Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Philip

Why can't Xtina sing in 2018

seeing some intentional growl comments in the thread... there are legends who have been growling for years and their voice is very well intact. a good technique gives your voice freedom to do that and unfortunately her technique is horrendous, the low glottal thing she does to make her voice seem 'big' is so unpleasant and unhealthy honestly which is very sad since her normal singing voice is so pretty 

3 minutes ago, Sylk said:

seeing some intentional growl comments in the thread... there are legends who have been growling for years and their voice is very well intact. a good technique gives your voice freedom to do that and unfortunately her technique is horrendous, the low glottal thing she does to make her voice seem 'big' is so unpleasant and unhealthy honestly which is very sad since her normal singing voice is so pretty 

because other "legends" growling was natural orangu1 she did this to herself by forcing something that her voice doesn't naturally do, wbkoprah14 

she still has a beautiful tone and im lowkey said she keeps forcing the "screaming", im over it

Just now, Philip said:

because other "legends" growling was natural orangu1 she did this to herself by forcing something that her voice doesn't naturally do, wbkoprah14 

she still has a beautiful tone and im lowkey said she keeps forcing the "screaming", im over it

growling isn't exactly natural, but you can do it in a healthy way! A best example is Beyonce! sia1 

tea omg sometimes it works in songs like Fighter but other times...  mad2 

Just now, Sylk said:

growling isn't exactly natural, but you can do it in a healthy way! A best example is Beyonce! sia1 

tea omg sometimes it works in songs like Fighter but other times...  mad2 

Yeah I know, and Xtina's growls are amazing too (carpool karaoke when she shows Corden).

I'm talking about straining she does when she's belting, and she actually started doing those on purpose when she covered Etta's songs during Burlesque, and it kind of stuck with ha ass and now we get second part of FIL performances lol3 

2 hours ago, Philip said:

She didn't always strain lol, and when she did it was intentional, especially around the Burlesque era.

It seems as if all that intentional straining she has been doing took a toll on her voice and now she can't even belt like she used to.

Poor dat 

She strained since day 1. She has had the same bad belting technique since the beginning in that she belts with nearly all chest instead of mixing, and that basically puts so much pressure on the vocal cords and moves the sound into the throat... hence her signature rasp. She sounded better in the beginning because her voice was less damaged and could handle the extra pressure.

The GP loves the sound of a chesty belt, and in the beginning that’s what Xtina did. We all know her natural tone was beautiful, but imo what happened was that she got so much acclaim for her voice in the beginning that she never felt the need to learn proper technique that would protect it... and now you can see the toll that screaming takes on the voice over time.

4 hours ago, Sylk said:

SCREAMING at a Mariah fan in 2018 criticing Xtina’s vocal techniques ny4 

4 hours ago, Nihilego said:

She strained since day 1. She has had the same bad belting technique since the beginning in that she belts with nearly all chest instead of mixing, and that basically puts so much pressure on the vocal cords and moves the sound into the throat... hence her signature rasp. She sounded better in the beginning because her voice was less damaged and could handle the extra pressure.

The GP loves the sound of a chesty belt, and in the beginning that’s what Xtina did. We all know her natural tone was beautiful, but imo what happened was that she got so much acclaim for her voice in the beginning that she never felt the need to learn proper technique that would protect it... and now you can see the toll that screaming takes on the voice over time.

No moo12 

She was flawless up until middle Bionic promo, and then Burlesque, etc moo12 

3 hours ago, Agugaga said:

SCREAMING at a Mariah fan in 2018 criticing Xtina’s vocal techniques ny4 

Well this is what the thread was about.... Stop trying to create pointless stan wars. ew2

1 hour ago, Philip said:

No moo12 

To me it was around the Move Like Jagger period that her belts started to go. Xtina's voice really confuses me. I've always felt she was gifted with a great voice but didn't know how to use it properly. The B2B era vocally slayed for me. He recent performances are just hard to watch, you can feel the strain.  xtina10

I wish she would focus more on her head voice. It's so beautiful. 

1 hour ago, Philip said:

No moo12 

You’re just... wrong. ari9 Sorry. Her technique is not really an argument. I didn’t say she sounded bad, she just sang improperly and is suffering now.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.