Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Will any of Drake's #1s be remembered in the future?

Drake has been raping the top of the charts for a few years now, his songs stay at the top for months and months. But will any of those genuinely be remembered in 10-20 years? I think that's not asking for too much when we look how long his songs stay at #1. Or are they temporary fads? Local maybe?

No, they don't. They will age like milk, zero longevity, hes a fad locals move on from one fad to another soon he will be forgotton. But he is releasing with Mariah soon so atleast he will have something to be remembered by!

Considering he's only had 4 #1 US Songs says to me he is just getting started in his career. One Dance was so huge worldwide, one can't compare it to Nice For What. 

Like any artist, you have to have radio behind the song for it to filter into a legacy song. Even though In My Feeling has been #1 for what seems like a year...it stalled on radio - Hard to believe. 

Streaming is killing radio, but also killing the song. oprah14

probably more than some of the songs #1's from pop girls nowadays... he has no competition and artists like him 

there is tons of pop girls old young better and worse and many of their #1 won't be remembered or even is not already ... he actually made hell of history 

but like Mariah's 18 weeks #1 isn't remembered and streamed he might get diminished after some time ... all depends on generation and new trend in the music...but Madonna's Kylie's Mariah's older fans love them this generation will remember Drake in their later years thats how it works...

Almost none song released after 2014 which hit #1 is remembered these days so I doubt that Drake's songs'll be remembered in 5 or 10 yrs jj3  These days it's hard to create a memorable song because everything's changing even faster than it used to change in the past katy6 Havana&Bodak Yellow were #1 songs a year ago and I barely remeber them,same with Perfect,Work or Can't Feel My Face.Those songs hit #1  2 or 3 yrs ago but it seems like it happened 100 years ago jj4 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.