weeks in a row. The song has nearly 1.5 billion streams from YouTube and Spotify alone!

Sssssnakes, what do we think of LWYMMD a year later? It was clearly a polarizing single choice and many people didn’t know how to feel about it. Do we think it was the right choice for reputation’s lead single? oprah12 

It was the right choice for the lead single ( it wouldn't serve for later ), I mean, how can this kind of song be left as an album track anyway? Also, I Did Something Bad should have followed, but it's antoher story. 

Song as a song is not the most valuable diamond in her discography, but I like it and think it cemented her status further as a force in the industry. Video is probably the best she has ever recorded as well. So, when you hear Taylor Swift, this one will jump on mind ( bes ides other smash singles ) years from now for sure. 

Its only gotten better over time imo. Its still a bop that shows off a side of Taylor she never fully showed us and that counts as versatility to me. Not even mentioning hows she managed to sample that forgotten 1992 fad song and give its writers some coins!

1 hour ago, visionofrain said:

Oh wow, a year ago already. Im not a huge fan of this song but I was delighted to see Delicate do so well. It should have been the second single. 

I’m glad someone else here agrees Delicate would’ve made a great second single. It is a nice contrast from LWYMMD and showcases the lighter side of the album, which would’ve helped carry the era further. Oh well lol3 

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I’m glad someone else here agrees Delicate would’ve made a great second single. It is a nice contrast from LWYMMD and showcases the lighter side of the album, which would’ve helped carry the era further. Oh well lol3 

At least it got its chance later. Its my favourite on the album, loved it from first listen ! 

7 minutes ago, visionofrain said:

At least it got its chance later. Its my favourite on the album, loved it from first listen ! 

Taste! burn1 

After time it has become my favorite as well. It’s not exactly a polarizing song, but still a huge grower oprah14 

Taste! burn1 

After time it has become my favorite as well. It’s not exactly a polarizing song, but still a huge grower oprah14 

So, you said goodbye and left driver's seat from getaway car? cry5

Taste! burn1 

Infectious, dunno what she was thinking with the video though lol 

This performance is great. 

5 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

So, you said goodbye and left driver's seat from getaway car? cry5

Both career highlights, but.... Delicate outsold mad1 

4 minutes ago, visionofrain said:

I was like wtf at the video when it first came out but I’ve grown to like it rip2 thankfully Kahn didn’t ruin it with something OTT

but this performance is great! Wish she would have given a higher profile performance of it. Maybe if it were released during a different era lol eve1 

4 minutes ago, visionofrain said:

Oh, yes, I like this performance as well. cry5 The rest from here were good as well. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Both career highlights, but.... Delicate outsold mad1 

Just wait for that getaway car to pass down your street at 2 AM soon enough ( she just needs to give us date alex1 ) and we will see which one of the two will be outsold by which one. tay6

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.