Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

#MonsterREVIEWS: A Star is Born [NO SPOILERS]

8.gif?resize=500,206

Hello girls and gays! kesha4

My university hosted an advance screening of A Star is Born tonight, and I was lucky enough to attend! So, I have decided to share my thoughts on the film here! jj2

DISCLAIMER: I am not going to post any spoilers, so for those of you who want to avoid them, you don't have to worry! sia2

To give a little bit of a backstory, the doors for the event opened at 7:30 and the movie was to begin at 8. My university is decent sized, but it isn't huge, so I figured I'd get there at like 7:15 and be fine. Nope. dead2 I open the door to the building and I could barely step inside the line was so long. giveup1 Fortunately, I was meeting up with a friend and he was near the beginning of the line, so phew! jj2 I asked what time he got there and said a little before 7, so I was shook. dead2 Clearly I underestimated how many people would come. oprah14

So the doors finally open and we snatch good seats. cry6 About 15 minutes before the film begins, a student group goes on to play a cute acoustic set, but the thing that completely shook me was for their final song, they performed Poker Face. Now it was done really well, but what shook me was that the entire crowd was living for it. giveup1 I mean the entire set before that, no-one was really paying attention, but for Poker Face everyone was singing along and clapping. giveup1 Ugh it really showed people are still here for her to serve bops! yas2 

Now on to the movie. jj2 Overall, it was truly beautiful. oprah2 The acting was amazing. oprah2 The music was unbelievable. oprah2 I'm not going to speak about the plot and everything directly, but my favorite scene had to have been at the beginning at the gay bar. oprah2 Shangela and Willam were great. oprah2 Gaga was great. oprah2 Bradley did amazing too. oprah2 Other scenes I highly enjoyed were ones between Gaga and Bradley that were romantic, yet playful at the same time. You could really tell they had solid chemistry throughout the film. oprah2 I also loved when she socked a guy in the face. oprah2 And when their dog they got together was in the scenes. oprah2

Now, I'm not going to lie, there was a time or two in the movie where I was like meh, where is this going? But they quickly got back on track and continued to snatch me. oprah2 The thing that got me the most was definitely the ending. giveup1 I mean, I'm still processing it. giveup1 Truly, truly, truly moving. sob1 I mean the entire auditorium left in tears, that's how powerful it was. giveup1 I'm going to go back when it hits theaters and I cannot wait to watch again and pick up on things I missed, etc. giveup1 

Also I thought it was cute how I could point out when they filmed at Coachella, JWT, etc. it was pretty cool. jj5 And you can totally tell that The Cure was totally made for the soundtrack. giveup1 I was expecting it to make a surprise appearance or something that's how similar Ally's pop songs sound. giveup1 

Leaving the auditorium was an experience as well. giveup1 While wiping away the tears, everyone was lauding Gaga and her acting. giveup1 Multiple times I heard, "I like Gaga so much more now," "She's an amazing actress," etc. sob1 They were giving away free posters at the end so I was able to snatch one to rihmember my first time seeing it. oprah4 

I'm just so very proud of Gaga. I started stanning during The Fame era and to see her continually heighten the bar for herself, album after album, tour after tour, project after project, is something so special to me. oprah4 I literally grew up with her as my role model, someone who I could always look to for happiness, and to now see her become a legend right before my eyes is just so special to me. oprah4 I'm so emotional and need to stop blabbing, so I'll finish here, but lemme just say GO SEE ASIB IN THEATERS OCT 5! alex1oprah4 

Also I'm shook I forgot to mention that there were literal security guards just for the purpose of snatching phones. dead2 I was going to snap a pic, but once I saw them almost snag a couple phones and threaten to kick people out, I was like NOPE! jj4 

EDIT: Sorry my post is so long, I just had a lot to share. giveup1oprah4 

EDIT x2: I'm dumb I forgot that I changed my name from Monster to Queen and still wrote #MonsterREVIEWS. dead2 Oh well, it's staying now! ny1 

1 minute ago, Hylia said:

I feel like this is truly a moment so many stans have been longing for. I’m glad you enjoyed it! I’m so excited to hear the soundtrack and see the movie. giveup1 

It is! And I think it's because the GP is finally giving her the credit she deserves. giveup1 It's like this movie is the crowning moment of her icon status (or something of the sorts). giveup1 

Thanks! and YES. After watching the movie early I now have an excruciating wait to be able to listen to the songs on repeat. giveup1 

8 minutes ago, Vice said:

Wait what it’s out? kesha5

3 hours ago, Queen said:

My university hosted an advance screening of A Star is Born tonight,

sia1 

37 minutes ago, Vice said:

Whoops fall8

i didn’t read any of it because I didn’t wanna spoil it for myself 

4 hours ago, Queen said:

DISCLAIMER: I am not going to post any spoilers, so for those of you who want to avoid them, you don't have to worry! sia2

jj5

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.