Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

'A Star Is Born' Discussion Thread - Metacritic: 88 / Rotten Tomatoes: 90%

3 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

It would still bring a few millions to the overall box offica score.

It wouldn't even add a million.

For a comparison, Mamma Mia 2 grossed 600,000 there and Bridget Jones' Baby grossed 700,000. Rom-coms are a waste of time there. They literally only care about action films and they can just pirate any movie at this point. That's why Crazy Rich Asians is flopping now. 

I saw Asib a few days ago and movie is pretty average, too long, boring with not original story-line. Most parts of the film looks cheap like it was shoot on iphone. Probably the only good thing about this remake is Bradley, he really can sing and his acting was really good. As for Gaga's acting, there were a lot of shots of her from beyond or from far away as possible from her face, which means her acting skills is limited and they were trying to cover it up by not showing her face. Almost all her close up shots were just so laughable, her waking up in her house when she saw Jack was there looking at her, that wake up scene was by far the most awkward one. `Him touching her nose - same. Her with one eyebrow - I couldn't contain myself from laughing. I mean, it's her first major role but she was pretty much playing herself, just watch any of her live performances - it's all the same. Same face, same movements, yelling, making dramatic faces. Every single thing is the same. I had a feeling like I could watch one of her performances on youtube and save yourself over 2 hours of my life. I agree with critics that she was natural but not as Ally but as Lady Gaga. Warners and hard promotion did their job.

BEST ACTRESS (so far):
Glenn Close, The Wife (New Mexico)
Toni Collette, Hereditary (Gothams)
Toni Collette, Hereditary (Chicago)
Toni Collette, Hereditary (Detroit)
Toni Collette, Hereditary (LAOFCS)
Olivia Colman, The Favourite (LAFCA)
Olivia Colman, The Favourite (BIFA)
Olivia Colman, The Favourite (Atlanta)
Olivia Colman, The Favourite (Toronto)
Viola Davis, Widows (Philadelphia)
Lady Gaga, A Star Is Born (NBR)
Lady Gaga, A Star Is Born (WAFCA)
Regina Hall, Support the Girls (NYFCC)
Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me? (NYFCO)
Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?(San Francisco)
Angourie Rice, Ladies in Black (AACTA)

On 12/10/2018 at 8:32 AM, California boy said:

BEST ACTRESS (so far):
Toni Collette, Hereditary (Gothams)
Toni Collette, Hereditary (Chicago)
Toni Collette, Hereditary (Detroit)
Toni Collette, Hereditary (LAOFCS)

Queen coming through fall2

10 hours ago, Taylor said:

I planned to go to the theater to see this back in October but it never happened fall8 

Hopefully I can still catch a screening, if not maybe I'll just wait for digital release jj4 

You should experience it in a theater tho, the music is amazing and it's just captivating, it's truly stunning, I don't think watching it on TV or laptop will top the experience. giveup3 

5 hours ago, Luca said:

You should experience it in a theater tho, the music is amazing and it's just captivating, it's truly stunning, I don't think watching it on TV or laptop will top the experience. giveup3 

I’d really love to! One of my friends went to see it, who just to note, usually does not care for these types of movies, and said the experience was amazing as well as just the  movie itself.

I think my local cinema is still playing it so I’ll have to go see it this weekend tay5 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.