Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

johnny1248

hot take: the reputation era has been a mess

This reminds me of battlegrounds but then from a wise perspectivejj2

I think we only can decide how the era was if it is about to end. Getaway Car could be released during the AMA'S and if it becomes one of the biggest hits of 2018, we won't complain about the era anymorejj2 If it flops, I might unstan the era as welltay5 Sonically, I Did Something Bad BLASTS and it would be another Blank Space but then biggertea2 I might also consider unstanning if Don't Blame Me doesn't get performed at the Grammy Awards. I mean...lana6

I have to say, Delicate saved the era. The first three singles failed to chart more than 20 weeks but Delicate is at #25 after 27 weeks, which is more than We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Wildest Dreams, I Don't Wanna Live Forever and Minemad4 It hit #1 on US Pop radio, HAC, Adult Contemporary Songs and Adult Pop Songs and it peaked at #12. 

You could say the era is a mess but it's still the most successfull era in overall since Anti by Rihanna or even 25 by Adelemad6

20 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

This reminds me of battlegrounds but then from a wise perspectivejj2

I think we only can decide how the era was if it is about to end. Getaway Car could be released during the AMA'S and if it becomes one of the biggest hits of 2018, we won't complain about the era anymorejj2 If it flops, I might unstan the era as welltay5 Sonically, I Did Something Bad BLASTS and it would be another Blank Space but then biggertea2 I might also consider unstanning if Don't Blame Me doesn't get performed at the Grammy Awards. I mean...lana6

I have to say, Delicate saved the era. The first three singles failed to chart more than 20 weeks but Delicate is at #25 after 27 weeks, which is more than We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Wildest Dreams, I Don't Wanna Live Forever and Minemad4 It hit #1 on US Pop radio, HAC, Adult Contemporary Songs and Adult Pop Songs and it peaked at #12. 

You could say the era is a mess but it's still the most successfull era in overall since Anti by Rihanna or even 25 by Adelemad6

Well.............i wasn't saying that the era has been a mess ''commercially''. The album and the singles did pretty well but at the same time, the promo rollout has been tragic and also Taylor's habit of attending award shows has been lacking except the time when she attended the Billboard Music Awards last May.

On 9/16/2018 at 12:01 AM, attitude said:

She chose to sit this era out and she still sold a bunch of albums and made a ton of money. She really keeps winning regardless.

w9gKN1M.png

Yeah but people didn't sign up for an era where Taylor stays silent. People signed up cause we expected promo, award shows appearances and live tv performances. 

What i'm about to say will get lads pressed but i couldn't care any less. The reputation era is honestly probably WORSE than Katy Perry's Witness era and Ariana Grande's Dangerous Woman era. Say what you will about Witness and Dangerous Woman, but AT LEAST Katy Perry and Ariana Grande actually DID some promo and attended some award shows. As for the rep era..................NOTHING HAPPENED!!! Yeah, sure it was far more commercially successful than Witness and DW but that's just about it. The era was BORING, miserable and infuriating beyond comprehension. Taylor did absolutely NOTHING with the singles, sat home, went silent and did no promo whatsoever. To make matters worse, Taylor released the Swift Life and PROMISED that the fans can contact with Taylor but it NEVER HAPPENED.

To add, at least Katy and Ariana didn't have the stupid Ticketmaster Verified Fan which asked the fans to empty their wallets by buying merchandise as a way to ''increase the chances of getting tickets''. It was such a greedy marketing move from Taylor's label and i have NO IDEA why the bloody hell she went along with it. As if that was not bad enough, only 5% OF VERIFIED FANS got the chance to buy tickets for the tour.  ''why do you care? at least the tour is breaking attendance records'' because swifties are willing to eat things up quickly. On the other hand, I AM A SWIFTIE FROM ATHENS, GREECE FFS, i am coming from a nation which suffers a massive economic crisis and yet her tickets are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. Because of this, i couldn't afford to go see her in London. 

