Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker

Phoenix is a great actor but I'm not sure about this movie rip4 Also...the character's real name is Arthur Fleck? Like....A. Fleck?....Affleck? I don't know if that's a coincidence or some commentary on the current movie Batman that I don't quite grasp.

11 minutes ago, Not Dennis Reynolds said:

Phoenix is a great actor but I'm not sure about this movie rip4 Also...the character's real name is Arthur Fleck? Like....A. Fleck?....Affleck? I don't know if that's a coincidence or some commentary on the current movie Batman that I don't quite grasp.

I read somewhere that this film isn't connected with any of the DCEU films. I had hoped they would've gone with the red hood storyline. 

27 minutes ago, Dookie Quill said:

I read somewhere that this film isn't connected with any of the DCEU films. I had hoped they would've gone with the red hood storyline. 

You're right, it isn't. I don't think it's actually specifically based on any one storyline, but they say they took some inspiration from The Killing Joke.

I'm not nuts about the director, but it does have a good cast.

1 hour ago, SWINΞ said:

Let’s be honest though, anything Joker-related that isn’t Jared Leto is already amazing tbh

You know, as much as I don't like the look of his version of the Joker (they went way too far into the Marilyn Manson/shock rocker direction), overall I think his performance and the general depiction of the character. I'm not sure than any of the other live action versions of the character nailed down that the Joker does the things that he does because he has a good time doing them, which is a big part of the character in the comics. I surely prefer Nicholson and Ledger, but with them it's mostly about art and anarchy, so I at least appreciated the effort to portray the Joker as a fun-loving maniac.

2 hours ago, Not Dennis Reynolds said:

You're right, it isn't. I don't think it's actually specifically based on any one storyline, but they say they took some inspiration from The Killing Joke.

I'm not nuts about the director, but it does have a good cast.

I actually like that they took some inspiration from The Killing Joke. I assume it's going to be a combination of original material along with stuff from TKJ. Who else is set to star in this? I'm intrigued and excited to see Joaquin's portrayal of the Joker.

1 minute ago, Dookie Quill said:

I actually like that they took some inspiration from The Killing Joke. I assume it's going to be a combination of original material along with stuff from TKJ. Who else is set to star in this? I'm intrigued and excited to see Joaquin's portrayal of the Joker.

Robert De Niro - not much known about his character but it's a main role

Zazie Beetz - Joker's love interest

Frances Conroy - Joker's mom

Brett Cullen - Thomas Wayne, apparently as somewhat of an antagonist. Alec Baldwin was originally cast in this part but dropped out after like a day...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.