Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Most desperate Beyonce collaboration

Most desperate Beyonce collabo   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the most desperate

• Baby Boy (with Sean Paul)
    • Beautiful Liar (with Shakira)
    • Telephone/Video Phone (with Lady Gaga)
    • Mi Gente (with J Balvin and Willy William)
    • Perfect (with Ed Sheran)
    • Other

4 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Collaboration between them happened when both were coming from very successful POP eras (Beyonce from IASF and Gaga from TF). Where’s the kii?

Agree with the Ed Sheeran but what do you mean “at this time of her career”? You mean after 20 years and with actually giving no fucks about promoting her singles cause she’s mostly focusing on her albums recently?

Wasn't Beyonce crowned as the best performer of all time the last years? Isn't being loved as a goddess in USA now? Why she can't hit #1 alone at her peak? You can't deny that she's being more loved now than 10 years ago, right? And IASF wasn't that close in terms of success with TF. Gaga was topping the charts in WW scale. With singles and album. Plus her weird image was attracting even more attention.

SqaSGFV.gif

PS: I just noticed someone in her singles page on wikipedia, added Perfect in the "As lead artist" catergory.

SqaSGFV.gif

22 minutes ago, Philip said:

Check Maroon 5's chart positions and album sales right before MLJ. They helped each other ny12

But it's not like they were a flop before Xtina, or didn't achieve nothing, they already had a #1 song, I don't even listen to them but reading their wikipedia pages jj2 before Moves Like Jagger, "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" debuted on #1 with +400K ari7 something else is that they only released two albums before that, (2002, 2007) I'm not saying it kidna boosted each other, but they already had solid numbers, and they still do, Xtina don't rav3  

7 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

Wasn't Beyonce crowned as the best performer of all time the last years? Isn't being loved as a goddess in USA now? Why she can't hit #1 alone at her peak? You can't deny that she's being more loved now than 10 years ago, right? And IASF wasn't that close in terms of success with TF. Gaga was topping the charts in WW scale. With singles and album. Plus her weird image was attracting even more attention.

SqaSGFV.gif

PS: I just noticed someone in her singles page on wikipedia, added Perfect in the "As lead artist" catergory.

SqaSGFV.gif

In terms of record salees, Bey's peeak was in the 2000s. Not this decade. The fact that she can sill sell albums the way she does 21 years after her debut, while establishing herself as a top vocalist, performer and a global touring force is very impressive. aretha1

1 minute ago, Régine Filange said:

Wasn't Beyonce crowned as the best performer of all time the last years? Isn't being loved as a goddess in USA now? Why she can't hit #1 alone at her peak?

Yes but what it has to do with this thread? That “goddess” narrative is boring when Beyoncé herself wants to be excluded from it. Also commercial peak =/= artistic peak. Her latest solo lead Formation peaked at #10 with no effort from her side. It’s not a #1 but not every FOTP fave has that.

3 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

You can't deny that she's being more loved now than 10 years ago, right? And IASF wasn't that close in terms of success with TF. Gaga was topping the charts in WW scale. With singles and album. Plus her weird image was attracting even more attention.

I never said they were close in terms of success (“both were coming from very successful POP eras”) but still IASF was a successful era - Beyoncé was also topping the charts with singles and album whether you like it or not. IASF sold 9M copies WW and Halo is the most streamed song from 00s by a female artist. The Fame was Gaga’s commercial peak. My point that they were coming off from successful eras still stands so I am asking again: where’s the kii?

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Yes but what it has to do with this thread? That “goddess” narrative is boring when Beyoncé herself wants to be excluded from it. Also commercial peak =/= artistic peak. Her latest solo lead Formation peaked at #10 with no effort from her side. It’s not a #1 but not every FOTP fave has that.

Isn't just artistic peak. People praise her now more than 10 years ago and it's just clear, I still remember the overeaction after the Coachella performance this year.

3 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

I never said they were close in terms of success (“both were coming from very successful POP eras”) but still IASF was a successful era - Beyoncé was also topping the charts with singles and album whether you like it or not. IASF sold 9M copies WW and Halo is the most streamed song from 00s by a female artist. The Fame was Gaga’s commercial peak. My point that they were coming off from successful eras still stands so I am asking again: where’s the kii?

