Jump to content

hot take: the reputation era has been a mess

Recommended Posts

  If Taylor Swift decides to have the TS7 era to be as lowkey as the rep era then i'm sorry lads but i'm not gonna be here for it. NO FAM, there's reason for me to keep on waiting and getting excited every 2-3 years only to be let down. Things have limits. I love Taylor to pieces but the rep era was a DISASTER (not commercially obviously), and she should take the fan criticism by heart. Not because i'm being negative, it's because of feedback in order for things to get better in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I hate is the long gap between Delicate and the next single and that the first singles were released too near to each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2018 at 6:15 PM, johnny1248 said:

As for the album itself, it was a mess. The problem was not necessarily her lyrics or her message. Her lyrics are pretty good and i find the idea of being with the right people despite having a big reputation as a pretty interesting concept, but the production didn't do her any favors as she mostly opted to follow the formula of generic trap pop music that has plagued the music industry since 2016. Half the time is GARBAGE (songs like I Did Something Bad, This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, Look What You Made Me Do, End Game, Ready For It, So It Goes) and half the time is really good (Delicate, Getaway Car, Call It What You Want, King Of My Heart, Gorgeous, Dress). I understand that people find I Did Something Bad as ''single worthy'' because it's a bop but for me, it's generic trap pop as it gets and it's an insult to her discography. Good grief......that song feels like a Post Malone reject. 

Stopped reading right there. lol3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew she wasn't going to do anything when she said "There will be no further explanation. There will be just reputation." And I think it was a wise decision. I just wish she and her team would choose the right singles. The Reputation era would be much more successful if they choose different songs as singles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sas said:

I knew she wasn't going to do anything when she said "There will be no further explanation. There will be just reputation." And I think it was a wise decision. I just wish she and her team would choose the right singles. The Reputation era would be much more successful if they choose different songs as singles.

Fair enough but it came at the cost of an exciting era. Many fans have made their feelings about how boring the era has been. You know that your comeback era is an epic fail when the tour and her BBMAs appearance are the only exciting moments from the era. It should have been an era where Taylor snatches wigs left and right with great singles, proper promo and wig snatching award show appearances. None of that happened. "The media was gonna call her out if she came out of the spotlight again' what happened to the "if a man talks shit, i owe him nothing"? Doesn't Taylor have a big enough fanbase to defend her to death?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sas said:

I knew she wasn't going to do anything when she said "There will be no further explanation. There will be just reputation." And I think it was a wise decision. I just wish she and her team would choose the right singles. The Reputation era would be much more successful if they choose different songs as singles.

I still have high hopes for TS7 era though, because she seems much more comfortable being on the spotlight ever since her appearance at the BBMAs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sas said:

I knew she wasn't going to do anything when she said "There will be no further explanation. There will be just reputation." And I think it was a wise decision. I just wish she and her team would choose the right singles. The Reputation era would be much more successful if they choose different songs as singles.

 What's even more absurd and mind boggling is the fact that her label decided to book a performance for Taylor Swift at the stupid comedy show SNL (November 11th) instead kf the MTV EMAs (November 12th), where she was nominated for 6 AWARDS and they were in London. Thanks to them, Taylor lost all 6 of her awards to a so called artist named "Shawn Mendes". They could have done that SNL performance around September or even October. That's how bad her promo rollout has been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnny1248 said:

Fair enough but it came at the cost of an exciting era. Many fans have made their feelings about how boring the era has been. You know that your comeback era is an epic fail when the tour and her BBMAs appearance are the only exciting moments from the era. It should have been an era where Taylor snatches wigs left and right with great singles, proper promo and wig snatching award show appearances. None of that happened. "The media was gonna call her out if she came out of the spotlight again' what happened to the "if a man talks shit, i owe him nothing"? Doesn't Taylor have a big enough fanbase to defend her to death?

For the long run a low-key era is great. She can snatch wigs with TS7 again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnny1248 said:

I still have high hopes for TS7 era though, because she seems much more comfortable being on the spotlight ever since her appearance at the BBMAs.