5 hours ago, johnny1248 said:

What i'm about to say will get lads pressed but i couldn't care any less. The reputation era is honestly probably WORSE than Katy Perry's Witness era and Ariana Grande's Dangerous Woman era. Say what you will about Witness and Dangerous Woman, but AT LEAST Katy Perry and Ariana Grande actually DID some promo and attended some award shows. As for the rep era..................NOTHING HAPPENED!!! Yeah, sure it was far more commercially successful than Witness and DW but that's just about it. The era was BORING, miserable and infuriating beyond comprehension. Taylor did absolutely NOTHING with the singles, sat home, went silent and did no promo whatsoever. To make matters worse, Taylor released the Swift Life and PROMISED that the fans can contact with Taylor but it NEVER HAPPENED.

To add, at least Katy and Ariana didn't have the stupid Ticketmaster Verified Fan which asked the fans to empty their wallets by buying merchandise as a way to ''increase the chances of getting tickets''. It was such a greedy marketing move from Taylor's label and i have NO IDEA why the bloody hell she went along with it. As if that was not bad enough, only 5% OF VERIFIED FANS got the chance to buy tickets for the tour.  ''why do you care? at least the tour is breaking attendance records'' because swifties are willing to eat things up quickly. On the other hand, I AM A SWIFTIE FROM ATHENS, GREECE FFS, i am coming from a nation which suffers a massive economic crisis and yet her tickets are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. Because of this, i couldn't afford to go see her in London. 

But you know that's basically the whole point of this era. This era is like a throw away era to reclaim her thrown yet managed to outsell many A-list musicians since 2016tay6 The girl really knows what she's doing and TS7 will be epic and probably bigger than 1989. We will be SERVED by promotion and Taylor will outsell Beyoncébey2

21 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

But you know that's basically the whole point of this era. This era is like a throw away era to reclaim her thrown yet managed to outsell many A-list musicians since 2016tay6 The girl really knows what she's doing and TS7 will be epic and probably bigger than 1989. We will be SERVED by promotion and Taylor will outsell Beyoncébey2

Yeah but why make a throw away era? It's very clear that she suffered a massive public fallout in 2016 and everybody thought that she was ''cancelled''. For that regard, the rep era was gonna be the comeback era, in other words, the comeback era to end all comeback eras. because of that, millions of swifties expected a lot from this era and so did i. But what did she do? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This was essentially a comeback without making a comeback. Not to mention her fan interactions were non existent compared to her previous eras. 

2 minutes ago, johnny1248 said:

Yeah but why make a throw away era? It's very clear that she suffered a massive public fallout in 2016 and everybody thought that she was ''cancelled''. For that regard, the rep era was gonna be the comeback era, in other words, the comeback era to end all comeback eras. because of that, millions of swifties expected a lot from this era and so did i. But what did she do? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This was essentially a comeback without making a comeback. Not to mention her fan interactions were non existent compared to her previous eras. 

Maybe TS7 will be her real comeback era. This era is just for the people with good taste and beefs with other kids and want to express their feelings with the revenge gemjj2

21 hours ago, Littleswiftie said:

Maybe TS7 will be her real comeback era. This era is just for the people with good taste and beefs with other kids and want to express their feelings with the revenge gemjj2

The rep era NEVER needed to pander to only her fanatics. There are many fans who expected a REAL comeback. If you're not comfortable enough to come back to the spotlight then why start it in August 2017 in the first place? Just because ''its for the fans'' it doesn't excuse as to why the era had to be silent, lowkey and BORING. Her previous eras managed to bring new fans because taylor was willing to promote and many people got the chance to hear her albums. Let's be honest with ourselves, how many new fans did the rep era bring? Yeah............in fact fairly few to almost none, because taylor was doing absolutely nothing and to make even matters worse, many people forgot that she released new material because of the lowkey nature of the era. I'm not making this up. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.