Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

I’m sick of Mariah fans thinking her voice is still better than Xtina’s

1 hour ago, harry said:

One sat on her ass in her mansion for years at a time between eras so I'm not surprised her voice is better preserved. She hasn't used it as much. oprah14

I wish this was true. But a voice is like a muscle, and you need to keep working it if you want it for the long term. So idk, I guess this point is only half true. I do agree that it’s not good for a vocalist to be touring night after night, but it’s also not good to sit on it for years and do nothing with it. oprah14 

2 hours ago, Yzma said:

XTina can still hit the majority of notes though and can slay her live performances, choreography included.

Moo has been incapable of doing that since idk...the 2000s? katy3 

Stop saying that everyone else is past their prime cause your fave couldn’t keep her voice for more than a decade before it faded away.

The lies. 

And xtina herself was out of prime after a decade. The fact that you say Mariah can't sing since the 2000s proves you have no idea what you are talking about.

1 hour ago, visionofrain said:

Meanwhile Mariah went there and lipped most of Fly like a Bird as always. 

You better have several seats talkig about powr while you show performances of xtina straining and shouting. And wasn't you who once said that high notes are not everything?. 

12 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

At least Xtina has the confidence to sing live whereas Mariah has relied heavily on back up track for years. 

Sorry agugaga. But saying Mariah can't sing since th age of 29 is a BIG FAT LIE.  @Just Whitney  @I Brings That Levity  @Sylk 

Mariah in her 30s.

In her 40s.

1 hour ago, Hylia said:

Nice try but Lucia Cole outsang

tea

25 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

oprah14 

cute until the screams and the goat voice jumps out 

1 hour ago, Sylk said:

gurl xtina can't belt to save her life anymore poor girl had to enlist demi to sing the high harmonies on fall in line Mariah on the other hand can still shell out clear belts/whistles and a natural tone which not everyone has that!

And funny how you mention E=MC2 xtinct would CHOKE before she gets 1/3rd of the I Stay In Love climax or any part of songs like I Wish You Well, For The Record, Migrate etc which are ALSO on the album. 

Please sit down, xtina's fake tone is embarrassing whitney was rolling in her GRAVE after that horrendous tribute, she has always been a terrible 'vocalist'. Even on her debut song Reflection ya'll were gassing her up for hitting that high E when the entire song is her pulling her cords to get that high note poor sis must've burst the veins in her neck to get that. Mariah is a class A vocalist and 1/3rd of a Vocal Trinity. I just have to fucking laugh at this attempt 

Image result for wendy gif atrl

who are you trying to fool sylk ?? All Mariahs whistles have been lipped since TEOM tour. 

And as for her belts ? Generally the same. 

As if Mariah every sang the I stay in love climax live LOL. The delusion. Mariah recorded those songs LINE BY LINE. 

And lets not act as if Mariah could even attempt to sing I will always love you. 

24 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

At least Xtina has the confidence to sing live whereas Mariah has relied heavily on back up track for years. 

Mariah's lack of live performances doesnt make her inferior vocal-wise to Christina. That would mean Christina is better than Whitney and Aretha, who in their later years had none of the skills they possessed in their primes. Christina is only a better sing NOW because her career is younger than Mariah's. of course she would be the better singe of the last fifteen years as she was in her 20s-30s while Mariah had already had close to a decade of success by the time Christina came around

Just now, visionofrain said:

who are you trying to fool sylk ?? All Mariahs whistles have been lipped since TEOM tour. 

As if Mariah every sang the I stay in love climax live LOL. The delusion. Mariah recorded those songs LINE BY LINE. 

And lets not act as if Mariah could even attempt to sing I will always love you. 

False. She has done live wisthles in TEOM and after.

High belts?. Something that was never xtina's strong point. So think twice before saying xtna is great at high belts.

Let's not act as if xtina was able to do it.

1 minute ago, visionofrain said:

And Whitney's range wouldnt allow her to sing a "Emotions". Mariah is part of the vocal trinity because of her talent which is unmatched and her influence on vocalist had no boundaries when it comes to popular music. Christina could NEVER.

4 minutes ago, Just Whitney said:

Mariah's lack of live performances doesnt make her inferior vocal-wise to Christina. That would mean Christina is better than Whitney and Aretha, who in their later years had none of the skills they possessed in their primes. Christina is only a better sing NOW because her career is younger than Mariah's. of course she would be the better singe of the last fifteen years as she was in her 20s-30s while Mariah had already had close to a decade of success by the time Christina came around

xtina being better than Mariah since Mariah was 29 like agugaga said is a lie though. I posted many great live vocals from Mariah in the 2000s. And Mariah in her best moments of this decade can give xtina's best from this decade a run for her money. Mariah still has a wider supported range(supported) is the key word here. So i wouldn't even put xtina above her today.

1 minute ago, Just Whitney said:

And Whitney's range wouldnt allow her to sing a "Emotions". Mariah is part of the vocal trinity because of her talent which is unmatched and her influence on vocalist had no boundaries when it comes to popular music. Christina could NEVER.

Lets not act as if Mariah is singing in its its original key.

Whitney would make the song work for her and it would have been incredible. Thats what a vocalist does. 

Just now, visionofrain said:

Whitney would make the song work for her and it would have been incredible. Thats what a vocalist does. 

Let's not act as if Mariah hasn't already given more than enough great Emotions live performances in her 90s career alone. Next.

Whitney sang many songs under their original key live and that doesnt make her less of a legendary vocalist.

And like Whitney, Mariah would have made IWALY work for her and show off her strengths in it like Whitney did.

Just now, Just Whitney said:

Whitney sang many songs under their original key live and that doesnt make her less of a legendary vocalist.

And like Whitney, Mariah would have made IWALY work for her and show off her strengths in it like Whitney did.

I am talking about NOW, you are completely deluded if you think Mariah could attempt to sing it live.

SHe couldnt even attempt the belts in THE STAR LOL

I am talking about NOW, you are completely deluded if you think Mariah could attempt to sing it live.

SHe couldnt even attempt the belts in THE STAR LOL

And xtina can't sing IWALU now based on her Whitney tribute.

Why don't you post the belts in The star. Mariah until these days has live belts up to E5 and a few F5 belts. She doesn't go that high usually but the point is she has still hit these notes live. So what makes you think she could never attemp the Stars Belts?. Have a seat.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.