I think she will continue to be more private. We will never get a 1989 era again. But let's hope she will promote TS7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnny1248 said:

 What's even more absurd and mind boggling is the fact that her label decided to book a performance for Taylor Swift at the stupid comedy show SNL (November 11th) instead kf the MTV EMAs (November 12th), where she was nominated for 6 AWARDS and they were in London. Thanks to them, Taylor lost all 6 of her awards to a so called artist named "Shawn Mendes". They could have done that SNL performance around September or even October. That's how bad her promo rollout has been.

I don't think she will go to the MTV EMAs ever again. For her MTV EMAs = drama, and she doesn't want that anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sas said:

I don't think she will go to the MTV EMAs ever again. For her MTV EMAs = drama, and she doesn't want that anymore.

Why would there be drama again? Taylor went to the BBMAs last May and there was BARELY any drama. For the record, i'm talking about the EMAs, not the VMAs (ya know when Kanye interrupted her in 2009). Taylor attended only once at the EMAs and they were in 2012 in Frankfurt. She could have attended in 2014 in Glasgow but she couldn't do it because her brother had a theatrical play and also couldn't last year because her label thought it was somehow a ''better'' idea to perform on SNL instead. At this point, she supposedly doesn't care about people calling her out, and even if that happens, the fans will ALWAYS be there for her and THAT'S what matters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sas said:

I think she will continue to be more private. We will never get a 1989 era again. But let's hope she will promote TS7.

She can be private but don't forget to make an exciting era as well. Me and SURELY most swifties don't want TS7 to be just like the rep era. We want Taylor to do proper promo this time around and attend many award shows. Remember what Taylor said, ''if a man talks shit, then i owe him nothing''. I say that in case the media start to call her out again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sas said:

For the long run a low-key era is great. She can snatch wigs with TS7 again.

  Well, a low-key era can be good for the artist him/herself but on the other hand it can be boring for the fans. The fans wait for so many years getting excited and hopeful and what they get treated is a low-key era where NOTHING happens. Considering Taylor's standards, it was a shocking era. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sas said:

I don't think she will go to the MTV EMAs ever again. For her MTV EMAs = drama, and she doesn't want that anymore.

If the MTV EMAs equate drama, then the Billboard Awards should have been excuse for Taylor to attend but it never happened and she attended in the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sas said:

I don't think she will go to the MTV EMAs ever again. For her MTV EMAs = drama, and she doesn't want that anymore.

I mean, if you get nominated at popular fan voted award shows like the VMAs, EMAs and BBMAs, she should be attending if she has a free schedule. The fans vote their socks off for her, they want her to attend and she should be delivering the goods. 

 

Besides, the Billboard awards are supposedly bigger than the MTV EMAs, so why didn't she skip it because of ''drama''?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DW said:

I only care about the music and that I can still buy her CDs in 20+ years alex1

Fair enough. I do want a good album and good single but at the same time, a good musical era is just as important, if not more, than a good album. An era is supposed to be the times where this artists manages to do some proper promo, impress their fans, bring new ones, and deliver the goods. Taylor ,managed to do that with the Fearless, Speak Now, Red and 1989 eras. The 1989 era in particular managed to bring many new fans.  What did the reputation era offer exactly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, johnny1248 said:

Fair enough. I do want a good album and good single but at the same time, a good musical era is just as important, if not more, than a good album. An era is supposed to be the times where this artists manages to do some proper promo, impress their fans, bring new ones, and deliver the goods. Taylor ,managed to do that with the Fearless, Speak Now, Red and 1989 eras. The 1989 era in particular managed to bring many new fans.  What did the reputation era offer exactly? 

Looks, performances and happiness. I'm happy that she went back to Spotify and did not delete everything again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DW said:

Looks, performances and happiness. I'm happy that she went back to Spotify and did not delete everything again.

The only looks we got was from the candids and also the BBMAs. 

Performances? Barely any outside from SNL and also the upcoming AMAs performance. Tour doesn't count cause i don't give a damn about the tour since i couldn't manage to see her in London. 

Happiness? Good for her. It's really a good thing that she is in a good phase of her life but many swifties have made it clear that they are let down by the rep era. Myself included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×