Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

4 dead and 11 injured in Jacksonville shooting

Police are urging people to avoid the Jacksonville Landings where an active gunman is apparently still on the loose.

A gunman is understood to have opened fire at the Madden 19 Tournament at the GLHF Game Bar, which inside a Chicago Pizza restaurant.

The event was being live streamed at the time and footage circulated online shows the moment shots were fired.

Two young men can be seen playing in the corner of the screen before the game suddenly disconnects.

Gunshots can be heard in the background.

Professional gaming team compLexity Gaming confirmed one of its players, Drini Gjoka, was injured while taking part in the event.

CompLexity founder Jason Lake told us: "We're obviously shocked and saddened by this afternoon's events.

"Our player, Drini, was hit in the thumb but is going to be fine.

"He managed to escape and run down the street to a nearby gym.

"He's currently cooperating with the authorities and we will be flying him out of Jacksonville as soon as we are given the green light from the officials on the ground."

The mother of gamer Larry Legend confirmed her son had been shot three times.

Writing on Twitter, Sujeil asked fans to keep him in their prayers.

According to US reports, it's thought three people were shot inside the Chicago Pizza restaurant and others may have been caught in the crossfire.

Pictures on social media show several ambulances, firefighters and police cars at the scene.

The area from Bay Street to Main Street has also been blocked off to traffic while cops investigate.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7106452/jacksonville-landing-shooting-4-dead-shopping-centre/

44 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

Oh! it iss shooting season, isn’t it?? 

I actually feel like it's been a while (meaning by modern standards, a few months) since the last mass shooting, but if I looked it up I'm fairly certain I would find that there were in fact as many as ever, and they simply got overshadowed by all the other typical life-affirming news...

15 minutes ago, Not Dennis Reynolds said:

I actually feel like it's been a while (meaning by modern standards, a few months) since the last mass shooting, but if I looked it up I'm fairly certain I would fine that there were in fact as many as ever, and they simply got overshadowed by all the other typical life-affirming news...

Because its mostly school shootings. And schoolseason started and someone shot up a football game before this. 

7 hours ago, jacs vs looser said:

The video, even though it shows not the shooting itself, is incredibly nerve wracking. I sincerely wish pro-gun lobbyist were forced to watch it + other similar videos. But that won't ever happen, sadly this is never going to stop. 

They should all be forced to watch the Stoneman Douglas shooting. If those videos don't make you disgusted with our current gun laws, then you're simply heartless and spineless.

OT: this is horrific and I'm so incredibly disgusted right now. I'm not even feeling sad about it, I'm jumping straight to absolute disgust. This should NOT STILL BE HAPPENING YET HERE WE ARE.

And also funny how this comes days after this dumb bitch Betsy DeVos wants to arm TEACHERS IN SCHOOLS.

America's obsession with keeping weapons of murder is enough for me to want to move the fuck out, denounce my citizenship, and never look back. I've f***ing had it.

3PXRDlr.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.