Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Is Cardi a solo one hit wonder?

Is Cardi a solo one hit wonder?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is "Bodak Yellow" Cardi's only solo hit?

• Yes
    • No, "I Like It" is also a solo if you skip over the spanish parts

Bodak Yellow #1

No Limit #4

MotorSport #6

Bartier Cardi #14

Finesse #3

Be Careful #11

I Like It #1

Girls Like You #2

girl snatched so many HITS this era and most of them because SHE was featured, literally every fave is shaking (especially that one that jumps on hundreds collabs but 95% of them are flopping) but cute attempt though

The whole “solo” thing is stupid. You lump anything that’s not ONLY her on her album in the same category as “features.” um1 

“I Like It” is from CARDI’S studio album, so it’s a #1 as the MAIN artist. Still counts as two #1’s from one album where she’s the lead. (Whereas her Maroon 5 feature would be counted as a FEATURE hit, not a MAIN hit)

Let’s not pretend that IF Nicki had a #1 that it would be a solo hit. Even IF Anaconda would’ve hit #1, 80% of the song is Sir Mix-A-Lot, so the same logic you apply to “I Like It” would apply there too. nat1 

Sadly Nicki doesn’t have a #1 so it can’t even compete. rav2 

15 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Bodak Yellow #1

No Limit #4

MotorSport #6

Bartier Cardi #14

Finesse #3

Be Careful #11

I Like It #1

Girls Like You #2

girl snatched so many HITS this era and most of them because SHE was featured, literally every fave is shaking (especially that one that jumps on hundreds collabs but 95% of them are flopping) but cute attempt though

13 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

The whole “solo” thing is stupid. You lump anything that’s not ONLY her on her album in the same category as “features.” um1 

“I Like It” is from CARDI’S studio album, so it’s a #1 as the MAIN artist. Still counts as two #1’s from one album where she’s the lead. (Whereas her Maroon 5 feature would be counted as a FEATURE hit, not a MAIN hit)

Let’s not pretend that IF Nicki had a #1 that it would be a solo hit. Even IF Anaconda would’ve hit #1, 80% of the song is Sir Mix-A-Lot, so the same logic you apply to “I Like It” would apply there too. nat1 

We love people with some sense oprah14 

45 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Her debut album should’ve dropped during the holidays last year. The fact that she pushed it that far is kinda telling of her rather slow output. And the way they handled “Bartier Cardi” was really messy. 

Well it obviously didn’t harm the sis sales. She still is one of the top selling hip hop artists. 

Bodak Yellow the only thing about her actual career as a rapper she’s going to be remembered for. 

The feud with Nicki and a million forgettable features don’t count—and that goes for Nicki too.  

1 hour ago, Umbreon said:

But two other artists are credited with equal billing on “I like It,” whereas Nicki is only credited on “Anaconda?” brit4 If ur using that logic that sir mix a lot is mostly on the song then we can say the same thing about the original singers of “I like It like that” being all over “I like it?” oprah14 

Sometimes you make no fucking sense sis. So you just admitted that not only is Cardi drowned out by 2 other leads, but she’s also overshadowed by the dominant sample on the song. Oop. ny1. So once again, such little Cardi “on her own song,” which was my whole point. You tried it tho. aretha1  

And anyway my whole point is, regardless if it’s on her album, “I like It” is NOT a standout for her and she shares the lead with 2 other artists. It’s not like this is Cardi featuring whatever, she literally starts the song and then the other 2 take over for the remaining 3 minutes, so what’s good? Even  Nicki’s part on “FeFe” is more commanding than Cardi’s part on “I like It”

32 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

“I like It” is NOT a standout for her

That’s a cute opinion literally no one shares yet you keep repeating it, special Edward.

Much of the general public know every god damn line of that FIRST verse that opens the track. Step out on a Friday night and witness it yourself. 

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

It’s very clear that Cardi is the main artist on I Like It. Let’s see if most people can name the others that are featured. 

Exactly, and she sings the first verse and the chorus. You have to make it nearly halfway through the song before hearing anyone else. The self-convincing going on by these bum bitches is hilarious. 

22 minutes ago, harry said:

That’s a cute opinion literally no one shares yet you keep repeating it, special Edward.

Much of the general public know every god damn line of that FIRST verse that opens the track. Step out on a Friday night and witness it yourself. 

“Pa pa pa pa razzi like I’m Lady Gaga” is the only line I remember to be honest brit4 

2 hours ago, Agugaga said:

But two other artists are credited with equal billing on “I like It,” whereas Nicki is only credited on “Anaconda?” brit4 If ur using that logic that sir mix a lot is mostly on the song then we can say the same thing about the original singers of “I like It like that” being all over “I like it?” oprah14 

Sometimes you make no fucking sense sis. So you just admitted that not only is Cardi drowned out by 2 other leads, but she’s also overshadowed by the dominant sample on the song. Oop. ny1. So once again, such little Cardi “on her own song,” which was my whole point. You tried it tho. aretha1  

And anyway my whole point is, regardless if it’s on her album, “I like It” is NOT a standout for her and she shares the lead with 2 other artists. It’s not like this is Cardi featuring whatever, she literally starts the song and then the other 2 take over for the remaining 3 minutes, so what’s good? Even  Nicki’s part on “FeFe” is more commanding than Cardi’s part on “I like It”

Nicki is only credited on Anaconda when she should’ve credited Sir Mix-a-Lot because the majority of the song is him. Cardi is charitable and gives people recognition instead of leaving their names off. sass1 

Thats an OPINION that I Like It is not a stand-out... to YOU. It was a huge summer hit so the GP has proved you wrong on that. sass1 

Again, your opinion that Nicki is more commanding on a song than Cardi. It’s so weird how the majority of the things you say are opinion and not fact. oprah3 

Its funny how people think an artist is done in their first year. She has six Top 10’s in her first year and two of those are #1. I think the good sis is fine. nat2 

3 hours ago, Umbreon said:

Nicki is only credited on Anaconda when she should’ve credited Sir Mix-a-Lot because the majority of the song is him. Cardi is charitable and gives people recognition instead of leaving their names off. sass1 

Thats an OPINION that I Like It is not a stand-out... to YOU. It was a huge summer hit so the GP has proved you wrong on that. sass1 

Again, your opinion that Nicki is more commanding on a song than Cardi. It’s so weird how the majority of the things you say are opinion and not fact. oprah3 

Its funny how people think an artist is done in their first year. She has six Top 10’s in her first year and two of those are #1. I think the good sis is fine. nat2 

But when did I say she was done? oprah8 

All I pointed out was a fact...that Cardi only has 1 solo hit oprah8 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.