Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Phoebe

Why ARTPOP was messy?

Title. I always see posts and tweets like 'messy ARTPOP promo'. In my eyes Joanne was a mess whereas I think the ARTPOP promo was very good. Well not, BTW level good but it is her 2nd best promoted era/album imo. BTW > AP > TFM > TF > Jolene. nicki5

I have never witnessed an era so messy and frustrating than ARTPOP, it was way too much for Gaga and her fans, everything went wrong, the mini Applause era with the VMA performance and the Swinefest was amazing, after that everything was trash, messy looks, messy performances, messy single choices, messy tour, messy meltdowns

the haters were probably livin' during this era tho

anotado.gif

20 minutes ago, Ricky Martin said:

I have never witnessed an era so messy and frustrating than ARTPOP, it was way too much for Gaga and her fans, everything went wrong, the mini Applause era with the VMA performance and the Swinefest was amazing, after that everything was trash, messy looks, messy performances, messy single choices, messy tour, messy meltdowns

the haters were probably livin' during this era tho

anotado.gif

messy looks? honey, she was serving all the time during the AP era and not all performances were messy. other than the dwuw blackout i can't think of anything else that made the artpop era 'messy'. for the singles part, they were all perfect but the gp had no interest in her so there was no point in releasing more singles, altho manicure, sex dreams, aura and gypsy were paid dust. jj3

Throughout her whole career, Gaga has had eyes bigger than her creative stomach. The ARTPOP era promised a lot but fulfilled little whereas the Joanne era had nothing really promised so when stuff actually did happen it seemed more important or more interesting than it should have

like girl dont promise us an app that gives us access to stems and unreleased music and then just let the idea fade into non-existence, so rude to the fans cry9

"yeehaw heres 5 bar performances of my new shit! look im wearing a pink hat and a crop top!!!" fun i guess brit5

1 hour ago, Rachel Green said:

messy looks? honey, she was serving all the time during the AP era and not all performances were messy. other than the dwuw blackout i can't think of anything else that made the artpop era 'messy'. for the singles part, they were all perfect but the gp had no interest in her so there was no point in releasing more singles, altho manicure, sex dreams, aura and gypsy were paid dust. jj3

these looks where A CHOICE aretha1

Spoiler

rs_634x1024-131028115813-634.lady-gaga-wGaga-Lazarus.jpgLady-Gaga.jpgarticle-2478368-190153F800000578-143_634q8J8vif.jpg42049.jpg

The rest of the looks werte either boring or uninteresting

she also looke a mess during the Artrave mini concert with the huge statueanna1

the DWUW performance were ALL tragic except the AMA's, and even that one wasn't anything extraordinary, she could do better than thataretha1

sorry but this era had the worst in her careerari7

and the single choices were messy because she planned a lot for venus, performances, looks, video, etc but all o fthat was scrapped for DWUW and in the end she didn't really know what to do with that song, you can tell in the scrapped mv and performances

1 minute ago, Ricky Martin said:

these looks where A CHOICE aretha1

Hide contents

rs_634x1024-131028115813-634.lady-gaga-wGaga-Lazarus.jpgLady-Gaga.jpgarticle-2478368-190153F800000578-143_634q8J8vif.jpg42049.jpg

The rest of the looks werte either boring or uninteresting

she also looke a mess during the Artrave mini concert with the huge statueanna1

the DWUW performance were ALL tragic except the AMA's, and even that one wasn't anything extraordinary, she could do better than thataretha1

sorry but this era had the worst in her careerari7

artpop era sweetie, i'm so sorry... artpop looks sweetie i'm so sorry... dwuw amas performance sweetie i'm so sorry... i assume you're a jolene stan. nicki5

17 minutes ago, Brinty said:

I found this video and i think it's a good summery of the era tbh 

it also gives info about the act 2 mess

artpop had so much potential to become her biggest era ever. fall1fall2fall7 a shame because lately i've grown to love it. fall1 the only songs that bother me are jaws n dykes and dope. if those songs weren't on the album it would be my fave, because i really loathe and hate them. the worst songs on her discography along with the entire jolene album (except john wayne, yayo and sinner's slayer ofc nicki5)

too pretentious, lyrics were unrelatable and a mess, Gaga was starting to get backlash with BTW - ARTPOP backlash was going to happen in the long run. She was the very start of the end of dance, digital sales, and the big pop star transitioning into rap, streaming, and social media stars.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.