Kylie

Kim Petras

Kim Petras (born 27 August 1992) is a German singer and songwriter currently based in Los Angeles.[4] Born in Cologne, Petras became subject of media coverage after undergoing gender transition at a young age. Petras began recording music as a teenager, releasing her debut extended play One Piece of Tape in 2011. She independently released her debut single in 2017, "I Don't Want It at All", which was produced by Dr. Luke and topped viral music charts on Spotify, resulting in Petras landing a partnership with the company, and peaked at number 54 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart in the United States.[5] Petras has since released the singles "Hills", "Hillside Boys", "Slow It Down", "Heart to Break", and "Faded", each of which has accumulated over one million streams. She also appears on Charli XCX's mixtape Pop 2 (2017), alongside Jay Park on the track "Unlock It".

Singles:

Spoiler

Music videos:

Spoiler

Turn Off The Light, Vol I Mixtape:

Spoiler

Features:

Spoiler

Live performances (not all of them):

Spoiler

Stans:

@Royalty @Quill @Jake @Juinae @Mystique @Moonlight @Freaky Prince @Hector @The Plague @Electric Light @Luca @Daenerys

My favorite song is probably "Heart To Break" and from the mixtape "Close Your Eyes" probably nat2 

Sis has great live vocals but she should stop using autotune for her not acoustic performances, it's simply not necessary mad3 
The performance at BUILDSeriesNYC is so good yas2 

1 minute ago, Sir Stansalot said:

Her music bops but idk how I feel about her working with Dr. Luke and then liking tweets like this

DXj-g2TVwAA-EnL.jpg

I didn't know about that tweet though, but what I do think about her saying that she has a positive experience with Dr. Luke, if that if she hasn't been raped by him, the experience was probably positive. I said this in BG too, but once again, you don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe she signed with him before the Kesha legal case, or she didn't know about it since she comes from Germany (honestly here in Holland you hear nothing about it so I can imagine the same thing in Germany), and if she signed a deal with him, she's stuck with him, just as Kesha is. I would try to make the best of it either. Either way - I think she is an incredible artist and I hope, indeed, that she stops working with Dr. Luke, but you know...you don't know what's going on in her real life so we might never know. 

1 minute ago, Royalty said:

I didn't know about that tweet though, but what I do think about her saying that she has a positive experience with Dr. Luke, if that if she hasn't been raped by him, the experience was probably positive. I said this in BG too, but once again, you don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe she signed with him before the Kesha legal case, or she didn't know about it since she comes from Germany (honestly here in Holland you hear nothing about it so I can imagine the same thing in Germany), and if she signed a deal with him, she's stuck with him, just as Kesha is. I would try to make the best of it either. Either way - I think she is an incredible artist and I hope, indeed, that she stops working with Dr. Luke, but you know...you don't know what's going on in her real life so we might never know. 

tbh I can't deny that her music probably would be nowhere near as good without him. TOTL Vol.1's production is some of the absolute best pop music I've listened to in a long time and all her neon singles were jams. I can understand not wanting to speak out against someone you're contractually obligated to work with esp as an upcoming artist and fearing for your career but she's in no place to like tweets like the one I mentioned above. Either way I can't help but enjoy her music even if it's problamtiquemoo1 

1 minute ago, Sir Stansalot said:

tbh I can't deny that her music probably would be nowhere near as good without him. TOTL Vol.1's production is some of the absolute best pop music I've listened to in a long time and all her neon singles were jams. I can understand not wanting to speak out against someone you're contractually obligated to work with esp as an upcoming artist and fearing for your career but she's in no place to like tweets like the one I mentioned above. Either way I can't help but enjoy her music even if it's problamtiquemoo1 

Absolutely! I mean - all the songs she has released this and last year are bops. It's been a long time I liked EVERY SONG released by an artist. And she's going to release a song every month, upcoming to her debut album, she stated, so I am so hyped about that! I wonder what of the songs she has released now are going to be on the album. Anyway, about the tweet, there's no way to justify that and that's super fucked up....but at least, she apologised for the things that she said and we lowkey need her as a LGBTQ+ ally, she's openly trans. 

1 minute ago, Royalty said:

Absolutely! I mean - all the songs she has released this and last year are bops. It's been a long time I liked EVERY SONG released by an artist. And she's going to release a song every month, upcoming to her debut album, she stated, so I am so hyped about that! I wonder what of the songs she has released now are going to be on the album. Anyway, about the tweet, there's no way to justify that and that's super fucked up....but at least, she apologised for the things that she said and we lowkey need her as a LGBTQ+ ally, she's openly trans. 

True. I'm really excited about a trans artist breaking into mainstream pop. And she's slowly and steadily growing. Are the monthly drops leading up to the album related to the neon singles she's already released? Also do we know if TOTL Vol.2 is coming late this month? 

18 minutes ago, Sir Stansalot said:

True. I'm really excited about a trans artist breaking into mainstream pop. And she's slowly and steadily growing. Are the monthly drops leading up to the album related to the neon singles she's already released? Also do we know if TOTL Vol.2 is coming late this month? 

She hasn't said anything about VOL II yet, but I think it will be released maybe at the end of this month? Makes sense to release it on Halloween though, since it's fully Halloween inspired. I don't know if the songs she's going to drop are related to the neon singles. She should put the neon singles on an EP and release an official lead single for her album though, because if she continues to release songs like there's no tomorrow, which song will be used as the lead single? "I Don't Want It At All" is already too far away to be really used as a lead single tbh. 

I like her and her music, but I’m also on the fence with the whole Dr. Luke situation. And I hate that his production is so good with her voice. I support her though and hope she is only fulfilling her contract and will move away from him on future projects.

Trying to put together a mixtape of all her singles but struggling to finalize a final track  order. Any suggestions?

Also I’m going the the Troye Sivan concert in Chicago next Friday and am literally more excited for Kim than him lol

On 10/3/2018 at 4:56 AM, Royalty said:

She hasn't said anything about VOL II yet, but I think it will be released maybe at the end of this month? Makes sense to release it on Halloween though, since it's fully Halloween inspired. I don't know if the songs she's going to drop are related to the neon singles. She should put the neon singles on an EP and release an official lead single for her album though, because if she continues to release songs like there's no tomorrow, which song will be used as the lead single? "I Don't Want It At All" is already too far away to be really used as a lead single tbh. 

I think that she should at least include Heart to Break and I Dont Want It At All on the album, both get lots of streams (for her) and it would be dumb to not add them because of that. Maybe as a bonus track cry7 but UGH i'm excited for her album, i'm pretty sure she's just releasing singles like this to get everyone hyped. But the sis needs REAL backup from her label because she ain't going nowhere only by releasing music on Spotify