Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Why is Adele the biggest industry plant/cash cow of all time?

adelephant_400x400.jpgWas literally just thinking about this today. She literally is only in the media when making music.

She has the perfect image, foreign born, regular looking white girl with a “big, soulful” voice. She’s marketable, not a threat to anybody. She’s a Stan if everybody and their moms, and has never said anything bad about anyone. 

She loves Madonna, Beyoncé is her queen, Mariah should be in the Bible, Lauryn Hill is amazing. You love Celine, she likes Celine. You love Mary J, she loves Mary J. You’re a little more obscure? She loves Grimes and FKA Twigs. She’s a chameleon 

She doesn’t do interviews, and really has no personality outside her music. She is bland. She’s not funny, have never seen her be mildly interesting in a interview. Other than that one in 2009 when she laughed or something. 

Her music has followed the same corny love song formula since 19, no risks, vocally and lyrically mediocre but a standout amongst her R&B peers. 21 and 25 are basically the same album. 

Doesn’t seem to have any influence on her music other than lyrics and vocals, with a team of writes and producers.

Is she just Sony’s biggest cash cow of all time? We know how Colombia treats their artists. She gives me Early Mariah teas, except Mariah had a personality and actual input in her music. She’s already losing her voice too. I can foresee her trying to be more hip hop on the new album, to keep up with the masses. Disgusting 

I say this as a stan, because I stan shit out of Adele, I love her to fucking death and own everything she's ever recorded: 

Adele appeals to a bigger and a more general group of people, you don't have to understand the appeal, but you have to accept that it's there and that she's probably the last remaining artist that could probably release any given track, and have it go gold or platinum with relative ease. I know you're just being a troll with the industry plant shit, but that's not it -- she's just the patron saint of being basic, and nothing sells in the music business like being basic.

At the end of the day, she appeals to the group of people that really doesn't give a fuck if you kissed a girl and liked it, or if you had some performance artist vomit on your chest at a concert, or if you went crackers on TRL and handed out ice-cream in your underwear. 

On a side note, 25 is well on its way to earning its 12th platinum certification in the US within the next six months sia2

1 minute ago, Mamacita said:

I say this as a stan, because I stan shit out of Adele, I love her to fucking death and own everything she's ever recorded: 

Adele appeals to a bigger and a more general group of people, you don't have to understand the appeal, but you have to accept that it's there and that she's probably the last remaining artist that could probably release any given track, and have it go gold or platinum with relative ease. I know you're just being a troll with the industry plant shit, but that's not it -- she's just the patron saint of being basic, and nothing sells in the music business like being basic.

At the end of the day, she appeals to the group of people that really doesn't give a fuck if you kissed a girl and liked it, or if you had some performance artist vomit on your chest at a concert, or if you went crackers on TRL and handed out ice-cream in your underwear. 

On a side note, 25 is well on its way to earning its 12th platinum certification in the US within the next six months sia2

So you own 25? 

1 hour ago, Winnie. said:

She’s not funny, have never seen her be mildly interesting in a interview

She has the most charismatic personalitea in the world bitch gtfo and delete that avi until there's even an ounce of Daydreamer in u

undefined

She is talented but hella overrated tbh. An okay voice, average at best lyrics, zero artistry. The GP probably feels guilty of their non-existent taste so they've blown her out of proportion, same thing with Ed Sheeran or why Despacito was #1 so long. 19 was cute, 21 was okay but 25 was terrible. Anyways, its time to move on!

Although the widespread acclaim for her music will always be a mystery to me, she is the perfect commercial package. She's your typical relatable girl, with ballads that make people feel like they're listening to something deep and she keeps her personal life to herself. She's kinda like Ed Sheeran, except not even one tenth as obnoxious jj2

She gives rarely interviews and that's why people like probably, that's what makes her more interesting, the mystery. eve1 You don't know much about her. eve1 Even tho she don't look like a boring person to me, she seems funny. eve1 She's also skinny.

Better vocalist than Fatriah.

Big but beautiful, unlike Fatriah.

Outsold Fatriah WW.

Global icon who didn’t need cover songs or rent-a-rappers to get WW hit singles.

Outsold WORLD tour that Mariah was never able to doand Adele doesn’t even need to move for people to come and see her.

I can see why you’re mad and once again discrediting the success of a talented female based on her race. And you have the audacity to call me racist. lol3 This why I will always despise and continue to bully you, @Winnie. There is no place in my heart for racist trolls like you.

1 hour ago, Yzma said:

Better vocalist than Fatriah.

Big but beautiful, unlike Fatriah.

Outsold Fatriah WW.

Global icon who didn’t need cover songs or rent-a-rappers to get WW hit singles.

Outsold WORLD tour that Mariah was never able to doand Adele doesn’t even need to move for people to come and see her.

I can see why you’re mad and once again discrediting the success of a talented female based on her race. And you have the audacity to call me racist. lol3 This why I will always despise and continue to bully you, @Winnie. There is no place in my heart for racist trolls like you.

still coming for looks I see kesha8 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.