Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Predict 'A Star Is Born' box office numbers

I've seen threads saying it will open with $35 - 55.000.000, some members are saying it will be a huuuge success etc. Post how big you think will be the gross of the movie. I don't know when a movie is considered a "success", but I know that the budget was $30.000.000.

tay6

I don't think it will gross more than $130.000.000 tbh (even this number is too big but kk). I'm not being biased, I just think that people will not care about the movie. Many movies with a similar plot have been released. Brandley Cooper isn't that big as an actor too, but hew knows.

giphy.gif

I really wanna come back in some months to see who was right and who overreacted.

tay4

middle aged white ladies love bradley cooper and gays love gaga, but the rest of the world loves comic book movies so Venom will probably win that weekend (they come out the same day). the #1 movie that same weekend last year was Blade Runner 2049, and it opened with 33m. i’ll aim high for gags and go with 50m. gaga1 

all of this is based on the US market because i’m an ignorant american and don’t pay attention to WW numbers bye

5 minutes ago, QUINN said:

middle aged white ladies love bradley cooper and gays love gaga, but the rest of the world loves comic book movies so Venom will probably win that weekend (they come out the same day). the #1 movie that same weekend last year was Blade Runner 2049, and it opened with 33m. i’ll aim high for gags and go with 50m. gaga1 

WHAT? Venom comes out the same week? fall9 Let me reduce the number to $80 - $90.000.000 then. fall9

Movie is considered as a success usually when it grosses x2 or x3 (and up) more than costs of production (budget, basically). Considering that only in an opening week it may gross $30M I think it will be a success ;)

16 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

WHAT? Venom comes out the same week? fall9 Let me reduce the number to $80 - $90.000.000 then. fall9

it will be truly shocking if it gets anywhere near 100M. blockbusters are barely making that these days in their opening weekends. there were only 7 movies in 2017 to break 100m their opening weekend, most of which were huge franchise movies. 

unless you mean overall in which case it could get there!

I think the 35 m estimate is a reach but as long as it makes over the budget, it'll be fine.

The Greatest Showman made 434 M, opened with 20

La La Land made 446, opened with 880,000, 30 m budget

If it has longevity, which i think it will, especially being holiday season, it'll snatch real numbers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.