Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

'A Star Is Born' Discussion Thread - Metacritic: 88 / Rotten Tomatoes: 90%

2 minutes ago, Juinae said:

Really? dead4 I guess it must be because I went to a 9:30 showing in the only theatre near my uni. 

And I am 100% buying the soundtrack on record now. I saw your thread about it and it's obvious the effort that went into even the smallest detail about this movie/it's music. brit2

The vinyl packaging and images are beautiful. oprah4 I’m also definitely buying it when it’s on DVD.

so I finally watched ASIB two days ago with two friends.. and I was kind of underwhelmed cry9 

like it was a beautiful movie, but I wasn't really feeling any of the emotions cry9 

I had a couple of drinks before though and ig that made me pay less attention jj1 

also I watched it in English and some of the dialogue was really hard to understand, especially when Bobby was involved jj3  

next time I'll definitely watch it with subtitles wendy2 

my friends liked it more than me though yas2 she is truly winning back the straights yas2 

I watched the movie for a second time yesterday gaga1 

Spoiler

I was a bit disappointed when I first saw it and wanted to give it another chance. Unfortunately it didn't manage to change my opinion gaga1

Like I just can't really connect with any of the characters. instantly disliked Jackson and never managed to get onboard with their relationship. Like it's clear from the very start that Jack is a complete alcoholic, how can you fall for that. What did Ally see in him tbh gaga1 when he passed out in the hotel room and a couple of moments later they make out gaga1 ew gaga1 

his meltdown after her SNL performance was so over the top gaga1 like don't act like you've never done anything commercial before gaga1  I was done with him after he called Ally ugly, and I hated how quickly she forgave him gaga1 where is ur self respect gurl gaga1 

the ending didn't really spark an emotional reaction in me brit12

I guess Bradley's character was just a bit too extreme for me to sympathise with him and that's why the entire movie fell flat for me gaga1 

I LOVE the soundtrack though  cry3 

On 10/26/2018 at 10:14 PM, Gaga = the queen of pop said:

I watched the movie for a second time yesterday gaga1 

Hide contents

I was a bit disappointed when I first saw it and wanted to give it another chance. Unfortunately it didn't manage to change my opinion gaga1

Like I just can't really connect with any of the characters. instantly disliked Jackson and never managed to get onboard with their relationship. Like it's clear from the very start that Jack is a complete alcoholic, how can you fall for that. What did Ally see in him tbh gaga1 when he passed out in the hotel room and a couple of moments later they make out gaga1 ew gaga1 

his meltdown after her SNL performance was so over the top gaga1 like don't act like you've never done anything commercial before gaga1  I was done with him after he called Ally ugly, and I hated how quickly she forgave him gaga1 where is ur self respect gurl gaga1 

the ending didn't really spark an emotional reaction in me brit12

I guess Bradley's character was just a bit too extreme for me to sympathise with him and that's why the entire movie fell flat for me gaga1 

I LOVE the soundtrack though  cry3 

Spoiler

I relate. Jackson could have had more development. He wasn't very likeable to me. I feel like I didn't get that emotional at the end because it was spoiled for me but idk. Still a good movie and Gaga definitely carried it. gaga1 

On 10/7/2018 at 9:21 AM, RihannaRTT said:
Spoiler

I hate when people play horrible roles tbh because like I know they're acting but I start to hate them irl too. The manager was already annoying enough but URGH I actually want to punch him coz he's the one who caused this. And it hurts as well knowing that - in the movie's universe - it couldn't be proven and he'd never face justice for it. It's so sad fffffff

Spoiler

I wish we got closure about the manager... does Ally stay with him? Or does she leave him because she feels something is up or because she never really liked him?

--

I got pretty emotional in the scene between her and the manager where he tells her off for wanting to tour with Jackson. When he closes the door I couldn't help but wonder if Gaga channeled her experience with Troy for her tears. oprah1 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.