Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

Why is P!nk so criminally underrated?

She has the voice, she has the stage presence, she has the bops and she has the likeable personality. 

So why is P!nk so underrated, she's had lots of chart success and continues too almost 20 years on, which is very impressive. But why is she not appreciated as a vocalist or with her impact on pop music. You rarely hear people talking about her "on the street" like many of her peers get, yet people go and buy all her albums and see her concerts in large numbers. Her songs are on the radio very frequently including her past stuff.  

Spoiler

I'm prepared to get murdered for this but i'd say she's a better vocalist than Xtina.  wendy2

16 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

She has the voice, she has the stage presence, she has the bops and she has the likeable personality. 

So why is P!nk so underrated, she's had lots of chart success and continues too almost 20 years on, which is very impressive. But why is she not appreciated as a vocalist or with her impact on pop music. You rarely hear people talking about her "on the street" like many of her peers get, yet people go and buy all her albums and see her concerts in large numbers. Her songs are on the radio very frequently including her past stuff.  

Reveal hidden contents

I'm prepared to get murdered for this but i'd say she's a better vocalist than Xtina.  wendy2

Well, her latest album charted really good but I agree with you

14 minutes ago, Lord Stoneheart said:

she's not underrated, she enjoys massive success with the GP. She just isnt stanned by gays on the internet I guess.

You missed my point.

10 minutes ago, Imperfect said:

Well, her latest album charted really good but I agree with you

Yea i'm not really talking about her sales though, more about in popular culture. 

Just now, Philip said:

lol at the last part lol3

Just personal opinion, not shading Xtina, i just think P!nk is better as she's been able to keep and improve her voice over time. 

Because we aren't soccer moms who listen to boring, safe predictable music.

Pink used to be cool back in the day, but after her second album she has just played it safe album after album with no artistic growth whatsoever, aside from a couple of gems in her catalog (Sober and Just Give Me A Reason are two of my faves). oprah14 

7 minutes ago, Modern Woman said:

Sellout from what, exactly? Her faux-punk Jizzonthehoodofmysister era?

No...her second album was great. But since her “I’m not Dead” era she’s stuck to a formula that’s safe and recycled. Her music from 2006 sounds exactly like her music in 2017. It’s kind of cringeworthy.

Pink has an amazing voice and is quite talented in what she does on stage. That being said, her music hasn't been good since Funhouse in 2008. She basically started making reiterations of her previous songs with bland pop producers. She's gotten boring and predictable. The only thing she's done that was interesting since 2008 is the duo You + Me with Dallas Green (City and Colour) but I'm pretty sure they made only one album and didn't do much with it. 

xtina11 She is underrated, but she was pretty popular in the early-mid 2000s. Now she's "rated" fairly, I would say. Her current endeavors don't deserve any more interest than they're already getting. Do better, Pink, I say.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.