Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Royale

No Angel is still the BEST song on Self-Titled!

5 minutes ago, Merryem said:

NO MELODY THE BEST SONG ON ST lmfao2 

haunted, partition/yonce, blow, flawless sweeties im SO sorry

I mean, you disagree, fine. But coming up with Flawless? Now sweetie, I AM the one who is sorry. rip3 

1 minute ago, Royale said:

I mean, you disagree, fine. But coming up with Flawless? Now sweetie, I AM the one who is sorry. rip3 

flawless spawned a cultural phenomenon and is still a staple in her live performances and discography today sass1 no angel spawned a few youtube covers sass1 

If there's candles near your bed, no need for a spell
Stop acting so scared, just do what I tell
First go through my legs, go back on your head
And whatever you want, yeah baby I'll bet it comes true

5 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Seems like they only sound good when they do backing vocals for each other (I Miss You, P+W) and not features per se ny1

Ivy, Nights, Self Control, Solo, Nikes, Seigfried, oprah2 an ALBUM

The taste jumped out! whit1 Now that we're discussing Frank, do you prefer Blonde over Channel Orange or what? oprah12 

1 minute ago, Royale said:

The taste jumped out! whit1 Now that we're discussing Frank, do you prefer Blonde over Channel Orange or what? oprah12 

nostalgia, ULTRA tbh oprah13 jj5 

Both albums are phenomenal and they are both for different occasions, both genius but in different ways. Blonde and Endless perfectly captivate loneliness, melancholy and are a perfect mixture of different genres that make them one of a kind experience - eclectic and boundary pushing albums. Speaking of Blonde I don't think I've ever listened to such album considering that no one before took this sort of approach on r&b music. When it comes to Endless - the easiest way to describe it is that within some time people are going to call this album a classic like some already are calling Blonde an instant classic.

channel ORANGE has everything. Great hooks, catchy beats, funk, soul, jazz and r&b and is definitely not one of those albums to calm yourself down after stressful day at work or shit like that.

Tbh I kinda feel like Blonde and cO are kinda similiar in some ways too - just Blonde is cO's more experimental, braver sister (sonically at least). Still have an unconditional love for both projects.

7 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Both albums are phenomenal and they are both for different occasions, both genius but in different ways. Blonde and Endless perfectly captivate loneliness, melancholy and are a perfect mixture of different genres that make them one of a kind experience - eclectic and boundary pushing albums. Speaking of Blonde I don't think I've ever listened to such album considering that no one before took this sort of approach on r&b music. When it comes to Endless - the easiest way to describe it is that within some time people are going to call this album a classic like some already are calling Blonde an instant classic.

channel ORANGE has everything. Great hooks, catchy beats, funk, soul, jazz and r&b and is definitely not one of those albums to calm yourself down after stressful day at work or shit like that.

Tbh I kinda feel like Blonde and cO are kinda similiar in some ways too - just Blonde is cO's more experimental, braver sister (sonically at least). Still have an unconditional love for both projects.

Haven't listened to Nostalgia, Ultra yet, and haven't listened to all songs from Endless. giveup1 I mostly use those two albums (cO/B). About Nostalgia, Ultra; I see that it's a pretty short album so I'm definitely giving this a try some time!

Agree with you, that's why I loved this album (Blonde) and my most used Frank album. But, ngl, at first it was hard to get into his music because it was the first album of his I listened to. Then I listened to cO and it was a much easier listen for a new listener, which helped me to get into Blonde more. giveup1 Did you have to get through that as well, or did you automatically click with his music well at first listen?

8 minutes ago, Royale said:

Haven't listened to Nostalgia, Ultra yet, and haven't listened to all songs from Endless. giveup1 I mostly use those two albums (cO/B). About Nostalgia, Ultra; I see that it's a pretty short album so I'm definitely giving this a try some time!

Agree with you, that's why I loved this album (Blonde) and my most used Frank album. But, ngl, at first it was hard to get into his music because it was the first album of his I listened to. Then I listened to cO and it was a much easier listen for a new listener, which helped me to get into Blonde more. giveup1 Did you have to get through that as well, or did you automatically click with his music well at first listen?

nostalgia ultra is a great mixtape, give it a go! clap2  Endless is also a great project but to get the full experience it's good to listen to that before Blonde. If you will have any troubles getting these - DM me ;)

Not gonna lie - it felt different for the first time, after listening to his other projects (and endless day before!!!!)  but some songs clicked with me instantly like Nikes, Nights or Pink+White. I needed some time to fully love the entire album.

On 9/11/2018 at 9:30 PM, Urbanov said:

@Jjang omg look at that essay

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.