Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Tasso

Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper | Shallow | September 28th, 2018

9 hours ago, Jjang said:

brit12

Why didn’t they go with the trailer vocals? She sounded brilliant there. Im not even saying this to be negative, but Bradley sold the song more than her, which is a shame because she could have blown people’s mind if they kept the studio vocals in the trailer. Much more convincing and climatic. 

Idk, it sounds watered down and “Pop” while I anticipated the rock elements to be more forefront.   

I hope the fans like it anyway... there are still some golden lyrics there.

Shallow was never one of my faves to begin with but I agree. Gaga sounded a lot more powerful in the studio version. This was probably her idea to showcase once again that she can sing / her raw, not auto-tuned live vocals. We get it, there are still some people who don't think you can sing but give us the studio version bish. lol3 

And the fact that there are three versions of Shallow now. The studio version, the released one (which I'm assuming is just the "polished" live version) and the live version from the movie which is apparently more "rockish". lol3 

1 hour ago, Tasso said:

Shallow was never one of my faves to begin with but I agree. Gaga sounded a lot more powerful in the studio version. This was probably her idea to showcase once again that she can sing / her raw, not auto-tuned live vocals. We get it, there are still some people who don't think you can sing but give us the studio version bish. lol3 

And the fact that there are three versions of Shallow now. The studio version, the released one (which I'm assuming is just the "polished" live version) and the live version from the movie which is apparently more "rockish". lol3 

I just heard Shallow on the radio and there was no crowd noise (it was GORGEOUS BTW WIG FLEW) so maybe they sent studio versions? At least there’s hope giveup1 

51 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Omg you did? giveup1

Yeah they talked about ASIB, Gaga, Oscars and the soundtrack then they played The Shallow. I had to hide my goosebumps cause I was in the office full of masculine alpha males. Gay wanted to jump out but I didn’t let him giveup1 

17 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Yeah they talked about ASIB, Gaga, Oscars and the soundtrack then they played The Shallow. I had to hide my goosebumps cause I was in the office full of masculine alpha males. Gay wanted to jump out but I didn’t let him giveup1 

I think after a while when you listen to something, it all sounds the same slaycat

4 minutes ago, Infrared said:

I think after a while when you listen to something, it all sounds the same slaycat

No mate, it was clearly a studio version for 99%. There is a little chance it was a radio edit but crowd noise was basically inaudible that’s why it sounded SO GOOD

10 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Was the instrumental more hard hitting and clear? Did they stick with the trailer vocals? katy9

It sounded very organic but I think it’s due to the fact they got rid off the screaming crowd. About vocals hmmm I can’t really remember cause I was surprised by the fact they played it on the radio so I didn’t focus on the vocals  rip4 

But to be honest for me it doesn’t really matter cause Gaga slayed on both 

Just now, Urbanov said:

It sounded very organic but I think it’s due to the fact they got rid off the screaming crowd. About vocals hmmm I can’t really remember cause I was surprised by the fact they played it on the radio so I didn’t focus on the vocals  rip4 

But to be honest for me it doesn’t really matter cause Gaga slayed on both 

I'm still magically hoping there are some changes. At least structure wise, the "in the shallow, shallow" refrain needs to be cut please. ari6

It’s vanilla. I was expecting a harder rock edge to it but it’s pretty basic. 

And Gaga’s over the top vocals ruin the songs intended emotional impact as per usual; oversinging does not a sad song make. I’m more affected by moments of subtlety of which she has none but ya’ll seem to like it so different strokes for different folks.

Spotify WW:

89. (+18) Shallow By Lady Gaga 932.056

Spotify UK:

63. (+8) Shallow by Lady Gaga 92.273

Spotfy Brazil:

77. (+30) Shallow by Lady Gaga 100.952

Spotify Canada:

90. (+13) Shallow by Lady Gaga 44,308

Spotify US:

105. (+8) Shallow by Lady Gaga 332,386 

giphy.gif

• Replies 177