Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Galaxy

Kesha | Here Comes The Change | 19 September, 2018

1 minute ago, Chris Morlock said:

you said 

kesha8 

HCtC, it got boring for me after 2 listens and got boring for Okan after 5, not a big difference ari2 Going back to listening to Body Talks, bye girls kesha11

Stop comparing Body Talks and HCTC, they’re the 2 most different songs ever fall2  And one was intended for a soundtrack and one was intended for the radio fall2 

14 minutes ago, Dan said:

Stop comparing Body Talks and HCTC, they’re the 2 most different songs ever fall2  And one was intended for a soundtrack and one was intended for the radio fall2 

I'm not comparing them kesha5 I thought Chris thought that I hate Body Talks but it's one of my faves. 

I finally got to listen the song. Wasn't sure what to expect when it comes to melody, since somehow we all expected empowering lyrical content. 

It is a good song, I love mellow, relaxing harmonies, her vocals are raw, strong. I enjoy it. Not sure how will I feel about it later on, but I will continue playing it for time coming. 

Also, not surprised or disappointed it is for a movie's soundtrack. We can now look forward more to her new album material. 

1 hour ago, Ghostface said:

I finally got to listen the song. Wasn't sure what to expect when it comes to melody, since somehow we all expected empowering lyrical content. 

It is a good song, I love mellow, relaxing harmonies, her vocals are raw, strong. I enjoy it. Not sure how will I feel about it later on, but I will continue playing it for time coming. 

Also, not surprised or disappointed it is for a movie's soundtrack. We can now look forward more to her new album material. 

we were thinking this was the lead or had a double promo as the lead/soundtrack single so many of us were disappointed kesha8 

2 hours ago, Recycled stardust said:

I was wondering: what does it mean register to vote? in US you should register to vote when you reach a certain age or every x years or what?

Once a US citizen turns 18, they're eligible to vote in all federal, state and local elections. Any citizen age 18 or older can register at a variety of locations, including offices of the Department of Motor Vehicles, schools and libraries, or by mailing in a form to a state office. A few states also offer online registration, but it'll be a few years before that becomes widely available. Some states also allow same-day voter registration, which allows anyone who is eligible to vote to register at a polling location and vote immediately after. Registration laws also vary widely, with some states removing registered voters from the rolls if they don't vote for five years, others keeping registrations active in perpetuity and a bunch of other possibilities between those.

There are some other limitations, but they're more secondary.

Felons currently serving a prison sentence are not given the right to vote in 48 of 50 states. 2 of those 48 states go a step further and ban anyone with a felony conviction from registering to vote in perpetuity, unless their right to vote is specifically returned by an act of the state government.

Many states require a citizen to reside in the state for a certain period of time before they are able to register to vote in that state. This period is federally mandated to a degree, but varies by state. The residency requirement cannot exceed 50 days and in most places, is set at 30 days.

About 30 states have laws that allow for a person who is "mentally incompetent" to have their ability to vote taken away. This is decided on a case-by-case basis and has to be handed down by a court of law, so there's no blanket discrimination against people with disabilities.

Non-citizen residents of the US are given the right to vote in local (and occasionally state) elections in some jurisdictions. However, non-citizens are prohibited by law from registering to vote in federal elections.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.