Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Gabe.

Rosalía | El Mal Querer | November 2nd, 2018

5 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

nat1 lol 

clap2 i told you she's destined to be a huge force and so it will be. i give it a year, give or take a few more months 

alex1

first comes the acclaim; her debut album was also really well received even though not on this huge scale. then comes the latin smash (Malamente) that truly gets her name out in Spanish speaking territories. then comes an incredible album (and some great performances) that doesn't stray that far from her identity as an artist, with major critical acclaim worldwide. clap2 my next guess would be either a feature on a very popular act's song either push El Mal Querer like crazy in the Anglo world which as good as the album is, it's a little risky. i think the feature is easier to get so it remains to be seen.

4 hours ago, Gabe. said:

clap2 i told you she's destined to be a huge force and so it will be. i give it a year, give or take a few more months 

alex1

first comes the acclaim; her debut album was also really well received even though not on this huge scale. then comes the latin smash (Malamente) that truly gets her name out in Spanish speaking territories. then comes an incredible album (and some great performances) that doesn't stray that far from her identity as an artist, with major critical acclaim worldwide. clap2 my next guess would be either a feature on a very popular act's song either push El Mal Querer like crazy in the Anglo world which as good as the album is, it's a little risky. i think the feature is easier to get so it remains to be seen.

Well, we will see. Personally I see her career trajectory being similar to Anitta’s dead1 

This chick has to be the most emerging spanish artist I've ever seen. I know we have David Bisbal as well, but she is more into creating pieces of art and deep meanings. I don't even like her music because it's not my style but she sure deserves success. I like her artistry vision and visuals. She is a breath of fresh air here in Spain, since almost 90% of the artists here do the same genre. She is just different, good for her.

On 11/15/2018 at 2:01 PM, BlueBalls said:

This chick has to be the most emerging spanish artist I've ever seen. I know we have David Bisbal as well, but she is more into creating pieces of art and deep meanings. I don't even like her music because it's not my style but she sure deserves success. I like her artistry vision and visuals. She is a breath of fresh air here in Spain, since almost 90% of the artists here do the same genre. She is just different, good for her.

i was looking forward for another Spaniard's opinion as i've been reading a lot of articles on her from Spanish media. is she overexposed there?

37 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

i was looking forward for another Spaniard's opinion as i've been reading a lot of articles on her from Spanish media. is she overexposed there?

She is starting to get really big, especially on spotify. Her target audience it's something between 16-35. Young people basically. But she is getting a lot of press here. She is the new sensation. Her album debuted at #2 only because there were album signings of "Operacion Triunfo" (TV show similar to American Idol) and all those little kids live for the contestants right now (we'll see in 6 months). But it wouldn't surprise me at all if she gets #1 tomorrow in her second week.

17 hours ago, BlueBalls said:

She is starting to get really big, especially on spotify. Her target audience it's something between 16-35. Young people basically. But she is getting a lot of press here. She is the new sensation. Her album debuted at #2 only because there were album signings of "Operacion Triunfo" (TV show similar to American Idol) and all those little kids live for the contestants right now (we'll see in 6 months). But it wouldn't surprise me at all if she gets #1 tomorrow in her second week.

yea i saw El Mal Querer debuted at #2 despite breaking several records on streaming, then i found out the Spanish album charts ignore streaming altogether. xtina1 big injustice.

2 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

yea i saw El Mal Querer debuted at #2 despite breaking several records on streaming, then i found out the Spanish album charts ignore streaming altogether. xtina1 big injustice.

It is #1 this week on pure sales though. Streaming will definitely be part of the official charts next year I guess. 2020 at most. But it has its positive things. "Liberation" wouldn't even have been Top 20 with streaming. It was #1 with pure sales.

34 minutes ago, BlueBalls said:

It is #1 this week on pure sales though. Streaming will definitely be part of the official charts next year I guess. 2020 at most. But it has its positive things. "Liberation" wouldn't even have been Top 20 with streaming. It was #1 with pure sales.

yasss defend Godberation. cry1

do you have a link to the spanish charts? all i could find were the ones from past week.

later edit: i found the source cry1 and Di Mi Nombre is #1 for a second week! I really wish Malamente repeaked though but I guess the airplay is not as big as the sales, the song is going hella strong on itunes. antm1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.