Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

POPBOIY

Honest opinions on new pop girls

Dula Peep could go either way. Her music is very generic and she has that irritating way of pronouncing things which many pop girls seem to do now, the GP seem to like that, at the same time she's got a decent size fan base for someone so new to the game. But then you could argue that she's had this massive start which she'll never be able to follow up on. 

Honestly pop girls these days (particularly British ones) have very short shelf lives. 

halsey can be messy but i LIVE for her debut album. vher 2nd was a hit or miss. it has a handful of bops but the interludes and the quavo feature are just not the tea kesha8 

Bebe was cute  in the beginning but i just lost interest kesha8 

anne marie has an amazing album. i anticipate her next. kesha8 

dua can crawl back in her hole kesha8 

I’m sorry to burst everyone’s bubbles but these are NOT the new pop girls. They have not developed a superstar personality and aren’t recognizable to the general public. These are simply radio artists and that’s it . An every day American will not know or recognize what the fuck a Bebe Rex or a Halsey is but they will sure know who Demi Lovato is. There’s a difference between a pop star and a radio star. oprah14 

1 minute ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Dula Peep could go either way. Her music is very generic and she has that irritating way of pronouncing things which many pop girls seem to do now, the GP seem to like that, at the same time she's got a decent size fan base for someone so new to the game. But then you could argue that she's had this massive start which she'll never be able to follow up on. 

Honestly pop girls these days (particularly British ones) have very short shelf lives. 

watch yourself 

2 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

halsey can be messy but i LIVE for her debut album. vher 2nd was a hit or miss. it has a handful of bops but the interludes and the quavo feature are just not the tea kesha8 

Bebe was cute  in the beginning but i just lost interest kesha8 

anne marie has an amazing album. i anticipate her next. kesha8 

dua can crawl back in her hole kesha8 

before i forget; Billie Eilish's ep was spectacular and i NEED a full album soon kesha8 

Dua seems to have caught the public attention more due to her just being a fun person who makes summer bops and i feel her next era will continue to shine and she will score an even bigger hit than One Kiss and New Rules 

Camila has already faced some defeats with her last three collaborations failing to make much noise so far so I dont really know what to expect of her, and her debut, while it did serve some moments, it fell under the expectation i had. 

Bebe- Expectations is a very decent album

Anne Marie- havent heard the album 

Overall none have the star power of Katy and Gaga and Rihanna so they cant be called pop girls really

2 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I’m sorry to burst everyone’s bubbles but these are NOT the new pop girls. They have not developed a superstar personality and aren’t recognizable to the general public. These are simply radio artists and that’s it . An every day American will not know or recognize what the fuck a Bebe Rex or a Halsey is but they will sure know who Demi Lovato is. There’s a difference between a pop star and a radio star. oprah14 

for once there is tea in one of you post brit3

Dua has potential she just needs to play her cards right. She might not be the whole package and a bit inconsistent at times, especially when it's a big event with big production but she's certainly interesting enough to keep the public's attention.

I find Bebe's voice absolutely annoying sorry1 

I dont know if it's just me but I feel like Camila is being forced down our throats. And I tried to give her a chance but she's just not charming or interesting to me.

Halsey is a mess. People posting her lyrics on tumblr doesnt mean she's happening.

I enjoy most of them to some extent except for Bebe T-Rexha. I usually have no problem with a pop song sounding “generic,” “basic,” or whatever drag people want to use, but Bebe just takes vapid to a whole new level for me.

2 hours ago, POPBOIY said:

Girls like Anne Marie, Halsey, Bebe Rexha, etc.

Any honest/ unbiased opinions? gaga3

Opinion: I don't have an opinion cause I don't know them/don't think of them. gaga3 

Everytime I look at a new girl, I wonder why they are there. What inspired them? There's no passion, no drivelol3 I get more from an ex act like Miley/Ari/or Demi. These new girls also sound the sameari9 No legit team, no team that wants to make a star with an identity. I realized the reason the GP, doesn't care is that they never haveellie1

Anne-Marie had a really decent album but unfortunately she won't really make a break outside of the U.K. Her music just has that kind of nostalgic appeal that not many other regions would appreciate.

Bebe Rexha also served a good album, & she's probably one of the better pop songwriters out of all of them. However, her image isn't interesting enough and her voice can be really grating.

Camila's album is good & she definitely stands out in the music climate. However, she's been making all the worst choices after Havana and it makes you wonder if she got lucky with the one song, or if she does have more to show.

Halsey already solidified herself as an alt-pop darling. She's not really serving anything groundbreaking and she's not churning out hits. However, she has plenty of ideas and a huge stanbase. I feel like her success level will be consistent.

I have really mixed emotions about Dua. I used to love her, but then her album came out and it was pretty weak. Most of the good songs were the singles and then the songs that blew up ended up being meh. Also, aside from her kind personality, everything about her is kind of bland. She needs to majorly turn up the fire and I hope she gets a chance to because the UK replaces their "it" girls very quickly katy6

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.