Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Infrared

Nile Rodgers: Gaga more respectful than fossil

Gaga sings the only cover version on the record - the Chic song, I Want Your Love, which Rodgers wrote in 1978 after hearing it in a dream. I wonder if there were any similarities between working with Lady Gaga and Madonna. (Rodgers was crucial to the singer's early career, as well as a close friend on the Eighties New York club scene.) "Gaga's a different kind of animal," he says. "[Before recording] she said, 'Nile, I want to know what's in your mind.' She was incredibly respectful...That right there is a huge difference in personality."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/nile-rodgers-interview-growing-outcast-drugs-gave-confidence/

xtina2

Madonna and gaga have different personalities.
Gaga is a people pleaser, she aims to please others and this might make working with her a pleasant experience but this is not the best approach to adopt in the workplace, you need to say "no" more often. Madonna on the other hand, is a leo, she has no problem being perceived as a "bitch" as long as it's going to get the job done, she has an idea of what works/what doesn't work for her and she will always start from this point in everything she will ever does. 

Tl;Dr both take risks but madonna keep her risks within the image/brand she created for herself, gaga has no problem doing non-gaga things which might/might not work for her (?!)

i will post these to give you an insight..

So this is gaga

This is madonna

Nile Rodgers:

"I’m good at liking them, but my taste is rather eclectic, so I’m trying to make artists that are just interesting and have a huge amount of style. Like Madonna — when I first met Madonna I was perplexed. The second time I met Madonna. I was in love. So it went from ‘Huh’ to ‘You’re the f—ing greatest s— I’ve ever seen.” 

https://ew.com/music/2018/09/13/nile-rodgers-chic-interview-its-about-time/

The 'Le Freak' hitmaker produced Madonna's second studio album 'Like a Virgin' in 1984, and said the superstar was determined to do things her way.

He recalled: "She knew what she wanted."

He tried to convince Madonna to change the key of her hit song 'Material Girl', which didn't go down well.

In his 2012 'Le Freak' memoir, he wrote: "I'd worked with so many international superstars, but I'd never come across such an iron will before."

https://www.celebretainment.com/music/nile-rodgers-lady-gaga-s-more-respectful-than-madonna/article_c26dd3b8-64a8-5ad2-8628-4d2f6e9cb9b1.html

So, according to this Gaga did what Nile wanted her to do. Hence being "more respectful". On the other hand, Madonna didn't just sit there in the studio and wasn't saying yes to everything.

If disagreeing with a producer and sticking to your own vision means being "less respectful",  then I am OK with it, since most Madonna's decisions were great and she delivered quality. xtina11 

Fun fact: Nile had a rough time with Grace Jones too while making her Inside Story album, which was more commercial sound for Grace, so it is understandable why Grace wasn't satisfied. jj2 

20 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

Nile Rodgers:

"I’m good at liking them, but my taste is rather eclectic, so I’m trying to make artists that are just interesting and have a huge amount of style. Like Madonna — when I first met Madonna I was perplexed. The second time I met Madonna. I was in love. So it went from ‘Huh’ to ‘You’re the f—ing greatest s— I’ve ever seen.” 

https://ew.com/music/2018/09/13/nile-rodgers-chic-interview-its-about-time/

The 'Le Freak' hitmaker produced Madonna's second studio album 'Like a Virgin' in 1984, and said the superstar was determined to do things her way.

He recalled: "She knew what she wanted."

He tried to convince Madonna to change the key of her hit song 'Material Girl', which didn't go down well.

In his 2012 'Le Freak' memoir, he wrote: "I'd worked with so many international superstars, but I'd never come across such an iron will before."

https://www.celebretainment.com/music/nile-rodgers-lady-gaga-s-more-respectful-than-madonna/article_c26dd3b8-64a8-5ad2-8628-4d2f6e9cb9b1.html

So, according to this Gaga did what Nile wanted her to do. Hence being "more respectful". On the other hand, Madonna didn't just sit there in the studio and wasn't saying yes to everything.

If disagreeing with a producer and sticking to your own vision means being "less respectful",  then I am OK with it, since most Madonna's decisions were great and she delivered quality. xtina11 

Fun fact: Nile had a rough time with Grace Jones too while making her Inside Story album, which was more commercial sound for Grace, so it is understandable why Grace wasn't satisfied. jj2 

Well behaved bitches seldom make history*, no wonder madonna is the #1.

Spoiler

(won't be applied to gaga tho cuz she's talented and she actually started embracing being a "bitch" ; she refused to walk in her vogue interview cuz she didn't feel like it, that's a good first step! i high-key loved it! she's from new-york, it should have came naturally for her earlier, but it's okay!)

FZuY6Nn.gif

/EndThread

38 minutes ago, Dumbo said:

When are they gonna go extinct. xD 

When an asteroid will hit the earth again.

kim+kardashian+beautiful+face-4.jpg

But even if an asteroid hits the earth now, people will still talking about us in 66.002.018 AD, as we still talk about dinosaurs. Can't say the same for the rest.

kim+kardashian+beautiful+face-4.jpg

34 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Ironic considering he’s the one that famously stated that Madonna doesn’t get the credit she deserves as a musician. ari5 

Guess they will change their minds about him now. ari5

1 hour ago, Urbanov said:

This thread is about Godga and Fossil, looks like you’re lost, just like your fave

Facts don't care for anyone's feelings.
Madonna is the #1 female in BB's GOAT list, is a R&R Hall of fame inductee and has a Guinness record to confirm her sales (all combined put her at the top of the game!), it took someone as legendary as mariah, with 18#1's, to come at #2. 

Madge stans in FOTP may suck when it comes to a lot of things, but facts are facts. 

4SzpMqT.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.