That she had to work with the hottest name in music twice. Why she had to include Lady Gaga out of nowhere in a remixed version of Video Phone, instead of releasing only the solo version of the album? The album version is solo, right? Now that i'm thinking about it, something similar happened with Perfect too.

6 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

Isn't just artistic peak. People praise her now more than 10 years ago and it's just clear, I still remember the overeaction after the Coachella performance this year.

She's not in her commercial peak and numbers don't lie. People might talk about her more nowadays but have you noticed that most of the time they mention her two latest releases (or sometimes she's being called "Single Ladies" or "Crazy In Love" singer by some media outlets). Reactions after her Coachella performance have nothing to do with commercial peak but rather with artistic peak by the way.

9 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

That she had to work with the hottest name in music twice. Why she had to include Lady Gaga out of nowhere in a remixed version of Video Phone, instead of releasing only the solo version of the album? The album version is solo, right? Now that i'm thinking about it, something similar happened with Perfect too.

Had to? She was asked as the song was originally wrote for Britney and Britney was asked first to be a feature. I think about it this way: Gaga jumped on the remix of Video Phone and Bey jumped on Telephone. Is that bad that two popular singers want to collab with each other? I think not.

Ed Sheeran also asked Beyonce to be featured on Perfect (his tweet said "I'm just basically gonna despacito Perfect") and she agreed.

BL , she used it to get a fast lil hit in Europe and it worked, its still her only #1 hit here in Germany

just bcs of Shakira ofc, Godkira is one of the best selling female artists here in germany with single and albums sales.

the Ed feat was tragic lol3 i love how the Ed solo version outsold it while the beyonce version fell down lol3

telephone is still her best selling single ww lol3

On 9/2/2018 at 10:49 PM, Philip said:

not with that avi/signature sis lol3 

or should we say Pretty Girls? lol3

What about Till The World Ends? lol3

S&M? lol3 

The only desperate attempt was Pretty Girls brit3

The Rihmix went number 1 thanks to her rih6

TTWE was a hit already long before the remix nicki4

G-Eazy was a newcomer during the creation of Make Me... brit13

37 minutes ago, dewlusional said:

A lie. He was known to the rap community and lowkey to GP too. For example: I Mean It (single from 2014 from the album that sold 1M copies) is certified 3x platinum and Me Myself & I was a huge hit so he wasn’t a “newcomer”

10 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

A lie. He was known to the rap community and lowkey to GP too. For example: I Mean It (single from 2014 from the album that sold 1M copies) is certified 3x platinum and Me Myself & I was a huge hit so he wasn’t a “newcomer”

To the GP he was still a newcomer. Me, Myself and I was his first hit lbr

4 minutes ago, dewlusional said:

To the GP he was still a newcomer. Me, Myself and I was his first hit lbr

He wasn't and I already said why. Before Glory even happened he released two successful albums (both of them platinum certified) and platinum singles. If something it was only desperate because Britney's team was expecting another MM&I-like hit.

4 hours ago, dewlusional said:

lol3 

4 hours ago, dewlusional said:

1. Remove 'only'.

2. Yeah, because Rihanna didn't have 9 #1s before that.

3. Where?

4. Yeah, because Britney was more relevant than Drake, Bey, Ari, Rih... in 2016. 

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

lol3 

We love failed attempts at trolling. lol3

1 hour ago, Rachel Green said:

1. Remove 'only'.

2. Yeah, because Rihanna didn't have 9 #1s before that.

3. Where?

4. Yeah, because Britney was more relevant than Drake, Bey, Ari, Rih... in 2016. 

We love failed attempts at trolling. lol3

K. J.Lo feat Pitbull fan. 

46 minutes ago, dewlusional said:

K. J.Lo feat Pitbull fan. 

Yes, I am a fan of a woman who is capable of outsinging and outdancing and is more relevant and talented than your fave nowadays, even though J.Lo is 12 years older than her. kii1 Now go watch Stiffney dancing and awfully lypsincing on her Piece of Me tour while I watch GodLo's snatching VMAs performance. kii1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.