Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

"Die Young" hits 200 million streams on Spotify

Just now, TomTom said:

Everytime! But there are different regulations regarding what exactly counts as a stream. In some countries, only premium Spotify streams count and not free streams, sometimes they have to have a certain minimal length (30 seconds, for example), etc.

Ok it makes sense, basically 150 is like the average times a single user listen to the song, I was confused because of this jj1

On 10/4/2018 at 3:57 PM, NuJ4X said:

200 million people listen to your song, and its not certified 200x platinum. But, if 200 million people PURCHASED your single, it would be 200x platinum. I don't get it.

4 minutes ago, Recycled stardust said:

Ok it makes sense, basically 150 is like the average times a single user listen to the song, I was confused because of this jj1

Yes, 150 streams count as one unit and one unit is the same as one digital copy.

2 hours ago, TomTom said:

Yes, 150 streams count as one unit and one unit is the same as one digital copy.

how many streams can one individual have at one time that would go towards that kesha8 

1 minute ago, TomTom said:

What do you mean exactly?

is there a limit on how many streams each ip address/account can stream a single song til it counts as one digital sale?

1 minute ago, Chris Morlock said:

is there a limit on how many streams each ip address/account can stream a single song til it counts as one digital sale?

I have no clue, but as far as I know how many streams of the same song come from the same person is not a factor for the calculation because you often read about streaming bots and such that stream the same song over and over again to inflate the streams, so I would just say every 150 times you stream a song technically counts as a new unit, but I have honestly no clue.

1 minute ago, TomTom said:

I have no clue, but as far as I know how many streams of the same song come from the same person is not a factor for the calculation because you often read about streaming bots and such that stream the same song over and over again to inflate the streams, so I would just say every 150 times you stream a song technically counts as a new unit, but I have honestly no clue.

i remember before that you can only stream the same song 7 times a day to count as one sale, but any more than 7 wont count.

Just now, Chris Morlock said:

i remember before that you can only stream the same song 7 times a day to count as one sale, but any more than 7 wont count.

Might be. Haven't found anything about that on the RIAA website yet.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.